Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 875

Thread: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

  1. #81
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Since it keeps happening, let's reiterate:

    *If someone has already nominated a thread for a category, you don't need to do it again.*
    *i.e. Stop nominating the Naruto & Bleach Thread for Best Thread: once is enough.*
    *These are nominations, not votes! You don't need to double up. There'll be plenty of time for that later.*
    Last edited by Silence; December 7th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  2. #82
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default

    Ahh, the power of bold speak~

    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    It's okay Shu, they'll listen to you one day. You'll make them listen...
    That'll be the day~
    Last edited by Shuhan; December 7th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

  3. #83
    the answer is screaming zachri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In my body I hope

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Yeah so I derped and thought the Best Thread thing was closed so I forgot to nominate Monkey D. Ish... oh well.

  4. #84

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Booooo, right when I thought of one to nominate for best thread..

    One Piece Thread Reference.

  5. #85
    King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Bleach and Naruto thread got left out of worst thread!? Scandal!!1!
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

  6. #86

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    ^I was going to do that, but my reasons for doing so might have crossed a certain line.. So I quickly reconsidered and didn't bother nominating anything.

  7. #87
    *Angry Catra noises* Shuhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    An arctic kitchen

    Default

    I missed most of the debates and chew outs this year...I got nothing...

  8. #88

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    I missed most of the debates and chew outs this year...I got nothing...
    If some of the debates here weren't so beyond me, I'd vote for them--but I have no idea what the hell they're talking about sometimes lol. I've been so focused on entertainment (which I really don't regret) that I haven't really built up a good debate foundation. I wanna make sure, before I really plunge into debating here and elsewhere, that I'm thinking logically and as equally as possible. So in that way I kind of "missed" some debates here because I didn't understand them. I'm 20 now though, so I figure this is a good time to start building a debate at a basal level everyday and tacking on pieces to it little by little.


  9. #89

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    I share your sentiments. Literally every post of mine has been bullshit one-liners. I wanna debath something. In 2013, be ready Arlong Park.

    Spoiler:
    And be gentle.

  10. #90

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I share your sentiments. Literally every post of mine has been bullshit one-liners. I wanna debath something. In 2013, be ready Arlong Park.

    Spoiler:
    And be gentle.
    Highly eloquent + entertaining bullshit one-liners ;). Don't discredit yourself: this forum has dozens of fantastic posters. Debating is just one way to get your point across.


  11. #91
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    I remember really liking some discussions in the Magi thread, I need to go check out late if there is something there to nominate.

  12. #92

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Chew outs and Debates, I see?

    I think I'll pass. -_-
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/4/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)


  13. #93
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Squawk

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Debates are my favorite part of the Internet, even though they usually leave me in tears.

  14. #94
    The Antagonist DarkFalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    lost in time-space

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    Debates are my favorite part of the Internet, even though they usually leave me in tears.
    Why is that? Are people that bad to you, when you are discussing? Or maybe mourn the state of intellect of humankind?
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

  15. #95
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Squawk

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post
    Why is that? Are people that bad to you, when you are discussing?
    It's a combination of that, and the fact that I couldn't educate them.

    Keep in mind, there are silly debates where most everyone is certain of the answer (the FelRes chewout), and I feel okay about those... But when the majority of the population seems to hold an opinion that is genuinely hurtful, I get worked up.

  16. #96
    The Antagonist DarkFalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    lost in time-space

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    It's a combination of that, and the fact that I couldn't educate them.

    Keep in mind, there are silly debates where most everyone is certain of the answer (the FelRes chewout), and I feel okay about those... But when the majority of the population seems to hold an opinion that is genuinely hurtful, I get worked up.
    That kind of education just takes insane amount of, if you are giving people the idea that is opposed to what they previously believed right it takes years for them to change their minds or even consider that maybe you were right, no matter how good your arguments are. If you have ideas about changing state of society, sometimes centuries are needed for ideas to bloom and give fruits. Take the idea of equality for example, it exist in western culture at least for 2000 years, and it's only very recently it started to work and we are not quite there yet.
    I think it's great of you to discuss with people issues you deem important, even when you feel how ungrateful task it is. It's not like you are not educating them, it's just the fact it goes really slowly.
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

  17. #97
    HHMMMMM!!?? Money and Spades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Straw Hat's Ship

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    I'm sad. Two of my threads are worst thread nominees.
    Spoiler:

  18. #98

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    ^Don't be sad. Think of it as an honor. Even more so if one of them wins.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

    Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

  19. #99
    The Antagonist DarkFalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    lost in time-space

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Money and Spades View Post
    I'm sad. Two of my threads are worst thread nominees.
    hey, you've gained notoriety, some people would be delighted http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herostratus
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

  20. #100

    Default Re: AP Awards Discussion Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    If some of the debates here weren't so beyond me, I'd vote for them--but I have no idea what the hell they're talking about sometimes lol. I've been so focused on entertainment (which I really don't regret) that I haven't really built up a good debate foundation. I wanna make sure, before I really plunge into debating here and elsewhere, that I'm thinking logically and as equally as possible. So in that way I kind of "missed" some debates here because I didn't understand them. I'm 20 now though, so I figure this is a good time to start building a debate at a basal level everyday and tacking on pieces to it little by little.

    God Yes!!! Three weeks ago.. the first time I looked at the How do you think Woman are portrayed in One Piece I was thinking to myself "Yes. I can't wait to delve into this subject!" Only after reading 3 pages, trying to jump into the discussion was like trying to cross a street in a NASCAR race.

    But it's like that so much here in these forums, because truth be told, the brains here in AP are a bit more top notch than other anime forums. I can't get away with half assed speculations and ideas, someone will always discover the errors. You have to be on your A game ...AT ALL TIMES! Dammit AP, why do so many of you have to be so educated!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts