+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 349 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Wars - It's In the Trash

Default Re: Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking manga

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    the raw has been out for a while it seems. http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...ma-45-Raw-Scan
    Since eru's translation isn't out yet, I'll drop a summary maybe after eating something, if the translation doesn't come out until then.
    And that's good. Cause... u know... Shokugeki no Souma is a cooking manga

Summary
    Spoiler:
    - Shiomi's flashback of entering the polar dorm, she passed fumio's test on her first try.
    - Jouichirou asks her if she wants to try his new creations(xD)
    - She answers yes, thus starting their relationship in which she became Jou's guinea pig
    - Soma is throwing in how she didn't change much from back then(appearance wise)
    - She shrugs it off that her youthful look is thanks to the many spices she has eaten
    - Soma makes a remark about his dad's treatment of his junior to Megumi (xD her face...)
    - Shiomi is fine helping Megumi but not Soma
    - We're introduced to Hayama Akira(the tanned cinnamon guy), he's Shiomi's assistant and also a first year
    - Which is unusual since only second years attend seminars, he's there though because Shiomi needs him
    - Some squabble between the two with Hayama winning
    - Lots of talk about spice, Shiomi is very buff on the theory(chemistry) of it all, her mouth is watering just looking at the formulas
    - Hayama gives them some actual dishes their seminar specializes in
    - We learn why Hayama is her assistant his fine nose enables him to put Shiomi's theories to practice.
    - Soma issuing him a challenge, saying that he will let him taste a more delicious curry than he served him at the elections

I went with my feeling on what I think are the most interesting things leaving other stuff out(like more detailed explanations on spices or the dishes themselves), but if there are any question just ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by ponx View Post
    And that's good. Cause... u know... Shokugeki no Souma is a cooking manga
    ;D
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; October 25th, 2013 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks for the translation. Also, you should get a two-starred uniform two blue stars. :O

Edit: yeah, too much Kill la Kill. :P
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
    Thanks for the translation. Also, you should get a two-starred uniform two blue stars. :O

Edit: yeah, too much Kill la Kill. :P
    No problem! :D And not at all you gotta go with the trends.
    About the stars, I'd rather not be or people would start expecting something like quality and shit :P.
    I'm fine doing it once in a while when raws are out and nothing is out there and I also still make quite the mistakes here and there(especially cause I rarely proofread what I write).

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Something else came to my mind when I read those bold words, IS GOING TO PIERCE MEEEE! XD

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/202784/...by_casanova/15

This is Curry Leaf. Also known as Curry Leaf. Don't you mean ... it means curry leaf?

That was a fun chapter. Playing with spices and making curry eh. The "Woah he didn't use stock!" thing amused me. Who puts stock in curry? Really ...

Annnnnd, Hayama's a great new rival, even if only a short term one. It's looking good :)

Welp. I'm a Hayama fan lol. Rawr.

Raw is out http://www.mangabird.com/shokugeki-no-soma-46?page=0
    wow that was actually the first chapter that bored me >.<.
    But yeah transition chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Raw is out http://www.mangabird.com/shokugeki-no-soma-46?page=0
    wow that was actually the first chapter that bored me >.<.
    But yeah transition chapter.
    It seems Soma found and interesting idea, and for the bubbles about the addition of ingredients, you end waiting to see what is going to be the big idea.

i hope now Shokugeki no Soma will be more like Cooking MasterBoy or Yakitate Japan with more creative and exaggerate techniques, styles and recipes.. so far we only got to see the food already finish and a little bit theory behind them.. still lacking that drama involving cooking and the battle itself..

Chapter summary:
    Spoiler:

- Hayama is surprised by Soma's challenge and asks him if he didn't feel anything from his curry
    - Soma tells him that his curry was so good it made him jealous of his skills
    - Hayama says that facing spices is facing their scent and that he doesn't stand a chance with him having that special sense of smell
    - Soma and Megumi are doing some self study on spices
    - Megumi is getting overwhelmed by the amount of different spices used for curry and the resulting complexity of mixes
    - Megumi is being swept up by one of her worry attacks, Soma calms her down with one of his old stories
    - When he was in his 6th year of elementary his father told him to create one of the dishes for their new menu, a challenge he hasn't faced before
    - He tells her that if he would freeze up every time he was lacking something(knowledge/skills/etc) he wouldn't be able to cook at all
    - A few days are passing, Megumi decides to go back to her hometown in order to try out different local ingredients with spices
    - A few more days are passing. Ishiki walks in on a sleep deprived Soma, after seeing what he has done he tells him it's very interesting
    - Hayama is very eager to prove the superiority of his combi with Shiomi
    - Chapter ends with the elections starting
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; November 1st, 2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: slight correction :P and chapter is out

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

so apparently it looks like Viz have licensed this as Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma.

.... I hate how clunky the two punctuation marks next to each other look. Other than that!: YAY!:

Huh, early leaking from Amazon. Viz doesn't even update for another couple of hours at least...
    That gets my hopes up for its inclusion in English WSJ (and the timing would work!). If they still don't put it in there teasing like this, I'll be not pleased

Viz was teasing a major announcement via shonen jump twitter. COmbined with this, I have very high hopes. And this is the perfect time to start the series given the election arc is just starting

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yep, Soma is going to be in Jump. Stated in the WSJ podcast

Well, that's pretty exciting. Earlier when they said their new manga was done by a duo, I had guessed it'd be this one but it turned out to be Seraph of the End.

More details about print/digital release: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-comedy-manga

In my head, I know that it's still fantastic news to see Souma getting a digital and print release here. But man, the disappointment of those high hopes earlier at not having it in English WSJ...

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Wait it's seriosly gonna be called food wars? Sounds kinda funny, but who cares at least now I'm gonna be able to buy the volumes.

It's a long and janky title to leave untouched... If you notice, virtually every title that has a long-ass Japanese title either gets released under its catchy nickname (Saikano, Oreimo, Watamote) or gets its own English title (Attack on Titan, Food Wars). "Shokugeki no Soma" means absolutely nothing to English speakers.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information