+ Reply to Thread
Page 322 of 337 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 6723

Thread: Food Wars? More like "Belongs in the Trash"

Default Re: Food Wars! , or "The Room" of Japan

Erina working out for the upcoming Autumn Election. She has to show off dat body.

Also, I got Nene right, but Eizan was unexpected.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Spoiler:
    Jouichiro Yukihira, formerly known as Jouichiro Saiba,

has another son who goes by the name of Asahi Saiba. He is Soma's long lost relative and the man behind the midnight chefs.

Never would have thought the reason Jou changed his name would be far more complex, rather than just honoring his late wife as I presumed.

I'm having AoT vibes right now.

Spoiler:
    Well, that came out of nowhere. According to the spoilers this new longlost brother beat Jouichiro in a Shokugeki 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    Spoiler:
    Well, that came out of nowhere. According to the spoilers this new longlost brother beat Jouichiro in a Shokugeki 5-0.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah! Another Azami type character is coming up it seems...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Oh god these spoilers lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Just remember to not act rash. One thread going full shit is plenty enough.

Fuck it. I wanna be the first to do this reference.
    Spoiler:

Hidden:

Spoiler:
    I like Shokugeki no soma, but this is the worst shit he's ever written. Cancel this series

Spoiler:
    I did not beat him, Soma, it's not true! It's Bullshit! I did not challenge him to a shokugeki. I did naaaaaht. Oh hi Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Spoiler:
    I like Shokugeki no soma, but this is the worst shit he's ever written. Cancel this series
    Which part?

Spoiler:
    I'll wait a bit more before judging this development.

Spoiler:
    you got a bro, and he is evil yo, beat your papa in a blow, now coming to your home, and making poisoned sushi yo~
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; July 11th, 2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: yes, i care enough
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Which part?

Spoiler:
    I'll wait a bit more before judging this development.
    Spoiler:
    The long lost evil brother masterminding a group of underground chefs part

No need to act rash is right, I've given it thought over the day after reading the spoilers so I can say this with certainty.

Spoiler:
    It sucks

is this series worth reading?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    is this series worth reading?
    if you don't invest too much grey matter into it, sure. there are worse ones out there.

but there has to be some better ones as well, yanno? currently its a solid *meh* that's trending downwards, largely due to the overarching plot.
    You come at the king, you best not miss.

It sets up for some decent things at the beginning, some nice arcs, and some pretty fun dish ideas complemented by great character dynamics and really creative representations of people's reactions to food only to set up for the same mistakes of other series by having difficulty balancing its ever growing cast, loses steam with its creativity to dishes and foodgasms, introduces an incredibly bad antagonist with a very tenuous goal set up on a very fragile premise, and struggles to have payoff

But you know, if you set your expectations to just boobs then you can enjoy the series fine. I would say food, too, but the dish that has stood out to me over the past year has been a four cheese pizza

Unlimited Blade soma was the most memorable foodgasm in a while, but that is still bellow the level of 「Shrimp Ramen」an spice duel monsters.

You can't just turn up the heat randomly with food mafia, after the arc of the food comunist, and before that it was a succession of big exams?

It was a hard sell from the begining, it payed off, but now it's taking dumb choices and it keeps squandering it's good faith.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It isn't even the first part of the spoiler that bothers me.

Spoiler:
    If we factor in how Jou has been so secretive in regards to his backstory, and the fact he at some point changed his name from Jouichiro Saiba to Jouichiro Yukihira, having another son named after the former isn't out of the realm of possibility and it actually makes things all the more interesting

What outrages me is that 5-0. Jou is Soma's endgoal, and suddenly a relative of his wins against his dad flawless. This better have some good explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    It isn't even the first part of the spoiler that bothers me.

Spoiler:
    If we factor in how Jou has been so secretive in regards to his backstory, and the fact he at some point changed his name from Jouichiro Saiba to Jouichiro Yukihira, having another son named after the former isn't out of the realm of possibility and it actually makes things all the more interesting

What outrages me is that 5-0. Jou is Soma's endgoal, and suddenly a relative of his wins against his dad flawless. This better have some good explanation.
    Spoiler:
    Most likely it will be Jouichiro let him won...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Unlimited Blade soma was the most memorable foodgasm in a while, but that is still bellow the level of 「Shrimp Ramen」an spice duel monsters.
    It's kind of a big shame because while he did have a lot of risque reactions, there were some really great foodgasms, the pinnacle of which was of course the shrimp stand battle

Autumn Elections were a lot of fun because of how fun the story got with its reactions but especially with the regiment, the reactions have been incredibly lazy, with the final payoff for the final bout being a mass bestowing. Azami doesn't even have any final words before he walks off to probably become a good guy or something in the next arc after we conveniently ignored the child abuse part of Erina's life. Just reacts with a mass bestowing and fucks off into the sunset

I'm convinced he'll be back with a mustache

But we'll always have the four cheese pizza from that arc at least

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information