+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 501 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Right. I said until after Enies Lobby. Also, Boss Luffy is technically a special episode or two or three. We don't even know if they'll dub them. They were so randomly placed too...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

MasterKing, the two that were answered on the list were:

The memories don't make it a dragon, but I have no idea why it thought they would.
    The Straw Hats had 'good' memories. Surely, their memories were more lively and eventful than the townsfolk. The seahorse, when talking through the boy, seemed very excited about their memories.
    I really see no reason for them not to dub them, seeing as they're part of the actual episode count.

And sorry about the Enies Lobby mix up. Usually when people say after EL they mean Thriller Bark/ Ice Hunter.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

The memories don't make it a dragon, but I have no idea why it thought they would.
    The Straw Hats had 'good' memories. Surely, their memories were more lively and eventful than the townsfolk. The seahorse, when talking through the boy, seemed very excited about their memories.
    Haha, that still sounds very silly to me.
    I think I would have enjoyed it a little bit more if the seahorse wanted to be the Pirate King or something like that. At least that would have made some sense.

But, whatever. It's done and over with, and I'll never have to watch it again.

Oh, it is all so very silly. I struggled to watch it three times.

It'll be weird to see the specials pop up right in the middle of actual episodes. Doesn't funi usually skip specials in the simulcast when they come up? Wouldn't they do the same here? I don't know.

Oh, it is all so very silly. I struggled to watch it three times.

It'll be weird to see the specials pop up right in the middle of actual episodes. Doesn't funi usually skip specials in the simulcast when they come up? Wouldn't they do the same here? I don't know.
    Well the only ones they've skipped are the Toriko ones, which were probably due to licensing issues, and I expect those to get dubbed now with them licensing Toriko.

AP Discord

Right. I said until after Enies Lobby. Also, Boss Luffy is technically a special episode or two or three. We don't even know if they'll dub them. They were so randomly placed too...

So the seahorse is a glutton for childhood trauma?

He would have a field day in the Evangelion universe!
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Well the only ones they've skipped are the Toriko ones, which were probably due to licensing issues, and I expect those to get dubbed now with them licensing Toriko.
    I don't think so. FUNi skipped the first episode of Toriko on the simulcast (which was the first crossover with OP) and labeled the following episode as "Episode 1". They've said nothing to indicate this won't be the case on the DVDs as well.

They're either:
    1) Dub the special episodes as normal episodes.
    2) Not dub them, skipping the numbers to which they each belong.
    3) Not dub them, messing with the numbering.

I just hope they don't do option 3 like they did for Toriko.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    I don't think so. FUNi skipped the first episode of Toriko on the simulcast (which was the first crossover with OP) and labeled the following episode as "Episode 1". They've said nothing to indicate this won't be the case on the DVDs as well.
    I can understand that happening on the simulcast, but hopefully they're able to work out the DVDs having consistent episode numbering. (For both series)

AP Discord

I'll buy a Toriko DVD if it has One Piece on it.

Thinking about it now, putting the special on the Toriko DVD now would require them to have already found a voice actor for Brook, which I doubt they had when recording Toriko.

AP Discord

They've got to find one soon for the film anyways.

Am I the only one checking rightstuf every ten minutes on my phone?

They've got to find one soon for the film anyways.

Am I the only one checking rightstuf every ten minutes on my phone?

Whoa now that is majorly obsessive! I cant blame you though I've been checking it frequently myself

Well, maybe not every ten minutes... Haha.

It took a while but I finally have S4 V2. Really enjoying it (at the end of Disc 1 right now). As meh as the Ocean's Dream arc is, I still enjoy the funny moments :)

Support One Piece in the UK! Buy One Piece on DVD from Manga Entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by superneku View Post
    It took a while but I finally have S4 V2. Really enjoying it (at the end of Disc 1 right now). As meh as the Ocean's Dream arc is, I still enjoy the funny moments :)
    It's entertaining the first time around. I meant to say that before. It just doesn't hold up at all to multiple viewings.

It's entertaining the first time around. I meant to say that before. It just doesn't hold up at all to multiple viewings.
    Well not everyone is going to re-watch it 4 times in the span of a month!

:P just messing with ya.

Just out of interest Zephray how many times have you watched the set? Am I the only one here that watches something once and then puts it back on the shelf for months? I like to do this so that when i eventually re watch it it's as fresh as possible, and i forget certain bits so it's like watching it for the first time all over again. Do this with loads of my series including the OP manga. Last time i read water 7/enies lobby was the beginning of 2011.

Well, I watched two episodes of the set per week. So I'd just rewatch the old episodes throughout the week. Usually right before bed. Also, I watch it with my girlfriend and my friend. So that's two (or at least one) extra viewings right there. One Piece is a nice thing to go to sleep with.

Also, I multitask while watching.

God, I can't even tell you how many times I'm going to watch this coming set. You don't want to know.
    For me, only Tsubasa's Acid Tokyo Arc comes anywhere near Water 7 in terms of phenomenal arcs. And even that isn't all that close.
    I'd really recommend that series, but clamp's art style can be a bit messy. And the story gets convoluted, great as it may be.

God, I can't even tell you how many times I'm going to watch this coming set. You don't want to know.
    For me, only Tsubasa's Acid Tokyo Arc comes anywhere near Water 7 in terms of phenomenal arcs. And even that isn't all that close.
    I'd really recommend that series, but clamp's art style can be a bit messy. And the story gets convoluted, great as it may be.
    I can certainly understand that. I just finished Disc 2 & my face had a permanent smile as well as a pounding chest...One Piece gets me a little too excited sometimes :P

Support One Piece in the UK! Buy One Piece on DVD from Manga Entertainment!

Well, I watched two episodes of the set per week. So I'd just rewatch the old episodes throughout the week. Usually right before bed. Also, I watch it with my girlfriend and my friend. So that's two (or at least one) extra viewings right there. One Piece is a nice thing to go to sleep with.

Also, I multitask while watching.

Awesome and I sometimes watch one piece with my girlfriend, she seems to like it quite a bit. I really don't blame you for watching this set over and over, I may watch it as soon as i get it and then again on christmas eve or something. I am currently reading Tsubasa and it seems pretty cool so will defenitely have to keep going with it if you beleive it is in the same league as the mighty water 7.

Incidentally this is Stephanie Youngs latest facebook status( though i'm sure many of you may have seen it)

"Still a bit emotional after our One Piece session today. Robin is breaking my heart! We have a band gig tonight, but afterwards I need to curl up on the couch with a blanket, my guy, my puppy, and a cup of tea. Things are getting DEEP!"

Spoiler:
    Seems they may be up to the infamous "I want to live" part.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information