+ Reply to Thread
Page 427 of 501 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 477 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 10003

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by playercena5241 View Post
    LEAVE FRANKY ALONE. Me and theresa liked seeing him in Movie 9. the movie is not cannon DONT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY.
    Sorry, but I prefer Chopper's origin story in the manga and to a lesser extent in the anime over Movie 9. Like a said it just feels weird having Franky, Robin and even the Sunny on that adventure. I know I'm not suppose to take it seriously, but they make things even more confusing by showing characters from Alabasta in the credits, lol

What ever happened with that Double Talk episode that was focused on One Piece. Any good?

Ohhhhh, the Collection sets are coming out faster and faster, 300-324 comes out the same month as Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    What ever happened with that Double Talk episode that was focused on One Piece. Any good?
    I don't know? :(

It looks like hulu realign the one piece episodes for Season 7 and up. Even through we already know that Season 7 is going to 385 - 456. We got what could be the way the seasons could go for Season 8 - 11. Here is the hulu episode guide what could be Season 8 - 11.

Season 8: 457 - 516 (Marineford and Post War)
    Season 9: 517 - 574 (Return to Sabaody and Fishman Island)
    Season 10: 575 - 628 (Z Ambitions, Punk Hazard, and Breed)
    Season 11: 629 - current (Dressrosa)

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    It looks like hulu realign the one piece episodes for Season 7 and up. Even through we already know that Season 7 is going to 385 - 456. We got what could be the way the seasons could go for Season 8 - 11. Here is the hulu episode guide what could be Season 8 - 11.

Season 8: 457 - 516 (Marineford and Post War)
    Season 9: 517 - 574 (Return to Sabaody and Fishman Island)
    Season 10: 575 - 628 (Z Ambitions, Punk Hazard, and Breed)
    Season 11: 629 - current (Dressrosa)
    Is this a guesstimate on Hulu's part or could Funi have gave them a head ups

We'll most likely never know until FUNi officially announces those following seasons themselves, though at this point it's very hard for me to believe FUNimation would deviate from this at all, it seems about right.

I exist...I guess....

Hulu's guide is probably just an estimate, but I assume this will probably be how the seasons might ultimately look.

Why do people buy the voyage dvds? Isn't waiting/buying the collection dvds a cheaper alternative? I'm quite curious. Do the voyage dvds offer something the collection dvds dont? Is it a matter of just being impatient and wanting to get your hands on OP dvds asap?

Voyages are what keeps the dub going.

If no one bought the voyages, there wouldn't be any collections. It wouldn't be sufficient enough to support the costs of producing a dub with only a 24 episode box set.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Voyages are what keeps the dub going.

If no one bought the voyages, there wouldn't be any collections. It wouldn't be sufficient enough to support the costs of producing a dub with only a 24 episode box set.
    Ah that makes sense. Thanks.

Basically what JC said, although I haven't bought Voyages since Skypiea and just stick to buying Collections because they're cheaper+take up less room on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspirator View Post
    Why do people buy the voyage dvds? Isn't waiting/buying the collection dvds a cheaper alternative? I'm quite curious. Do the voyage dvds offer something the collection dvds dont? Is it a matter of just being impatient and wanting to get your hands on OP dvds asap?
    I don't think impatient is quite the right word either. The voyages just finished thriller bark. For someone to begin just watching the collections at this point, they'd have to wait roughly a year for the collections to catch up and pass thriller bark. And I'm not sure it's fair to call someone who doesn't want to wait a whole year for new content "impatient."

But yes, buying the voyages is the best way to support the series and help them continue to make it.

I don't think impatient is quite the right word either. The voyages just finished thriller bark. For someone to begin just watching the collections at this point, they'd have to wait roughly a year for the collections to catch up and pass thriller bark. And I'm not sure it's fair to call someone who doesn't want to wait a whole year for new content "impatient."

But yes, buying the voyages is the best way to support the series and help them continue to make it.
    That's why i'm still buying the voyages and i will be having 20 more book shelves in the next 10 years.
    (probably more if Fairy tail is continuing)

But i don't mind
    Nice cover art for season 7 voyage 1.
    Oerah for the lady without legs!

I exist...I guess....

https://twitter.com/joshkocurek/stat...23910820859904

Nothing definitive, but perhaps there might be something on this week's podcast with Josh Kocurek...

Sounds pretty definitive to me.

...or, you know, not.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

3D boxart; Law on spine.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...m/105457/4/0/0

I exist...I guess....

Josh briefly mentions that they will probably make announcements for casting within the next month. It sounds like they are doing something similar to when they announced Brook, where they have a couple clips to commemorate the announcement as opposed to just a blog post listing the actors.

Also he mentions that they're still actively pursuing the movies and goes into a bit of detail about that.

Do you have a time stamp by chance?

I exist...I guess....

Do you have a time stamp by chance?
    http://onepiecepodcast.com/2015/04/2...-to-the-ounce/

These are pretty rough estimates, but I'd say they're relatively close:

1.32.30-1.34.00: Josh mentions updates to the official One Piece site might come with some interesting content.

1.45.10-1.49.00: Josh discusses where they currently are with trying to license past movies and some of the complications that have arisen.

2.04.40-2.05.40: Josh talks about future casting announcements.

There are a couple other points where he talks about funimation-related One Piece content, but none of it seemed particularly noteworthy (some of the questions from twitter he was asked seemed to have pretty obvious answers) so I didn't keep track of them

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information