+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 501 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

This was my first time watching the Ocean's Dream filler arc and, sweet Jesus, it was terrible.
    I think I can easily say that this and Little East Blue are the worst filler arcs in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    This was my first time watching the Ocean's Dream filler arc and, sweet Jesus, it was terrible.
    Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

It wasn't that bad. I rather enjoyed it.

Updated the image, it includes S4V3 now.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

We should be getting confirmations of shippings soon (in the next week) but I assume some will be delayed due to the holidays.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

I was thinking about that too. I'm guessing we'll get it next week. I have a busy weekend, so I certainly won't mind it not coming this week.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Updated the image, it includes S4V3 now.
    For some reason, it isn't showing up on the first page. Shoot me a new link, I guess?

The image is updated for me.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

Ah. Must be my web page history/cookies/cache thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    It wasn't that bad. I rather enjoyed it.
    It was enjoyable up until the last two episodes. Those last two episodes, for me at least, left a bad taste in my mouth.

I like the Ocean's Dream Filler if not for a number of OOC moments/screenshots I fondly remember from the older days on the forums. XD Plus, this scene not only has a couple, but Zoro's forced smile is just...XD.

Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    It was enjoyable up until the last two episodes. Those last two episodes, for me at least, left a bad taste in my mouth.
    I can give you that. The whole inflating seahorse thing was a little jarring. But I can't really think of how else they may have ended that with the way it was set up.

There were a few moments. Moments don't make a good arc, though. I've watched all of these season four episodes at least four times except those.

Guess I'm just easy to please in terms of OP. Hell, I can probably tolerate watching the Little East Blue Arc again if I had to. XD Though, I still haven't seen S4V2 yet, but the dub made me enjoy the Apis Arc a whole lot, so I think the dub will do the same for me with the Ocean's Dream Arc. ^^
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

We'll see how this Z's Ambition Arc turns out. Hopefully it'll give them enough time to pace Punk Hazard decently.

Luckily, we don't get any more filler until after Enies Lobbies- about 100 episodes from now. (unless you count the five flashback episodes)

I didn't really hate any of the filler arcs besides the scorching done arc after Enies Lobbies. I'm not sure I ever wan to see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    We'll see how this Z's Ambition Arc turns out. Hopefully it'll give them enough time to pace Punk Hazard decently.

Luckily, we don't get any more filler until after Enies Lobbies- about 100 episodes from now. (unless you count the five flashback episodes)
    Meant to say this for a while but couldn't help but notice you consistently refer to Enies Lobby as Enies Lobbies. Force of habit?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post

Don't forget the Post-Enies Lobby filler and Boss Luffy stuff.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Woops. You know, I always do that. I don't know why. Were their any scanlations that called it that back in the day? Also, I tend to call 'Sonny' 'Sunny'.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    I can give you that. The whole inflating seahorse thing was a little jarring. But I can't really think of how else they may have ended that with the way it was set up.
    They could have re-written it a lot better than how it turned out. It just seemed like the ending was rushed.
    Plus, there was all the questions that weren't answered.

Spoiler:
    How can the seahorse steal people's memories in the first place? (Does it have a devil fruit? Is it some kind of mystical creature?)

Why does it want to become a Millennium Dragon?

How exactly does stealing memories make it a Millennium Dragon?

Why were the Straw Hats' memories so important? Weren't the memories of the villagers enough?

I don't really want to make a big deal out of it, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    Don't forget the Post-Enies Lobby filler and Boss Luffy stuff.
    Right. I said until after Enies Lobby. Also, Boss Luffy is technically a special episode or two or three. We don't even know if they'll dub them. They were so randomly placed too...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

MasterKing, the two that were answered on the list were:

The memories don't make it a dragon, but I have no idea why it thought they would.
    The Straw Hats had 'good' memories. Surely, their memories were more lively and eventful than the townsfolk. The seahorse, when talking through the boy, seemed very excited about their memories.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information