+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 501 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,200 of 10003

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Well, damn, that's sucks. If anything, I really wanted TB before any kind of break. For some reason, I just don't feel as excited for Shabaody so a break before that would've been ideal for me. XD But meh, I guess I'll just catch up w/ EL for the meantime. Just need the 4th set and I'll be done. Just wish Best Buy would've stocked them all rather than break them up in the middle of the season. ><
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Michelle Lee told me it'll come out this year at least. But yeah, the date was definitely pushed back.

Well, if Season 6 Voyage 1 has been pushed back, I wonder when we'll get word of it's official release then. I mean, I've still waiting on word from Funi when they're gonna finally give a release date for Eva 3.33...unless they did address that at the panel (if so, could anyone enlighten me?).
    Youtube Channel:

Eva never got mentioned.

Oh boo~. Oh well, thanks for the quick response, Maron. Guess I'll just focus on finishing S5 of OP for the meantime. At this point, I ended up getting the first 2 parts (when available at Best Buy), then the last 2 parts (at Best Buy)...so now all that's left for me is getting all the fighting parts via Amazon. XD
    Youtube Channel:

No problem. Had fun meeting the OPP crew at least! I've still only seen the first episode of this latest Voyage. I'm thinking I'll either do Zephray's thing of 2 episodes a week, or bring it down to 1. Or I might breeze through this set and then start off at Episode 1 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    Michelle Lee told me it'll come out this year at least. But yeah, the date was definitely pushed back.
    Well, shit. This year at least doesn't sound good. That could mean late this year.

Looks like I'll be rationing one episode a week starting in a week or two. Haven't started Ice Hunter.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Well, that's unfortunate.

Let's hope the release date is somewhere in Q3.

This could be for the best and their trying to get dubbed openings again...a man can dream can't he?
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

It would be worth the wait for dubbed openings, but I think this is just insurance for Colleen's maternal leave.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Like I said, if this is delayed because of Colleen, that's fine... and if this is delayed because they're making an effort regaining dubbed openings, that's also fine...
    If this is delayed because Toei's being a bitch, well that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortenium View Post
    Like I said, if this is delayed because of Colleen, that's fine... and if this is delayed because they're making an effort regaining dubbed openings, that's also fine...
    If this is delayed because Toei's being a bitch, well that's another story.
    What would Toei Animation be bitching about anyway?

Either way it's completely possible that those two speculative reasons have nothing to do with it and it's just another typical FUNimation delay. They delay stuff all time.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    What would Toei Animation be bitching about anyway?

Either way it's completely possible that those two speculative reasons have nothing to do with it and it's just another typical FUNimation delay. They delay stuff all time.
    Usually not for this long, though. Typical delays are two-four weeks.

Well, Manga's movie 1-10 announcement is bizarre. A while ago Manga mentioned the possibility of releasing Naruto: Road To Ninja sub-only, so I guess this is where that plan ended up.
    I'm actually very curious about how Manga's going to handle these releases. Will Movie 8 be BD being as it was released by FUNimation? Will movies 1-3 be cheaper or bundled as they're less than an hour long? Will the sub-only DVDs be cheaper than the dual language ones? Will the Jango/sports shorts be included? Will these end up in HMV being sub-only? Will the translations be weird like Naruto Unleashed series 1 was?

It's a shame that we couldn't get a more concrete release date for Season 6 even though we know that it's been pushed back. I'm fine with waiting but it would just be nice to know how long that wait would be.

At the very least we'll most likely be getting more collections soon in order to compensate. A while ago people here were guessing what the cover of each new collection would be so I figure that I might as well throw in my two cents:

Collection 10: Franky
    Collection 11: Sogeking
    Collection 12: Lucci/Spandam
    Collection 13: The Straw Hats + The Thousand Sunny
    Collection 14 (once Season 6 starts): Brook

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    No problem. Had fun meeting the OPP crew at least! I've still only seen the first episode of this latest Voyage. I'm thinking I'll either do Zephray's thing of 2 episodes a week, or bring it down to 1. Or I might breeze through this set and then start off at Episode 1 again!
    It was cool meeting you as well!
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

So it's absolutely confirmed that season 6 is being delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffy View Post
    I assume FUNimation's plans, once announced, will be pretty much the same (related to Movies 1-7 and 9). It'd be nice to have them all dubbed but if subbed is the only way we can get them, I'm fine with that too.

Having One Piece movies > not having them
    I'd import them from the UK depending on whether or not we hear anything about a domestic release. Though manga UK usually works with other dubbing companies, so perhaps FUNi will release the same details shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Weird news. I don't really care about subtitled discs. I can download subtitled stuff. Hoping there's a better announcement later today at Anime Boston.
    I can't blame you for feeling that way. But personally I'd consider buying one or two of the better movies just to support the industry. Unless they're releasing them all in one set which could be very possible. Me personally I buy subtitled disks all the time if they're a series I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    So it's absolutely confirmed that season 6 is being delayed?

Yes, a FUNi rep apparently said that it's been delayed, but will still come out sometime this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    It would be worth the wait for dubbed openings, but I think this is just insurance for Colleen's maternal leave.
    I just don't see that being the case, on the podcast it didn't even sound like Colleen knew how her pregnancy would affect recording besides having to take a break for a few weeks.
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

If she has to take a break for a few weeks, then they fall behind schedule by a few weeks. Guess they want to continue their being so far ahead of us. With the break, it ensures that she has as much time as she needs.

Just ordered Collection 9 and the latest Season 5 Voyage and volume 70. I need a bigger shelf. Or maybe start rotating volumes in and out of storage. OR buy a bigger house with a man cave for all my crap. OR have a big ole garage sale. :( First World Problems right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information