+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 501 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 351 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 10003

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

They announced digital rights for episodes they already had (1-229), but only for their EVS members. Funimation's site is down right now, but I have an EVS account there so I will check out a couple episodes later when it is back up to let you guys know how the quality is. If they want to focus on digital rights as well, hopefully they continue the strategy of going after digital rights for episodes they already had.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    FUNimation almost always releases their anime quite a while after they announce them, it's nothing new.
    Still not particularly good for generating hype though... Spend too much time between the initial announcement and the actual release, and people might just lose interest before you get around to actually providing them with anything. If they really need so much time to work things out... Maybe they just ought to keep the fact that they've GOT more stuff to announce under wrappings until they're closer to having an actual releasable product.

...Which come to think of it, I suppose it is possible is what they are doing with season 6 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    As the OPP guys implied, the accent makes him so villainous. With a normal voice, he wouldn't have been as great a villain.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Why can't we blame FUNi for plain white disc art? They need a more creative art department.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Was this the announcement they were talking about? Check their Facebook. This also means the deal is complete, and they have more episodes. I wonder if the deal is just for season six.
    It's nothing new is what I meant. We can complain about the OP DVDs having bland disc art (Movie 8 notwithstanding), but that ain't gonna make them start doing anything much different from what they're currently doing. Funimation has a lot of series to work w/ and this includes sub-only releases (which are new to them...so that adds even more), so you can't expect all their series to have extravagant disc art. It's the content that matters, not the disc art...and this is coming from someone who really likes presentable disc art (as I have my anime collection in DVD wallets, so yeah, having nice art on the disc makes it more aesthetically pleasing). I do feel SW, being a movie, should've gotten better disc art (though I still haven't seen how it looks), but so should other movies Funi has released (like EVA and Summer Wars). Imo, Funi doesn't need a more creative art dept., they should just put the freaking cover of a movie on the disc too, but that's just me. But OP is a very long running show, so they probably can't be bothered to change the art up too often (for the series anyway)...would be really nice to change the Merry disc art soon though. But the disc art thing seems to be a trend from what I've seen. When I bought the Soul Eater BD sets (Meister and Weapon Collections), the discs had characters on each disc. However, the "complete collection" had all 6 discs w/ a very colorful, but very plain, single color background w/ the Soul Eater title and disc number reflectively engrained. Probably just a money saving move too, but I haven't seen how all of Funimation's releases and re-releases differ.
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    Still not particularly good for generating hype though... Spend too much time between the initial announcement and the actual release, and people might just lose interest before you get around to actually providing them with anything. If they really need so much time to work things out... Maybe they just ought to keep the fact that they've GOT more stuff to announce under wrappings until they're closer to having an actual releasable product.

...Which come to think of it, I suppose it is possible is what they are doing with season 6 right now.
    Yeah but that strategy has actually been working pretty well for them years now. so the concern of people losing interest isn't really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Yeah but that strategy has actually been working pretty well for them years now. so the concern of people losing interest isn't really an issue.
    How do you know this? Have you compared sales of two items with equal initial interest, then saw what the differences in sales were if one was released significantly later than the other. My point: this is conjecture, not as definitive as you imply here.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    How do you know this? Have you compared sales of two items with equal initial interest, then saw what the differences in sales were if one was released significantly later than the other. My point: this is conjecture, not as definitive as you imply here.
    It's not a matter of individual sales, it's just completely obvious to me as someone who's been following the company for years. they've doing it from pretty much the very beginning when they branched off from DBZ into other anime, with almost everything they release.

I checked out a couple of the Davy Back episodes. The quality looks great in HD from what I checked out.

Voyage four shipped. Due in Thursday. Can't believe it's a nine episode fight. Jeez.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Stowaway

I'm excited, from what I heard Luffy vs. Lucci is one of the best fights in One Piece. Can't wait.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

I can understand the disappointment in the lack of movie commentary, but I can't say I was surprised to find out there wasn't one. Have there been any other FUNi feature length properties with a commentary track? Also, I don't think you should feel like we've been gipped in the extras department. We live in a crazy time where the voyage sets have not one but two commentary tracks, as well two cast interviews per set. Doing a movie commentary definitely takes up a lot of time in both recording and editing it for release. I don't mind that the valuable time be put towards future episodes.

For those discussing the length of time between FUNi's announcements and releases, keep in mind that sometimes the series have already been worked on before they are announced, while others are a recent acquisition. I'm sure FUNi wants to beat the internet to the punch before the story leaks.

My shipment of Voyage Four has also been confirmed. Woot!

Voyage 4 gets here tomorrow. So much One Piece the past few weeks. I love it.

So, I got my set but I'm really busy so I don't have time to rip and upload. Sorry, guys!

The disc art is the same art of Merry burning on the cover! Hahaha.

But I did check out the set briefly. The Dear Friends insert song is kept, but some of the acting during Merry''s viking funeral seemed kinda lackluster... I guess it's because I rewatched the original scene so many times for over six years that I'm just so accustomed to how that was. *shrug* It was also noticeable that they reused the recordings back from 2007 in the Knock Up Stream part (not complaining, just an observation). I really liked Luffy's crying, though.

Usopp yelling at Luffy and Lucci is also really, really good. Luffy's "I'LL WIN NO MATTER WHAT!!!" that follows is just fantastic, too!

I'll give my thoughts on Jet Gatling once it gets to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    So, I got my set but I'm really busy so I don't have time to rip and upload. Sorry, guys!

But I did check out the set briefly. The Dear Friends insert song is kept, but some of the acting during Merry''s viking funeral seemed kinda lackluster... I guess it's because I rewatched the original scene so many times for over six years that I'm just so accustomed to how that was. *shrug* It was also noticeable that they reused the recordings back from 2007 in the Knock Up Stream part (not complaining, just an observation). I really liked Luffy's crying, though.

Usopp yelling at Luffy and Lucci is also really, really good. Luffy's "I'LL WIN NO MATTER WHAT!!!" that follows is just fantastic, too!

I'll give my thoughts on Jet Gatling once it gets to that.
    could you explain what you mean by lackluster was it not enough emotion in their performances or was it just different than you were expecting it to be

I guess some lines just seemed kinda stale? It was good, don't get me wrong; I'm just too used to the Japanese performance for that particular scene.

Jet Gatling was freaking fantastic, by the way.

I guess some lines just seemed kinda stale? It was good, don't get me wrong; I'm just too used to the Japanese performance for that particular scene.

Jet Gatling was freaking fantastic, by the way.
    oh ok I see was kind of worried they didn't do the scene justice but that's reassuring

Holy shit. That's awesome. I so take back what I said about them probably being too lazy to change the disc art for the new voyage. That's so cool. Can't wait to see it / hide it from my girlfriend while we watch it.

Glad to hear they did change the disc art, it would have been awkward to have it the same as the previous seasons. Strong World is really amazing, I can't wait to see Funi dub more One Piece! Especially Movie 6, I can only imagine how awesome that would be!!

Looking forward to seeing the burning Merry on the sic even more than seeing Sunny on it, actually.

Do you guys think Sunny will be on the disc for Voyage 5?

[QUOTE=Mikey D. Luffy;3069876]So, I got my set but I'm really busy so I don't have time to rip and upload. Sorry, guys!

The disc art is the same art of Merry burning on the cover! Hahaha./QUOTE]Very nice touch on whoever does the disc art's part. So Thousand Sunny on discs from here on out?
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

All I'm reading is very good to see... glad "Dear Friends" was kept and I assumed there wouldn't be a dub for it honestly.

Did you see the last "clutch", Mikey? GOD, that scene...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information