+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 501 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion III (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Around 2016. Maybe 2015 if we're lucky.

Gosh, I reread W7 last year, but I haven't seen the anime version since it came out. I don't even think I completed it when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    And when did I imply that we did have blu-ray? And how is HD, or high definition, in this modern 21st century age, not also answering the 480p question?
    I never said you implied Blu-Ray, but the HD isn't that relevant when it's DVD and he was talking about Blu-Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Uh yeah,but im assuming all of us here have seen it subbed. I want to see how funi's actor's handle the material.
    Ooh ooh! I haven't seen it subbed at all! I was waiting for it to get dubbed to actually watch it for the first time! I've read it though.

The other day I finally received my copies of Collections 6, 7 and 8 + Season 4 Voyage 1... Combined with Voyage 2 that I got a few weeks back, that's 98 episodes to add to my collection, yay! (Though I skipped the post-Alabasta fillers entirely while watching it.)
    And I must say, seeing how I had only gotten the Voyages before this and this was the first time I saw what the Collections were packaged like... I like it. Compact without having the far too common problem of having two discs placed on top of each other. Though, the slipcover strikes me as even more pointless than usual and all three collections had some damage on the case, though thankfully nothing that prevents me from closing them properly.
    Also Collection 6 came with an advertisement for Season 4 which told us to "Keep a lookout for a new crew member, Franky!" ...Excuse me, but wasn't Franky portrayed as an antagonist at the start of W7? So yeah, I'm sure new fans really appreciate the spoiler, FUNi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Ooh ooh! I haven't seen it subbed at all! I was waiting for it to get dubbed to actually watch it for the first time! I've read it though.
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I usually am, but I think i did watch part of this arc when It came out. I don't rember it though. So close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    The other day I finally received my copies of Collections 6, 7 and 8 + Season 4 Voyage 1... Combined with Voyage 2 that I got a few weeks back, that's 98 episodes to add to my collection, yay! (Though I skipped the post-Alabasta fillers entirely while watching it.)
    And I must say, seeing how I had only gotten the Voyages before this and this was the first time I saw what the Collections were packaged like... I like it. Compact without having the far too common problem of having two discs placed on top of each other. Though, the slipcover strikes me as even more pointless than usual and all three collections had some damage on the case, though thankfully nothing that prevents me from closing them properly.
    Also Collection 6 came with an advertisement for Season 4 which told us to "Keep a lookout for a new crew member, Franky!" ...Excuse me, but wasn't Franky portrayed as an antagonist at the start of W7? So yeah, I'm sure new fans really appreciate the spoiler, FUNi.
    Unfortunately, anyone who has looked up One Piece on the Internet before has already been spoiled. I doubt they spoiled it for anyone.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm guessing we'll get this set around the 30th. Any other guesses? Closest person gets free satisfaction.
    Last edited by Zephray; November 16th, 2012 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Well just so you know,you are in for a wild ride. :D

In a way I kind of envy you in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Well just so you know,you are in for a wild ride. :D

In a way I kind of envy you in that aspect.
    He said he's read it. Won't be that wild.

I myself have only seen bits and pieces of Water 7 via subs and was actually starting to watch a couple full episodes, since I was unsure that we would even get any more dubbed episodes. But that was before we got the Season 4 announcement, during the dark ages (boy am I glad those days are over)!

On an unrelated note, I was reading the final pages of DVD discussion II and I read that someone didn't want to buy the DVDs because they wanted Blu-Rays. I just want to reiterate that that this is a foolish decision because (a) we probably won't get one since Japan hasn't gotten it and (b) the episodes currently being released weren't even made in that caliber of HD and it wouldn't make any difference anyway. I bought the BR of movie 8 (because I wanted dubbed Compass) and even though that was made in high HD, I really didn't notice any difference in quality between it and my OP DVD's.

It's one thing if you didn't have the money to buy the voyages now (I sure didn't when I went though High School, but luckily I've got some cash now and have caught up through the Collection release) but if you do and are just stalling for a BR release... you're not doing dubbed One Piece a favor. We can't slack now, not after all we OP fans have been through, just saying.

You should quote the guy. It's a stupid decision. I seriously doubt we'll ever get a blu ray rerelease.

And One Piece is more than worth 20$ every other month. Even in high school, I never had the problem of not being able to pay 20-40$ every two months.

Edit: I will, however, disagree with you on one point: Bluray looks noticeably better. The movie 8 BD is no exception to that.
    Last edited by Zephray; November 16th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Sadly, the "waiters" are always gonna be around. We can't really do much about it other than tell them that waiting can only do more harm to OP considering it's length and price for Funimation. If $20-30 voyages isn't cheap enough, then that's really it, there is no real excuse to intentionally not buy the Voyages (unless someone is really hardcore OCD about having "Collections"). It all boils down to what you're willing to pay for. For example, there's no way I can (maybe even would) pay for the Fate/Zero box sets at over $300 a set, but I'd be a little more willing to buy the Bakemonogatari set for $150 (considering it's around the same amount of eps. in one set of Fate/Zero). Sorry for going a little off-topic on that, but hey, all of us who have been supporting the Voyages (thankfully) have been enough to show Funimation that we, the fans, want to keep this show in America.
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Man, people are crazy. I remember when I had to pay 20$ for four freaking episodes. People don't know how good they have it. Plus, other tv shows charge 50$ for season sets with similar runtime.

Not true. Revenge (and other ABC Shows), Archer (and other FX shows), are usually around $20 - 40 for season boxset of episdoes, if you seen them at stores. Its mostly CBS shows and HBO Shows that are $50 and up. Trust I know this, since I collect Archer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Man, people are crazy. I remember when I had to pay 20$ for four freaking episodes. People don't know how good they have it. Plus, other tv shows charge 50$ for season sets with similar runtime.
    Yep. Pani Poni Dash was the last anime I ever bought in singles at $20 a pop. Man, I can't even imagine how OP would've been if it had single releases like Naruto Shippuden or Bleach. That would just be maddening. XD
    Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/devilkicksanji2

Creator of: Green Green Abridged and DearS Abridged
    Writer and Co-Creator of: Angel Beats! Insanity

Man, we are already at part 3. I still remember posting in part 1

Here's hoping we get another 500 pages in this thread and the DVD's keep doing well!
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

All seasons used to be 50$. You're right. Many have changed. But I still think they're between 30 and 50. HBO shows are usually between 50 and 60. I still collect Fringe. Used to collect a lot more tv shows, but we've hit a bit of a rough patch for quality tv shows. And I don't pay attention to DVD price anymore, to be fair. Only blu rays.
    Last edited by Zephray; November 16th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

The only HBO show that below the $50 mark of the most recent shows is Eastbound and Down (Its great show I reccomend it.). Since I don't I have blu ray player, I have to stick good ole dvds. Sometimes, even I don't get why CBS and HBO have to be the most expenisves on their dvds (There a lot shows that I like from both companies, NCIS, True Blood, and Games of Thornes). I'm happy that a lot of the other companies (ABC,Fox, and some of the anime compaines) are having a lot of their series are slowly lowing the prices. I know a lot people of buying blu rays, but their still a lot more people are still buying dvds. Heck most of the time I can't tell the differnce between the quality of shows between the standred and HD verison. Trust me on this, since I watched the dvd verison of Wrestlemania 25 and I also saw the HD verison of it on its orginal airing. And I couldn't tell the difference. And Most of time on other shows I couldn't tell the differnce as well.

Anyway back to One Piece, I can't wait for this weekend streaming of the first two episodes of Season 4, Part 4 on One Piece Official. I still can't believe that we made it to these episodes finally.

Hey, guys.
    FUNi's conducting a survey.
    Not necessarily One Piece-related but, it wouldn't hurt to sound-off.

Here's the link if anyone's interested: https://s.zoomerang.com/s/funimationfallsurvey

*inhales deeply* Ahhhh, that new thread smell.

Took the survey. :)
    We got One Piece on Toonami! Now help it get the best ratings by getting it trending on Twitter when it is on.

After getting to where we are now, there might be some truth to this video from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eKsDPt7g5jw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information