+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 323 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 6450

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Yeah there's nothing in this chapter that is a prophecy about a hero destroying villains if anything it points to
    Spoiler:
    monsterfication is a process to create a worthy sacrifice to materialize on earth what Homeless Emperor called "God".

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    So we went from a manga that made fun of villains following prophecies of destruction (Boros arc) to the hero being prophetized to destroy villains. Not cool.
    Nope. We went from that ... to the hero that doesn't know he's a hero but thinks he's scolding an annoying neighbor ... (to a manga that makes fun of heroes).

What is that cockroach doing to that lady?

Hmm

Webcomic spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Looks like it's the "God" who gave homeless emperor his powers
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

I think its obvious Orochi is supposed to be the sacrifice to whatever being that is. Possibly "God" figure we keep hearing about.

Orochi's just lucky this happened before Godzilla came back and found some random dude crashing in his house.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Not that I'm ungrateful or anything, those redraws are a real treat no matter what they depict (I'm not a webcomic purist), but I did wonder if Murata has too much time on his hands.
    At least I thought so until the end of the chapter.

Spoiler:
    Because yeah, it's obviously some more meat on the bones for the God of Homeless Emperor, the logical next big thing for the arc after next - maybe even the super threat of the prophecy. So why not flesh out Orochi in such a beneficial and funny episode? It's not like anything was sacrificed, unlike the Phoenix man encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Spoiler:
    Because yeah, it's obviously some more meat on the bones for the God of Homeless Emperor, the logical next big thing for the arc after next - maybe even the super threat of the prophecy. So why not flesh out Orochi in such a beneficial and funny episode? It's not like anything was sacrificed, unlike the Phoenix man encounter.
    Spoiler:

Orochi was a side character from the start anyways. And we knew how it ended the first time so hyping him up again wouldn't be that good.

I am a bit confused about Gods portrayal here. Its implied that he might get resurrected only now due to orochis death. Hope its not a resurrection ritual but some sort of power upping one.
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

so is Japan releasing tankōbon with the updated redrawn chapters or they just not dealing with those chapters right now?

Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Soooo....
    Spoiler:
    This would certainly explain how Sweet Mask would return.

I much preferred the previous version of Saitama vs Orochi... this one is meh... it replaced a cool conversation between them, plus three or four pages to give a shallow quick background to Orochi (who cares?) just to show god or whatever it is at the end (basically a weird spoiler that makes no sense, why do we need that?)... and it tried too hard to be funny, ended up being just dumb. OPM humor should be a bit more smart in my opinion. Even Saitama didn't feel like usual Saitama in this redraw. Not to mention the time wasted to do a redraw of a chapter that was perfectly ok even before. Vote: 5/10

Man this is sure going slow
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

People complaining of the redraws in 5...4...
    https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/3269754496462105179

Whip hogtie, oh my.
    No complaints this time.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

No complaints either. It's been long enough since the original Murata chapter that I don't remember every detail anyway and the redraw manages to entertain

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

The thread name should change to "Onepunch-Man (reredrawn version)".
    Wash your hands.

Last redrawn of the batch:
    https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/IYxg3zQ/1/1/

3 months without a new chapter (and the latest ones weren't that good IMO)... let's hope Murata goes back to the real stuff soon...

He and his assistants made this animation as an apology for the volume redraws delaying the new content.
    https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status...011225601?s=20

I stopped reading the redrawn versions I just like the original so much better, except for the art, which is really weird because One writes both of them

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information