+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 323 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6445

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandorle21 View Post
    Wait, is Golden S only 10k? Wasn't it like millions or something?
    9 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand are now fused into Golden Sperm, the rest (10k) is occupied with Genos, Tornado and keeping Führer Ugly in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    9 trillion 999 billion 999 million 999 thousand are now fused into Golden Sperm, the rest (10k) is occupied with Genos, Tornado and keeping Führer Ugly in check.
    Oh yeah sorry, you wrote "BUT 10k", I misread that.

I'm still a bit disappointed by Golden S... no hype at all, he doesn't feel special, he should have been the last monster still alive, and have an epic (short) fight with Garou...

he should have been the last monster still alive, and have an epic (short) fight with Garou...
    What makes you think this won't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    What makes you think this won't happen?
    Possible webcomic spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Because he's not the last still alive/not defeated... (this could be webcomic spoiler, i'm not sure). He was supposed to appear at the end, when all the cadres are defeated, the last major threat before Garou, making us feel that he's something special, more than just another cadre, way stronger, a completely different level. He starts beating all the S class easily, including Tatsumaki, which by the way, here in the manga she's so weakened that even "normal" Black S seems stronger than her. Which means that we can't have the famous scene of her trying to tear off Golden S' head, at least not with the same impact, because by now we know she's not even remotely strong enough to do something like that. Golden S is not only important because he's freakin epic, but also because he needs to hype up Garou by getting easily defeated by him, someone who was wiping out S class heroes. Now, when Garou comes and defeats him, it will seem like a normal thing, because Golden S will feel like just another "normal" cadre, and we already know that Garou is stronger than a cadre.

What I'm trying to say is that right now Golden S doesn't seem something special. Homeless Emperor feats in this chapter feel way more impressive to be honest... His reveal came and went like nothing happened, too quick and without build up, I personally didn't feel anything, which is sad since I was expecting this moment for so long.

Maybe Murata and One can turn this around, but probably I was simply too hyped for him... I'll lower my expectations...

And btw, I HATE his design, he looks like a carbon copy of Darkshine, when instead he was supposed to be more lean and normal in size. Not to mention that he isn't serious and stoic like in the webcomic, he's not scary at all...
    Last edited by Mandorle21; July 28th, 2021 at 01:29 AM.

Because he's not the last still alive/not defeated... (this could be webcomic spoiler, i'm not sure). He was supposed to appear at the end, when all the cadres are defeated, the last major threat before Garou, making us feel that he's something special, more than just another cadre, way stronger, a completely different level. He starts beating all the S class easily, including Tatsumaki, which by the way, here in the manga she's so weakened that even "normal" Black S seems stronger than her. Which means that we can't have the famous scene of her trying to tear off Golden S' head, at least not with the same impact, because by now we know she's not even remotely strong enough to do something like that. Golden S is not only important because he's freakin epic, but also because he needs to hype up Garou by getting easily defeated by him, someone who was wiping out S class heroes. Now, when Garou comes and defeats him, it will seem like a normal thing, because Golden S will feel like just another "normal" cadre, and we already know that Garou is stronger than a cadre.

What I'm trying to say is that right now Golden S doesn't seem something special. His reveal came and went like nothing happened, too quick and without build up, I personally didn't feel anything, which is sad since I was expecting this moment for so long.

Maybe Murata and One can turn this around, but probably I was simply too hyped for him... I'll lower my expectations...
    Spoiler:
    I'm sure he will be the last cadre standing and have his scuffle with Garou

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm sure he will be the last cadre standing and have his scuffle with Garou
    Webcomic spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    So you didn't read (or understand) much of what I wrote... it's not about being the last standing and have a scuffle with Garou. It's about him appearing AFTER every cadre is defeated, and making him special, a level above everyone else, a surprise final boss, so when Garou defeats him, we will be hyped for him, because in our eyes he would have done something incredible, that no S class was even close to be able to do. Right now, the situation is completely different from that.
    Last edited by Mandorle21; July 28th, 2021 at 01:28 AM.

Late reply, but whatevs
    Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    Even having briefly read this part in the webcomic, I don't really get what would be so epic about Golden Sperm. I do love the collective mood swings and belligerence of the little guy(s), but I guess I must have missed a few critical parts.
    It has a lot to do with the changed nature of the arc in the redraw. Black Sperm was the undisputed MVP of the webcomic's arc, the strongest member of the monsters. He absolutely carried the arc whenever Garo wasn't around. It's not so much about Golden Sperm in a vacuum, it's about him being the pinnacle of such an already awesome character. Sperm just kept getting the best feats and moments and then he just kept topping himself, culminating in GS.
    In the redraw however, there are so many other awesome moments and monsters. not to mention the arc is a million times bigger here. Ugly was a nobody in the comic, but here he was great, totally stealing the show where Sperm did so in the comic. Orochi existing kinda dehypes BS and then there's his cool fight with Garou and massive bonkers insane fight with Tatsumaki and the others. And many, many other things in this giant hulking beast of an arc. BS and by extention goldie are now just one of countless delicious meals in this giant orgasmic feast.
    so basically, we're totally spoiled rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    And it got even worse after Darkshine noticed that there is someone even shinier than him anyway. The focus is clearly on the loss of shine, not the acid burning his skin.
    It seems to me the focus was on Darkshine being fodderized and completely outclassed in every single way by goldie. Not only is his skin unaffected by the acid that's wrecking shine's hitherto impenetrable skin, not only is he more jacked than shine, but even his skin is shiner. I take the 'meager damage' thing as trash talk, "what, are you crying about this worthless, low damage attack that doesn't even affect me?". Darkshine says his muscles and skin are melting the page before that. Surface damage is still damage.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I think there are some manga only people here, so I think you should spoiler tag that stuff mando. I agree GS is too bulky, and I wish he came later with more fanfare. But he can still feel special. I'm not worried yet. Maybe his true time to shine, time devoted exclusively to him instead of other baddies will still come. Maybe metal bat will play into that. I'm curious as to why he was brought into this fight by One and Murata.
    Last edited by DoctorPhil; July 15th, 2021 at 11:57 PM.

Ok, thanks for explaining. I do see how the perspective on him can feel different with all the added content

There are still ways for them to make up on how they changed BS. Other than redraws, hopefully!

Regarding his different build in webcomic, who's to say this is even his final form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhil View Post
    I think there are some manga only people here, so I think you should spoiler tag that stuff mando. I agree GS is too bulky, and I wish he came later with more fanfare. But he can still feel special. I'm not worried yet. Maybe his true time to shine, time devoted exclusively to him instead of other baddies will still come. Maybe metal bat will play into that. I'm curious as to why he was brought into this fight by One and Murata.
    Yep, sorry, I'll edit my previous posts, I just wasn't sure if it was considered spoiler, because at this point manga and webcomic seem very different. But I guess it's still spoiler for the webcomic itself, if someone wants to read it in the future.

Btw, about Metal Bat, what's his deal?
    Webcomic spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    In the webcomic, he was still in the hospital, and I thought it was because he could actually change the outcome of the entire arc if he was there, with his fighting spirit he should be basically invincible, I even remember that One said that's the reason he didn't include Metal Bat in the arc. He's basically Hulk, the more you beat him, the stronger he gets, but as soon as he relaxes, he starts feeling the toil on his body and passes out, like what happened against Garou, when his little sister intervened.
    So now that he's here, what's going to happen with him? In the webcomic he's still a mystery, but in the manga right now I only see two outcomes for him: he fights and gets defeated (disappointing), or he simply limits himself to save people and goes away (which would be weird and also disappointing). So to me, his presence here is also not the greatest decision...
    The webcomic was almost perfect, why did they have to change it so much...
    Last edited by Mandorle21; July 28th, 2021 at 01:39 AM.

These kind of redraws I can live with :D

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

The redrawn chapter was epic and really funny.
    Murata is nailed it this time! :)

Serious Style: Serious Water squirt

Gorgeous! 16 chs

Once again not a fan of these redraws. It's again one of those things where artificially giving a backstory and arc to the characters somehow makes them less interesting. First with Child Emperor and Phoenixman and now Orochi. I thought it was fun to have an intense once chapter fight where Saitama was running through giant tunnels and Orochi getting demolished by an entity he expected to crush and being blindisded with his power. Instead we get a whole chapter on mostly this pointless backstory and Orochi basically charged his one big attack and that was it. The cool speech Saitama made on how he's tired of Ultimate Beings and their long monologues is missed too replaced with as not as interesting pun on bathing. Meh, can we just wrap this arc up already so we can get to the psychic sisters arc?

so he brought that pyramid, we only slightly glimpsed back before, into play

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

So we went from a manga that made fun of villains following prophecies of destruction (Boros arc) to the hero being prophetized to destroy villains. Not cool.
    Wash your hands.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    So we went from a manga that made fun of villains following prophecies of destruction (Boros arc) to the hero being prophetized to destroy villains. Not cool.
    That mural pic is not of Saitama

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information