+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 323 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 6460

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Even excluding stamina I don't think any of them would willingly choose to go to the enemy's lair and fight them all night alone for no personal benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    Honestly that whole scene felt awkward to me. Tatsumaki, Atomic Samurai, Flashy Flash, and Sweet Mask are all impressed that King held his own fighting "nonstop" all night, but those are all literally the cockiest members of the association. Shouldn't they all feel capable of doing that? I don't know, it's just another scene to hype up King but it just didn't feel natural. Maybe it just needs a better translation.
    Not an issue. The father can be impressed that his son can lift a heavy bag and that doesn't mean the father is weaker or stronger than the son.

I saw it as they were more impressed with king's dedication also
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ukimix View Post
    Not an issue. The father can be impressed that his son can lift a heavy bag and that doesn't mean the father is weaker or stronger than the son.
    No one has that kind of relationship with King though. It should be expected by now, given his reputation, that he should be capable of doing that. But everyone else, whether or not it's true, should believe themselves capable of doing the same. It just felt awkward seeing Tatsumaki especially acknowledging anyone in that way.

While Tatsumaki thinks of herself as generally stronger than everyone else I got the feeling she always respected King as being the strongest. Regardless of if most of them can technically fight all night against monsters its still an impressive feat, especially when King looks completely uninjured. Some of the monsters are pretty high level as well and it's reasonable for them to believe that king was fighting more than just fodder monsters.

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

King is a wonderful example of the infectiousness of insecurity. Deep down he knows he couldn't fight any of those monsters for 5 seconds, let alone all night. But since his face doesn't register that insecurity, all the emotion gets conveyed outward by the King Engine- that great empathic transmitter, King's very own Tell-Tale Heart. Thus, everyone around him that hasn't removed all limitation from their existence feels the insecurity that King feels.

Just a theory.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

No matter how much you twist it,the purpose of King is for comic relief only( at least as of now).
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Am I only one who doesn't like King? That could be Mr. Satan and Buggy fatigue setting in though.
    Last edited by Lord of Chaos; July 1st, 2018 at 01:18 AM.

King remind me that One manga where there was that sweet guy that evryone considered scary because of his face. Altugh he actually never tried to be scary and didn't understand why people feared him that much. King is more like Mister Satan since he knows what's up but won't say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    King remind me that One manga where there was that sweet guy that evryone considered scary because of his face. Altugh he actually never tried to be scary and didn't understand why people feared him that much. King is more like Mister Satan since he knows what's up but won't say anything.
    Angel Densetsu? I read a few dozen of the chapters, but never got through. Funny concept though

King is the only reason why I stick with this manga, apart from Murata's godlike art.

Though I guess it's less king, but the chemistry between him and Saitama.

I like king because hes a view into how saitama would be treated if his accomplishments were properly recognized, he doesn't go out of his way to put up the farce as much as just get repeatedly get lucky/unlucky and he has more depth to his character than just being a lucky fake.

Once King breaks his limiter he will become so convincing that even reality bends to his will.

Katai from Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu?
    "Danger is my middle name."

Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    Angel Densetsu? I read a few dozen of the chapters, but never got through. Funny concept though
    Definitely Angel Desetsu, although the main character in it ended up being decent enough at fighting without ever really fighting. What a great manga.

Yeees. It gets old at some point but it's pretty funny.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yes. It's great concept and execution. It gets old after a while tho.

Next chapter will be at least 150 pages long according to Muratas twitter.

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1014921868246016001

It is at this moment 147 pages but Murata feels like it will be more when finished.

Also this will be filled with action.

Will Murata show us S-class strength already ? I cannot wait for Flashy Flash and Darkshine. Oh and Sweet mask. For rest of VS I of course also wait but in this round, those 3 interest me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1014921868246016001

It is at this moment 147 pages but Murata feels like it will be more when finished.

Also this will be filled with action.

Will Murata show us S-class strength already ? I cannot wait for Flashy Flash and Darkshine. Oh and Sweet mask. For rest of VS I of course also wait but in this round, those 3 interest me the most.
    Music to my ears. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    This man is a machine.

Imagine if he had Oda's worldbuilding skills.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    This man is a machine.

Imagine if he had Oda's worldbuilding skills.
    He only has drawing skills and has genious grip on drawing action.

Though with all updated to Ones original work, OPM is closer to One Piece structure and foreshadowings than most of current mangas.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information