+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 250 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 4998

Thread: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

Default Re: Onepunch-Man (redrawn version)

I thought it had to be those pods from the monsters. Not just the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    They cooked the monster though
    Also Genos is a cyborg and Saitama is... Well, he probably can gulp down a barrel of sulfuric acid and he would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I thought it had to be those pods from the monsters. Not just the flesh.
    The pods are probably just the concentrated form and accelerate the process; eating the Beast King's flesh was enough to mutate those crows after all.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The pods are probably just the concentrated form and accelerate the process; eating the Beast King's flesh was enough to mutate those crows after all.
    That theory was debunked. When the crows were being dealt with, Gouketsu explained that the crows were his former disciples who lost their sense of self after eating monster cells. I wish it was the case though. It would've been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    That theory was debunked. When the crows were being dealt with, Gouketsu explained that the crows were his former disciples who lost their sense of self after eating monster cells. I wish it was the case though. It would've been cool.
    I uh, think Ubiq is just talking about the fact that crows got mutated at all from eating monster flesh

even if it is more for a gag

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    I uh, think Ubiq is just talking about the fact that crows got mutated at all from eating monster flesh

even if it is more for a gag
    They didn't get mutated though. The Three Crows were Gouketsu''s former disciples. The scene
    with crows eating Beast King''s body is just a detail to make fun of Beast King or something. That is, unless I'm forgetting a little panel Murata drew somewhere with three mutated crows.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    They didn't get mutated though.

Spoiler:
    I hope that top panel is actually Nyan's origin.

Were there monster cells in One's version?
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Were there monster cells in One's version?
    No, that subplot originated in the redrawn version.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Sometimes I wish we'd just followed the webcomic, which is genius on its own.

I know ONE is writing the Murata version too.. put man, the pacing was much better in the webcomic, and there weren't all these odd sideplots that lessen Garou's impact as a villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch
    You're the kind of person that can't make the difference between "facts" and "far-righty rambling" but somehow you think you can legit talk like this. You're the Ben Shapiro of this forum
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Garou feels Luffy to me now, i liked him a lot, but plot put him in a position where he can't really demostrate that he can surpass it.

Hope Phoenix got a chapter for himself after this.
    Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it. Even if something can be known about it,
    knowledge about it can't be communicated to others
    . Even if it can be communicated, it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Sometimes I wish we'd just followed the webcomic, which is genius on its own.

I know ONE is writing the Murata version too.. put man, the pacing was much better in the webcomic, and there weren't all these odd sideplots that lessen Garou's impact as a villain.
    I honestly don't agree with you, i think the manga has been very good until now, i'd say almost perfect, as both for pacing and characters development. Different from the webcomic, yes, but still great. And i love subplots (if they are done well), funny and useful, i like every single character in this manga, so even if we're not focusing solely on Garou i'm still very happy, i'd actually love MORE development and expansion for other characters, also because, remember, the story of Garou is just AN arc, not the main focus of One Punch Man.

I wonder how Suiryu will ever be relevant again

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I wonder how Suiryu will ever be relevant again
    I hope we'll see him after the Garou arc,

Spoiler:
    maybe he'll be an hero in the Neo Heroes.
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; April 16th, 2018 at 03:38 AM. Reason: spoilers

So, now Garou has mastered the Nanto Seiken.
    He's easily one of my favorite antagonists in this series.

Gah, you just beat me to it Redon

Gorgeous art as always

Spoiler:
    Personally, I liked that ONE decided to not to follow through on putting Overgrown Rover out of commission just yet. The SIT panel may be iconic but I always thought it strange that Garou could subdue a Dragon level threat with one punch while Bang and Bomb using their strongest (second strongest?) attack were unable to do anything. So, in my eyes, this is a corrective choice to keep scaling consistent. I actually like that OR had to be encouraged to fight--just a nice little detail.

Also for those interested in the patrolling monster threat levels
    Spoiler:
    All three are classified as demon-level threats. So, that's neat.

Last edited by Mr. Burns; April 26th, 2018 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Redon, with the quick posts

Spoiler:
    The Author is really putting Garou through the wringer, then breaking it off and throwing that wringer with Garou's body halfway in it into the wood chipper, then throwing that wood chipper into a forest fire!

I don't want this to follow the webcomic in regards to Garou, because after watching how much struggle and triumph he's had to experience, I really don't want to see it end against the Saitamawall. Maybe the manga will find a way to switch it up...
    Last edited by Sirxxx; April 26th, 2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    He won't disobey if he dies, only if he dies when he dies!
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    The Author is really putting Garou through the wringer, then breaking it off and throwing that wringer with Garou's body halfway in it into the wood chipper, then throwing that wood chipper into a forest fire!
    Spoiler:

I don't want this to follow the webcomic in regards to Garou, because after watching how much struggle and triumph he's had to experience, I really don't want to see it end against the Saitamawall. Maybe the manga will find a way to switch it up...
    Please put comparison with the original series, regarding future events, in spoiler tags. Thx
    Last edited by Ukimix; April 26th, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

That wasnt really a spoiler.
    Garou is meant to fight Saitama and every Saitama fight ends the same way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information