Closed Thread
Page 4 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 10032

Thread: Nardo and Bleh Thread III: Naruto is a terrible terrible manga

  1. #61

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    One being:
    "Arc is too boring and predictable now. Oda please end it soon."

    Then I laughed myself silly due to the irony and left.
    The irony here is really overwhelming.

    Well! It's almost Halloween, and it's appropriate I read Bleach, because....the chapter was terrible.

    First of all, we have Kubo's prime weakness again: large, blank panels where you can't even tell what the hell is going on. But no. Oh no, that wasn't the worst part.

    Kubo decides to throw some BS explanations our way! So Ichigo used Blut Vene because....his reiatsu.....absorbed the renmants of Kirge's jail and awakened the "memories" of it? Uh what the hell? Reiatsu is not a living thing. It's a spiritual property! How the hell can it have memories?!

    And no Bleach cliffhanger would be perfect without some dick-teasing. Bach taunts Ichigo, hinting at his own mother. Oh god.....nono, please nothing about Masaki being anything BUT a regular human. Then Bach finishes his spiel by saying "my son....born in the darkness". Well, what could that mean? If Kubo decides to retcon and make Bach Ichigo's REAL father, or something......I can't tell you how enraged I will be. Seriously, I will lose it. Hide your children, lock your doors, and arm yourselves, people. I will NOT be happy.

    *bangs head* And why did Bach have to leave? Something Aizen did?

    But you know what's the sad part? Or...well, the messed up part? This chapter only proves how much Ishida is needed in the narrative, because Ichigo is just an awful fit to this situation. Completely. Bach being a relative of Ishida, that wouldn't be so bad. Bach being a relative of Ichigo? Kubo needs a lobotomy.

    And Kubo proves he cannot stray from a story path established earlier, because this WHOLE chapter was like Fake Karakura. Aizen/Bach messes with Ichigo's head and implies some retcon-crap "twist". Blondie/Gin watches the whole scene with interest. Ichigo cannot beat Aizen/Bach. Aizen/Bach retreats with Blondie/Gin to another place instead of finishing their fucking attack like smart villains. Ichigo is left frustrated and angry.

    cue training arc
    Last edited by MetaMario; October 30th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.

  2. #62
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Actually, guys... It WAS foreshadowed. Kind of.

    Remember when Aizen said "You're a shinigami and..." and got interrupted by Isshin because it's not time yet for talking about that stuff and shit?

    This would actually be quite solid foreshadowing, if not for the fact Kubo retconned this cliffhanger right in the next chapter by changing the phrase to "You're a human and...". Now it just looks retarded, but it's kind of obvious he intended to aim at foreshadowing things like that.

    Yes, it is still retarded. Looking back though, it still closes some holes. While ripping open a phletora of new holes though.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    I am starting to want to throttle people who act like predictable is some flag they can hoist up to prove something's awfulness.

    When saying something is predictable, ask yourself, would the UNpredictable be an improvement? Would Luffy saying Caesar is his half-mother and obtaining his gas powers REALLY be better?

    Bleach fans will nod along passively to what I just said.


  4. #64

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by f-trash View Post
    Actually, guys... It WAS foreshadowed. Kind of.

    Remember when Aizen said "You're a shinigami and..." and got interrupted by Isshin because it's not time yet for talking about that stuff and shit?

    This would actually be quite solid foreshadowing, if not for the fact Kubo retconned this cliffhanger right in the next chapter by changing the phrase to "You're a human and...". Now it just looks retarded, but it's kind of obvious he intended to aim at foreshadowing things like that.
    I guess, but foreshadowing or not, the idea of Ichigo being connected to Quincy blood does not please me. The guy already has powers from every other group in the Bleach world, and adding in Quincy would kill the very last thing that makes him remotely unique. See:

    -Has orange hair? So does Orihime
    -Is a Subsitute Shinigami? So was Kugo
    -Has Hollow powers? So do the Vizards and to an extent, Chad
    -Had fullbringer powers? So did the terrible Fullbringers.
    -Has a shit ton of uncontrolled reiatsu? So does Kenpachi
    -Has a Bankai that condenses power to a thin sword? So does Yamamoto
    -Is fast in his Bankai state? Means jack now, because plenty of characters have shown to be fastest then him AND have blitzed him
    -Er, human child of an actual Shinigami? Yuzu and Karin
    -Has....Quincy powers? Uryu, Ryuken, and ACTUAL QUINCIES

    ...Technically he is unique, in that he does have all these powers/properties at once, but there's nothing of his own creation, his own merit. Having all these powers comes off as more Mary Sue-like than anything else, like Kubo took things from everybody else and slapped it all together.
    Last edited by MetaMario; October 30th, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    I am starting to want to throttle people who act like predictable is some flag they can hoist up to prove something's awfulness.
    Predictability in itself is not a bad thing. The problem is when the story is predictable because of its bland, uninspired repetitiveness. I swear the same thing happens in Bleach multiple times. Predictability is great like "yay the hero wins and the villian loses", but not when "oh everyone is losing, here comes Ichigo to save the day with his megaman powers, so on so on."

  6. #66
    Sweet Christmas Blowfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Castle Black

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    So not only did Kubo push Ichigo's group on the back burner ,but now he is pawing of THIER story lines on his man character.

    What is the point of Ishida's character anymore if him being a Quincy is overshadowed by [[cant believe I'm saying this]] Ichigo being one?

    Even with the Fullbring arc ,where Chad should of been the one to develop character and his power. But Alas.

    How can you even compare Kishi's writing with this guy? At the very least the Naruto series is better than Bleach.

    "The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

  7. #67

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    could that mean? If Kubo decides to retcon and make Bach Ichigo's REAL father, or something......I can't tell you how enraged I will be. Seriously, I will lose it. Hide your children, lock your doors, and arm yourselves, people. I will NOT be happy.
    Is it weird I read this part as "lock your spoons" ?

  8. #68

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Is it weird I read this part as "lock your spoons" ?
    Nah. Lock your silverware away too, I may steal it and gauge my eyes out if Kubo continues to drive me insane.

  9. #69
    Discovered Stowaway Haros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post

    *bangs head* And why did Bach have to leave? Something Aizen did?
    Aizen hypnotized him and screwed his time perception at least thats what i got from pandas translation. The funny part is that Aizen "lost" his sword didnt he? so how can he use that power? plotholes ftw

  10. #70
    What's wrong with you! IceBorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Holy shit Kubo really?!?

    Ichigo's father and mother must suck at their jobs if they let a weak hollow kill her.(Just wait until the retcon to that!)

  11. #71
    King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Bleach Asylum and Naruto Forums. The Bleach and Naruto equivalents of Arlong Park.

    Isn't it a bit far fetched comparing NF and AP?
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Man this is freaking stupid. FYI though not defending the series but its not a total stretch. Surprised there aren't more people like Ichigo. I mean the criteria is only this.

    1. Mom is quincy, Dad is Shinigami.
    2. Mom being quincy obviously would survive a hollow at some point, thus allowing for Fullbringer abilities.

    If you meet those two criteria, you can be a Shinigami, a Fullbringer and a Quincy, just like Ichigo.

    Only one hard to get would be becoming a Vizard.



    THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT of the series is still the powerlevels. I mean Ichigo originally gains his shinigami powers because Rukia loses to the weakest Hollow in existence. Then as others have said Ichigo's mother is killed by a Hollow who was at least a strong hollow, but still a HOLLOW. No shinigami should ever lose to a Hollow.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    Aizen hypnotized him and screwed his time perception at least thats what i got from pandas translation. The funny part is that Aizen "lost" his sword didnt he? so how can he use that power? plotholes ftw
    And doesn't he need some super long way of using his power. Like he has to fully explain his swords power in order for it to work.

    So the bad guy sat there listening to Aizen explain his powers in order to become entranced by them? That is if he had his sword back like you say he doesn't.

  13. #73
    Sweet Christmas Blowfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Castle Black

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    Isn't it a bit far fetched comparing NF and AP?
    He just means what they both mean to their respective fandoms. Not quality

    "The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

  14. #74

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    I've read some bad fanfictions in my life. But I honestly think I've never come across one this bad.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Oop, we are four pages in. May I do the customary honor of posting the threads' history?

    THE HISTORY OF THE NARUTO THREAD
    NARUTO THREAD I February 15th, 2005-February 26th, 2007
    NARUTO THREAD II February 26th, 2007-September 7th, 2007 (Hall of shame)
    NARUTO THREAD III September 7th, 2007-September 25th, 2007 (Closed, Hall of shame)
    NARUTO THREAD III (Redux) September 29th, 2007-February 18th, 2008
    NARUTO THREAD IV February 18th, 2008 09:00 PM- 09:22 PM (closed)
    2 month period with no Naruto thread.
    NARUTO THREAD V March 31st, 2008-August 12th, 2009 (Re-Re-Redux)
    NARUTO THREAD VI August 12th, 2009-December 15th, 2009 (The pinnacle of greatness)
    NARUTO THREAD VII December 15th, 2009-April 5th, 2010 (Don't Stop...Dattebayo)
    NARUTO THREAD VIII April 5th, 2010-June 2nd, 2010 (Narutian Rhapsody)
    NARUTO THREAD IX June 2nd, 2010-June 25th, 2010 (Closed)
    NARUTO THREAD X June 30th, 2010-August 30th, 2010(Makes a man out of you)
    NARUTO THREAD IV August 30th, 2010-April 6th, 2011 (Reborn, with a quest!)
    NARUTO THREAD XI April 6th, 2011-August 3rd, 2011 (Interrupted by Bleach!)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH I August 3rd, 2011-February 15, 2012 (Two bad tastes that go bad together!)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH II February 15, 2012-October 27, 2012 (The experient has become long-lasting!)

    THE HISTORY OF THE BLEACH THREAD
    Bleach Discussion Part 1 February 13th, 2005- November 12th, 2007 (closed for no real reason)
    Bleach Discussion Part 2 November 12th, 2007-November 12th, 2009 (Exactly two years!)
    Felch Discussion Part 3 November 12th, 2009-August 19th, 2010
    Felch Discussion Part 4 August 19th, 2010-April 20th, 2011
    Felch Discussion 0 April 20th, 2011-August 3rd, 2011 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 5?)
    Bleach and Naruto I August 3rd, 2011-February 15, 2012 (Two bad tastes that go bad together!)
    Bleach and Naruto II February 15, 2012-October 27, 2012 (The experient has become long-lasting!)

  16. #76

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    So I'm guessing a couple of different things.

    1) Isshin either left SS because he saw the Quincy genocide and wanted to save his beloved wife.
    2) Ichigo's mother is Ryuken's sister.
    3) Ichigo's mother is Bach's daughter.
    Bach called Ichigo his son. If number 3 is true then Bach fucked his daughter.

  17. #77
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Oop, we are four pages in. May I do the customary honor of posting the threads' history?

    THE HISTORY OF THE NARUTO THREAD
    NARUTO THREAD I February 15th, 2005-February 26th, 2007
    NARUTO THREAD II February 26th, 2007-September 7th, 2007 (Hall of shame)
    NARUTO THREAD III September 7th, 2007-September 25th, 2007 (Closed, Hall of shame)
    NARUTO THREAD III (Redux) September 29th, 2007-February 18th, 2008
    NARUTO THREAD IV February 18th, 2008 09:00 PM- 09:22 PM (closed)
    2 month period with no Naruto thread.
    NARUTO THREAD V March 31st, 2008-August 12th, 2009 (Re-Re-Redux)
    NARUTO THREAD VI August 12th, 2009-December 15th, 2009 (The pinnacle of greatness)
    NARUTO THREAD VII December 15th, 2009-April 5th, 2010 (Don't Stop...Dattebayo)
    NARUTO THREAD VIII April 5th, 2010-June 2nd, 2010 (Narutian Rhapsody)
    NARUTO THREAD IX June 2nd, 2010-June 25th, 2010 (Closed)
    NARUTO THREAD X June 30th, 2010-August 30th, 2010(Makes a man out of you)
    NARUTO THREAD IV August 30th, 2010-April 6th, 2011 (Reborn, with a quest!)
    NARUTO THREAD XI April 6th, 2011-August 3rd, 2011 (Interrupted by Bleach!)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH I August 3rd, 2011-February 15, 2012 (Two bad tastes that go bad together!)
    NARUTO AND BLEACH II February 15, 2012-October 27, 2012 (The experient has become long-lasting!)

    THE HISTORY OF THE BLEACH THREAD
    Bleach Discussion Part 1 February 13th, 2005- November 12th, 2007 (closed for no real reason)
    Bleach Discussion Part 2 November 12th, 2007-November 12th, 2009 (Exactly two years!)
    Felch Discussion Part 3 November 12th, 2009-August 19th, 2010
    Felch Discussion Part 4 August 19th, 2010-April 20th, 2011
    Felch Discussion 0 April 20th, 2011-August 3rd, 2011 (Who said Felch discussion went from 1 to 5?)
    Bleach and Naruto I August 3rd, 2011-February 15, 2012 (Two bad tastes that go bad together!)
    Bleach and Naruto II February 15, 2012-October 27, 2012 (The experient has become long-lasting!)
    Get this stuff on page 1, stat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Wow, try as I might want to find something positive about Bleach's chapter that simply isn't happening (I'm an optimist). This Ichigo's mother thing is just ....sad. The second I saw Aizen's face in the chapter I cringed.

    Whats next? Aizen turns out to be Ichigo's mom and the Aizen face was just an illusion? Or was this all part of Aizen's plan all along. Hmm prolly shouldn't type this it might give Kubo more ideas...

  19. #79
    I do it ! Sâuza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bobobo world

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    eaf4e9

  20. #80
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Naruto and Bleach III : With Your Powers Combined, I Am Captain Planet!

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Oop, we are four pages in. May I do the customary honor of posting the threads' history?
    Wow thank you.

    Going to browse through them when I find the time, I'm sure there is some aged comedy gold waiting for me!
    Last edited by Jabra; October 30th, 2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: woops quoting the whole thing is bad.


Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts