+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Escape Franchise

Default Zero Escape Franchise

So it's out now for 3ds and vita anyone here getting this?
    It seems to have dual voices but I'm more interested in if it does have dual text. I'm undecided if I should get the jap. or the english version.

I've played 999 in english given I don't remember that much of it zero escape still seems to make some references especially to names that seemed to be changed in the english version. So I'm not sure if the jap. would confuse me.

for people interested especially for vita owners in search of a game I'll leave the english trailer and promo anime.

english trailer

Promo anime

Default Re: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Going to have to avoid spoilers for as long as I can I guess because I really cannot get this immediately.

I have this preordered, but I'm waiting until early evening to pick it up when classes are over. I went through some pains to track down a copy of 999 and greatly enjoyed it and I'm greatly looking forward to this, though it's setting doesn't grab me quite as much.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, they weren't really in a sinking ship, but at least the facility being dressed up as one gave it some color.

Until then, this gif that I've seen making the rounds seems appropriate:
    Spoiler:
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Still haven't gotten 999 yet. I looked around in stores, but it looks like I'll have to go online to get it.

Spoiler:
    Wow, got to my first ending and it's one of the too be continued ones

Well I'll be much obliged if someone can find out if the us version has switchable japanese/english text language.

I'm somewhat hyped about this maybe I'll try to play the first game again.

The US version does have English/Japanese dual audio, but I don't think it has dual text.

Okay, I've played for four hours and I'm at the second set of puzzle rooms. Ugh, maybe it's because I'm dumb, but the one I picked before was a total nightmare. For those who end up in the lounge, remember this:
    Spoiler:
    GSBPRM
    it'll help immensely.

Maybe it's just the path I'm on, but so far the game feels much more dreary than 999 did. Every place I've been in so far looks like the prison area from the first game, and so far there's been less off-the-wall humor than in 999. There are puns though. Lots of 'em.

One thing I've noticed was that I have had a tendency to get the secret files before the actual key password, although the exception was the first puzzle where I just couldn't figure out how to get the red memory card which I presume would get you the password. Also, the puzzles are pretty difficult.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    The US version does have English/Japanese dual audio, but I don't think it has dual text.

Okay, I've played for four hours and I'm at the second set of puzzle rooms. Ugh, maybe it's because I'm dumb, but the one I picked before was a total nightmare. For those who end up in the lounge, remember this:
    Spoiler:
    GSBPRM
    it'll help immensely.

Maybe it's just the path I'm on, but so far the game feels much more dreary than 999 did. Every place I've been in so far looks like the prison area from the first game, and so far there's been less off-the-wall humor than in 999. There are puns though. Lots of 'em.
    Lounge wasn't as bad as the crew rooms in my opinion
    Spoiler:
    although that may have been my dumb mistake as well. My advice is that you should really make sure to keep checking descriptions and the last locker doesn't seem to follow the order it should
    . Crew rooms had me stuck for at least an hour. ANd yeah it's definitely darker than 999 from what I've seen so far

I usually research new series pretty thoroughly before I take the dive, but since I respect the opinion of the folk in this thread, I decided to go ahead and impulse buy the game.

After working through the first few puzzles, I would just like to say I love you all very much.

*hugs*

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Damn. Gonna have to start saving up for a 3DS stat! (Rent money!? Who needs that?)
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I usually research new series pretty thoroughly before I take the dive, but since I respect the opinion of the folk in this thread, I decided to go ahead and impulse buy the game.

After working through the first few puzzles, I would just like to say I love you all very much.

*hugs*
    I don't want to ruin your good feeling but I would advise playing 999 first(or watch it on youtube if you can't) since, despite having a different name, this is a true sequel to that so I would guess it spoils the first game alot and probably deals with plot points from that game that you won't really get.
    Last edited by IceBorg; October 24th, 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: damm not having a vita, I need one for this and P4G

Oh god, K gets super excited on one of those coin operated kiddie rides. It's hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I don't want to ruin your good feeling but I would advise playing 999 first(or watch it on youtube if you can't) since, despite having a different name, this is a true sequel to that so I would guess it spoils the first game alot and probably deals with plot points from that game that you won't really get.
    Really? Dammit, the brief look I had at other reviews implied it was a spiritual sequel and not a true sequel.

I wish navigating the inventory wasn't so clunky. It's quite cumbersome when you have a lot of stuff, like the seventy-million bottles of booze in the lounge.

Oh lol
    Spoiler:
    Cockney robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post

Spoiler:
    GSBPRM
    it'll help immensely.

Thx, well I guess the US version it is, after researching some of the translation changes it'll be little to confusing.
    I hope airmail comes fast...

Good scott, this is insanely addicting.

There have been one or two puzzles that I would accuse of being too obtuse, but for the most part, the parts where I've stalled out have been the product of my own stupidity.

Think I just got my first true ending. As in the first one that will grant me an icon on the save screen

Whether it's a true sequel, spiritual sequel, or totally unrelated, 999 is worth getting regardless. It's a fantastic game.

After roughly nine hours (hey!) of playtime I've finally reached an ending. Actually, it wasn't really an ending, just a more abrupt version of 999's Coffin Ending. I didn't even get an ending icon. It was crazy though, 'bout the only thing that was missing was Zero III showing up on the monitor to quote HAL's famous line to Bowman. And that path still has two more branches past that point...this is going to be quite a lengthy game, much longer than 999 was.

Speculation and related plot spoilers follow:
    Spoiler:
    It looks like the morphogenetic field is going to come into play again at some point. I mean, Phi seems to know things that she shouldn't, though some of those could be easily explained through other means, but the memento mori sequence kinda gave that away. Between the semi-futuristic tech and the huge storage of processed food I'm guessing that everyone's trapped in either some kind of doomsday bunker or like, I dunno, a space station simulation.

Character impressions...well, Dio's a grade-A douchebag and an awfully suspicious one to boot, Clover's giving me deja vu, Alice I guess is a less tempermental Lotus, Luna's like Akane 2.0 with an extra dose of saccharine, Quark's been MIA for most of my run (must be taking after Clover), Tenmyoji - I'm interested in learning what his seeming connection with the dead woman is, but that probably won't be for a while, and for such a big, armored guy, K's probably the most genteel, erudite member of the cast. G-OLM (who is probably the most hilarious character I've encountered so far - hope he comes back somehow) hints that one of them is a robot, but we'll see about that.

In short, this game is absolute bananas.

This is definitely a true sequel, considering at least one character is in both (two if you count references and a last minute appearance). It even references past events, and in the secret files, one of the things gives a major spoiler related to 999 (really, if you haven't played 999, don't read the secret file labeled "H")

Also, based on the number and the ending I just got, it seems like each of the icon entries might be centered around each character

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information