Closed Thread
Page 1300 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 300 800 1200 1250 1290 1298 1299 1300 1301 LastLast
Results 25,981 to 26,000 of 26009

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

  1. #25981

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Chopper is a plushie.

  2. #25982
    Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mexico

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    though anything with fur could be called furrie...

    also, correct me if I'm wrong but ever since we entered the NW, neither Nami or Robin have gotten proper 1 vs 1 fights with villains team.
    the current arc seems promising to finally make it happen.
    however, the thing is, at some point the SH's will be facing Teach with this 1vs1 dynamics, and to think that there would be 3 females in Luffy's side all having successful fights against 3 of Teach's titans, well honestly, who can actually picture such thing happening in this series, I mean like for real.

  3. #25983
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    Nope.

    I think Oda is making a lot of this up as he goes along. Famously, Vivi was just going to be a Baroque works officer and it was only on the way to Whisky peak that Oda thought up the whole princess plot, that's why her design looks so villainous when we first see her.

    But in terms of the crew, as you said Robin was a last minute addition. Franky was designed with Mr 2's voice actor in mind, so too much of his design can't have been set in stone from the start. Especially since the original shipwright was a small fishman. The plant guy got dropped completely and turned into a powerup for Usopp. Brook's original design involved a cowboy hat, so when that was changed, Yorki had to be invented out of thin air in order to explain who the guy with the cowboy hat was in Crocus' flashback. Jimbei just wasn't present at all in those crew sketches, and his original sketches (along with what Yosaku tells us about him) made him out to be more villainous than he turned out to be. Also I doubt that Oda would have two fishmen on the crew.



    So I think Oda sketched out a few initial ideas but left himself a lot of leeway for crewmates that would strike his fancy later on.
    The little fish’s design was later used for a whole underwater village of catfish shipwrights, who aren’t the same biologically as fishmen or mermaids, who all show traits of different species. They’re closer to Pappagu, sea creatures who happen to be sentient.

    That’s not to say the catfish’s story was always like that, but then again, we don’t know whether Jinbe was always considered a fishmen himself, if fishmen were originally planned to be called that and actually related to fish, or even if Jinbe was always called that name and related to whale sharks. Like you said, details can be changed, but the main picture has remained the same: Brook was always meant to be a skeleton, Robin was finalized before the story began, and Franky was likewise confirmed to be a large robotic shipwright at that time. I do think Monquito has a point; if we can accept that Oda could have more than one animal-inspired crewmember, then that should apply to both land and sea animals.

    Moreover, I simply can’t accept the idea that some version of Jinbe wasn’t a part of Oda’s first sketch, much less that he wouldn’t be in the second one from right before serialization. There’s clear evidence that there were characters erased from both sketches: broken lines, gaps in the lineups, and again, the fact Oda confirmed 11 people were planned from the start. That implies Oda made it clear which two characters would really be joining and needed to be erased. Jinbe was one of them, 100 percent.
    Last edited by Shift; September 8th, 2018 at 11:28 AM.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  4. #25984

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    From where exactly are you people drawing the conclusion that small guy is a fishman?

  5. #25985
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    From where exactly are you people drawing the conclusion that small guy is a fishman?
    Yes, I made it clear that the catfish villagers are not fishmen according to the story, since there's a whole village of them and they look the same. There's no way to know if that crewmember one would have had the same story, but there you go.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  6. #25986

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Stop calling Chopper a furry before I take you all down the FurAffinity tunnel. They're both talking animals, but Chopper is more mascot than furry.
    Chopper is literally an anthropomorphic reindeer.

  7. #25987
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Did Luffy even care about Carrot when he got separated from the others?

  8. #25988
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Did Luffy even care about Carrot when he got separated from the others?
    When, at Wano? He didn't mention anyone by name, and he knew Sanji had taken them to safety.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  9. #25989
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Chopper is literally an anthropomorphic reindeer.
    Technically sure, but he fits more into the same category as Pappugg, ie a walking talking toy and not fetish fuel like the minks and certain zoans like Pell, Lucci, etc. Closest Chopper gets to that is modern horn point (his human form is more like a yeti).
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

  10. #25990

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Someone post that 20%, 50%, 100% furry image

  11. #25991

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Technically sure, but he fits more into the same category as Pappugg, ie a walking talking toy and not fetish fuel like the minks and certain zoans like Pell, Lucci, etc. Closest Chopper gets to that is modern horn point (his human form is more like a yeti).
    What does this even mean? I don't understand your argument at all.

  12. #25992
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    What does this even mean? I don't understand your argument at all.
    Pappugg and Chopper resemble happy meal toys and not attractive fetishy furries like your signature and thus should not be lumped into the category of "furries" like minks because they're clearly on opposite sides of the talking animal spectrum
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

  13. #25993
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Pappugg and Chopper resemble happy meal toys and not attractive fetishy furries like your signature and thus should not be lumped into the category of "furries" like minks because they're clearly on opposite sides of the talking animal spectrum
    Great, so we're in agreement that Chopper and Carrot don't clash with each other on that front. XD
    Last edited by Shift; September 8th, 2018 at 02:45 PM.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  14. #25994

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Choppers whole character establishing thing was he didnt want to be a monster and was worried he never would fit in with anyone. His throughline was that it didnt matter what he was but who he was. While carrot has possible relevance as a character from a seperate race.


    Calling them two talking animals and thus redundant, its not like having two fishmen on the crew because chopper has no fuzzy pride or anything that woukd clash with carrot if oda wants to go in that direction.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  15. #25995

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Reaching 1300 Pages has to be some type of milestone.

  16. #25996
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Reaching 1300 Pages has to be some type of milestone.
    And still no official new crewmate since it was made.

  17. #25997

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Itll probably be at least 1500 before we get an answer for sure
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  18. #25998
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Itll probably be at least 1500 before we get an answer for sure
    What a depressing prospect.

  19. #25999

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Itll probably be at least 1500 before we get an answer for sure
    At that point, would it even matter? It does seem like we would be approaching the end of this manga once the Kaido arc concludes.

    Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/


  20. #26000
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

    Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    At that point, would it even matter? It does seem like we would be approaching the end of this manga once the Kaido arc concludes.
    True dat. Once you topple one of the world's strongest pirates, it seems like the Revolutionaries' big plot will be going down and present the next logical step in challenge, that being whole armies rather than pirate crews. And then probably a race to Raftel against Blackbeard where the big square-off will take place.

    That said, it feels like the Kaido arc will be one of the biggest and most epic and will encompass Elbaf and other places we're looking forward to seeing, if it does indeed involve the ultimate Supernova alliance. Big Mom seems like she'll stick her ugly nose back into things at some point too, probably to kick off an evil pirate alliance and create the leadership of a third party in the upcoming big conflict with the Revolutionaries, Marines and pirates all vying for control. That would mean the end of the big arc is a long way off, so if we get someone soon, maybe it'll feel more right, otherwise dragging his feet this long before adding a new nakama isn't the best move on Oda's part.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts