Closed Thread
Page 1248 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 248 748 1148 1198 1238 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1258 1298 ... LastLast
Results 24,941 to 24,960 of 26011

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    I don't know, but saying "no just no" is not an argument. I can't fight against your personal and arbitrary standards for entertainment, you are not a burden of proof. So, whatever.
    lol the two of you in of yourselves have not written an exciting description of the job or even tried. The most you've done is pointed out exciting things being noticed by (virtually anyone to ever be on the ship).

And it not being new is not only not arbitrary in the slightest, it's something both of you have established yourselves in your posts. Especially the ever helpful Avocado who graciously offered up a few iconic examples throughout OP's history pre-Carrot.

You can easily use panelling in manga to make a lookout routine exciting by pointing at something that is about to appear or get in the way. Pretty basic actually.
    Every drop of excitement in such an instance is at the service of what Oda will draw for the audience in the next panel. None of that excitement regards the job itself or anything caused by it for that matter. It is 100% passive by nature.

And I guess that last bit is for Avocado, because I'm talking about the role in general. Carrot being the lookout would not change in any way this basis. As for specific elements that Carrot adds, I'm not focusing on them here.
    Then you have completely removed yourself from the context of the discussion.

How is Carrot lame compared to Brook, Franky?
    Those are names a fodder could have.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    MK, I wanted to ask you this for a while. What other position on the crew is a vital fit left to fill? I mean, we got a first mate, navigator, helmsman, doctor, cook, and shipwright. That's the major roles needed to keep a ship going.
    Oda might pull something similar to Usopp, a narratively important character. Like Usopp is the everyman.
    Not sure what that would be at this point.

The idea of a diverse crew including also someone from Wano might have some sense to it, though there would have to be more to them than simple being "from Wano". The diversity issue is bad for Carrot naturally, since she feels repetitive of Chopper.

I guess I didn't take context into account but I wanted to add my two cents on a quite perplexing statement I read from you. My bad.

And of course the excitement is at the service of what the narrative will drop later. That's how hype and expectation work. I'm honestly surprised that you are questioning something so basic. Anything that advances an event and allows the reader to get ready for it has an inherent potential to cause excitement. Heck, that is how Oda's narrative works a lot of the time, it's not like he never used cliffhangers xD

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    How is Carrot lame compared to Brook, Franky?
    Those are names a fodder could have.
    having fodder names is cool, Carrot is OP, I mean, that's Goku's Sayian name, you can only use it for temporary references, cannot stay during what's left of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Just spitballing here....but what if the new crewmate is indeed joining at Wano, but *isn't* a native? Like a member of the Beast Pirates who was pressganged into it and wants to get out, but something holds them back (The fate of a friend or two?) and is a decent person.

I doubt it, but it would be a big curveball.
    New Robin? Why not.

I guess I didn't take context into account but I wanted to add my two cents on a quite perplexing statement I read from you. My bad.

And of course the excitement is at the service of what the narrative will drop later. That's how hype and expectation work. I'm honestly surprised that you are questioning something so basic. Anything that advances an event and allows the reader to get ready for it has an inherent potential to cause excitement. Heck, that is how Oda's narrative works a lot of the time, it's not like he never used cliffhangers xD
    "Oh sorry I didn't realize context mattered."

*continues ignoring context completely to make pedantic irrelevant observations*

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    "Oh sorry I didn't realize context mattered."

*continues ignoring context completely to make pedantic irrelevant observations*
    *continues answering after I apologized and clarified because he's not getting the triggered answers he wants*

*continues answering after I apologized and clarified because he's not getting the triggered answers he wants*
    You made the apology equivalent of "I'm not racist but" lol.

You made the apology equivalent of "I'm not racist but" lol.
    Sure, sure. #16charsofnothing

Find us exactly one panel demonstrating this claim.

In fact find us exactly one panel with the crew stressing or expressing desire for someone special to fill this role.
    I'm not wasting another second on you after this comment, because you're clearly just skimming over my replies.

I already posted the page when Luffy scolds Robin for her poor lookout performance and I'll post it again now. Luffy even acts out how he thinks a lookout should act. I'm not going to keep arguing with someone who clearly isn't paying attention and is just shitposting.

Hidden:

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    I'm not wasting another second on you after this comment, because you're clearly just skimming over my replies.

I already posted the page when Luffy scolds Robin for her poor lookout performance and I'll post it again now. Luffy even acts out how he thinks a lookout should act. I'm not going to keep arguing with someone who clearly isn't paying attention and is just shitposting.

Now imagine a whole forum of people this dense!

Anyone want to lament why we aren't like OroJackson again lol

Sanji: the name alludes at him being number three.
    Remember, his original name was "Naruto" due to his swirly eyebrow. But the Naruto manga came out before Sanji made his appearance so Oda gave him a different name.

Also, Zoro is a swordsman who is called Zoro...

Purely coincidence

Now imagine a whole forum of people this dense!

Anyone want to lament why we aren't like OroJackson again lol
    >Calls people dense
    >Doesn't defend his claim

Pick one, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    >Calls people dense

Pick one, sir.
    Don't feed the trolls.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    >Calls people dense

Pick one, sir.
    ahahaha, if you have to be told why that post was dense you too are dense.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Don't feed the trolls.
    You don't get it.
    This is our place.
    We aren't the trolls, we aren't the parasites, we aren't outside the system.

That is you. The other forum's people who prize your elaborate empty tapestries and paragraphs. Who couldn't interpret the text of See Spot Run.
    You are the cancer on this place, you are the annoyance on this place, you are the unwelcome factor.

I know I haven't been here long enough to discern the subtle note of intellect in your constant bashing.
    And you probably don't respect my little 4 years of meeting new very nice and friendly members.

Anyway with the little experience I have of this forum....you are the worst monkey king.
    I have a hard time believing that One Piece fans can be so bad at making friends.

The two ways I can see the look-out post being exciting are :

- Thanks to the skills of the person at this post like she/he can see things (ships, islands, islands, monsters, whatever) that are really far away and that a normal person wouldn't be able to see. A bit like when Van Auger who was in Jaya killed the seagulls flying above the Merry while Usopp who was at the look-out position on the ship couldn't even see the land yet.
    And if they are able to see the danger far ahead, they can elaborate a strategy and that can be interesting to see

- By the cooperation with other members of the crew. And especially with Usopp using the cannons. A bit like the cooperation between Violette and Usopp in Dressrosa but for some battle between ships. And Jinbe saying to ready the cannons when Carot and Chopper were seeing the shadows of several ships, make me thinks what would have happen if Usopp was here ?

And if we have the combination of this 2 conditions, we could see some scenes like : the person at the look-out post sees some ennemy ships that no one else is able to see because of how far away they are. He/she says what he/she saw to the rest of the crew, and Usopp trusting him/her follows the indication to shoot the ships even if himself can't see them yet.

But of course it would be interesting only in time of battle/danger at sea.
    3DS FC : 0559-6804-1461

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D View Post
    - By the cooperation with other members of the crew. And especially with Usopp using the cannons. A bit like the cooperation between Violette and Usopp in Dressrosa but for some battle between ships. And Jinbe saying to ready the cannons when Carot and Chopper were seeing the shadows of several ships, make me thinks what would have happen if Usopp was here ?
    Isn't that basically what happened with BM's tsunami? Carrot called out the incoming wave, and Jimbei was able to maneuver the ship into position and ride it out.

Purely coincidence

Mood: Searching See Spot Run in Google

Remember, his original name was "Naruto" due to his swirly eyebrow. But the Naruto manga came out before Sanji made his appearance so Oda gave him a different name.

Also, Zoro is a swordsman who is called Zoro...
    Yep, I didn't mention Zoro because the name is a more specific reference and I think it would qualify as something more elaborate than Nami or Sanji. There are various degrees of creativity/elaboration in the names of the SH crew. I like Usopp's a lot.

Closed Thread

Thread Information