+ Reply to Thread
Page 1213 of 1213 FirstFirst ... 213 713 1113 1163 1203 1211 1212 1213
Results 24,241 to 24,258 of 24258

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    I find it way more nonsensical that the Straw Hats conveniently find all the poneglyphs they need, exactly the ones, none of the instructional, random or weapon ones, by traveling to the next three-four islands they have left in their path. Oda could just have them gain rubbings from other people as well, but that does not seem to be on par with Oda's creativity, not to mention, it seems he is planning to have a quest to find the lost road poneglyph.
    We just got three poneglyphs, and we're getting at least one more in Wano, the place poneglyphs come from. I think we're going to be fine poneglyph-wise for a long while in the series.

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    I dont have Viz but the jaminis has this from the big mom - pudding convo

I read it as having to do with the reading of the poneglyphs, not the location of them
    The conversation in Viz is very similar to be honest: " He used that strange ability to hear the voice of all things and read the stone..but I've got a secret weapon of my own who will one day wield that power..."

So at face value, the three eyed tribe power is the voice of all things. Which seems underwhelming and not unique to their race as we have seen other people have that ability like Luffy, Momo, Roger.

The only thing I could think of, is that the same way haki has different degrees of application, the voice of all things could have so as well. So how they use the voice of all things could be different.

Maybe Big Mom is wrong about what the powers does, but I will not bank on that, I would rather take it as true.

I guess that if the three eyed tribe power is the same as what we have seen Momo do, doesn't seem that special.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

The conversation in Viz is very similar to be honest: " He used that strange ability to hear the voice of all things and read the stone..but I've got a secret weapon of my own who will one day wield that power..."

So at face value, the three eyed tribe power is the voice of all things. Which seems underwhelming and not unique to their race as we have seen other people have that ability like Luffy, Momo, Roger.

The only thing I could think of, is that the same way haki has different degrees of application, the voice of all things could have so as well. So how they use the voice of all things could be different.

Maybe Big Mom is wrong about what the powers does, but I will not bank on that, I would rather take it as true.

I guess that if the three eyed tribe power is the same as what we have seen Momo do, doesn't seem that special.
    So basically, you're inventing powers for the three-eyed tribe because you don't feel they're special enough?

Purely coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by SeaOfHope View Post
    Once again, where are people getting the notion that Carrot, an individual that has no idea how the outside world works and is extremely naive, would have the ability to lead a crew?
    Because it has been established that as long as she has a crew, her being naive and having no idea of how the outside world works, would not be an impediment at all.

Luffy is pretty much a guy that wants to travel the world with his friends, and admitted that he knew nothing about how stuff works in Arlong Park and that is why he needed his friends to survive.

Not to mention that Carrot is learning about the outside world, and many other important things with the new dawn. Carrot is growing as a character and her making a crew can be a result of her traveling with the Straw Hats and learning about the dawn. By the end of Wano, she will not be the girl that snuck on the ship, she will have a mission, friends and will have traveled with the future Pirate King, she has all the inspiration she needs.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoInTheRain View Post
    So basically, you're inventing powers for the three-eyed tribe because you don't feel they're special enough?
    No, I admitted that I got the wrong interpretation and I expressed why I think it is not unique.

The voice of all things has not been fully explained yet. No one can say what is the extent of this power, or its limitations.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Because it has been established that as long as she has a crew, her being naive and having no idea of how the outside world works, would not be an impediment at all.

Luffy is pretty much a guy that wants to travel the world with his friends, and admitted that he knew nothing about how stuff works in Arlong Park and that is why he needed his friends to survive.

Not to mention that Carrot is learning about the outside world, and many other important things with the new dawn. Carrot is growing as a character and her making a crew can be a result of her traveling with the Straw Hats and learning about the dawn. By the end of Wano, she will not be the girl that snuck on the ship, she will have a mission, friends and will have traveled with the future Pirate King, she has all the inspiration she needs.
    Considering she didn't even know the most basic of weather conditions, I highly doubt it. Especially when there are several minks that outrank her, it makes little sense to choose her to lead over characters like Wanda, Sicilian, and most especially the Dukes.

Considering she didn't even know the most basic of weather conditions, I highly doubt it. Especially when there are several minks that outrank her, it makes little sense to choose her to lead over characters like Wanda, Sicilian, and most especially the Dukes.
    And Luffy does? Bartolomeo calls her grandma to ask what to do when they are in peril. She doesn't need to know that, because she would not be the navigator, she just needs a navigator.

Also her leading a detachment from the Minks is different than leading all of the them. The same way Leo is the captain of the Tonttata crew, but their king is still in Dressrosa.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

And Luffy does? Bartolomeo calls her grandma to ask what to do when they are in peril. She doesn't need to know that, because she would not be the navigator, she just needs a navigator.

Also her leading a detachment from the Minks is different than leading all of the them. The same way Leo is the captain of the Tonttata crew, but their king is still in Dressrosa.
    Ignorance on basic weather conditions =/= ignorance navigating. That was to highlight the fact that she knows nothing of the outside world. She didn't know about the existence of giants till she heard Chiffon mention it.

Also, false equivalence. Leo was already the leader of the Tontatta Corps. so he was already in a position of power over his people, Carrot isn't.

Ignorance on basic weather conditions =/= ignorance navigating. That was to highlight the fact that she knows nothing of the outside world. She didn't know about the existence of giants till she heard Chiffon mention it.
    Great so she can go in an adventure with friends and learn all about the world.

Also, false equivalence. Leo was already the leader of the Tontatta Corps. so he was already in a position of power over his people, Carrot isn't.
    Carrot is still a musketeer and a ruler aid. Either way, that was not the point. The point is that her honoring Pedro and setting sail, has nothing to do with other Minks ranks. Wanda and everyone else can stay in Zou.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

Great so she can go in an adventure with friends and learn all about the world.
    So, you're saying she'll join the SHs then?

Carrot is still a musketeer and a ruler aid. Either way, that was not the point. The point is that her honoring Pedro and setting sail, has nothing to do with other Minks ranks. Wanda and everyone else can stay in Zou.
    My main point was, we know she's going to have a personal conversation with the rulers and convey the message that Pedro imparted to her. We can also assume that she'll finally understand his final words, likely on Zou. Taking into account those two things, why would she ever go back and stay on Zou (or Wano)? When wills/dreams are inherited, we practically always see the inheritor follow through. Pedro's message was directed to Carrot, so only Carrot would be in a position to see his goal through.

So when Carrot either joins or doesn't join, how long can the group that was right lord it over the other group? I mean with this much debate there should be a pretty substantial amount of time

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    So when Carrot either joins or doesn't join, how long can the group that was right lord it over the other group? I mean with this much debate there should be a pretty substantial amount of time
    My smugness will be everlasting and insufferable. Even moreso than when I correctly predicted Luffy's new bounty and emperor status.

Purely coincidence

Basic weather conditions =/= new world weather

My smugness will be everlasting and insufferable. Even moreso than when I correctly predicted Luffy's new bounty and emperor status.
    LOL well I definitely don't think she'll join, if she does you totally deserve to do so, seeing how passionately you've been arguing

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

When she doesn't joined, remember not to conveniently forgot your password to your account!
    I'm just kidding by the way.
    This thread has killed far more NN dream & getting users banned than Oda's track record of killing characters in present time.

Carrot ISN'T the worst candidate that ever come out of this thread history. She's fairly reasonable candidate but she has even more shortcoming than Barto who imo was one of the best in recent years. At least she isn't a monster who fed meth to children or kidnap mermaids or a giant crybaby that can't fight etc

But a lot of her discussion are highly reminiscent of all of the Dressrosa arc discussion(& even earlier arc). Back then, people were super convinced that character A will join & is more viable than characters x,y & z! They will also get more development in the next arc. Just wait & see!
    Then those characters never joined the crew & their supporters quietly move on to the next new popular nakama.

Come Wano arc, when we start to see new bunch of new characters, people will go gaga over the newest set of nakama candidates. Carrot might gain more supporters or lose her supporters. Will be interesting to see. Carrot has already gotten more discussion than Pudding who was thought to be the most popular WCI candidate.
    I'm also positive a female ninja will be one of the popular one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    So we're going down this rabbit hole again.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBlue View Post
    When she doesn't joined, remember not to conveniently forgot your password to your account!
    I'm just kidding by the way.
    Honestly, if she doesn't join I probably will just rage quit the site. The only reason I made an account in the first place was to back up Shift in this thread because I felt it strange that he was the only one who saw what I was seeing.

Carrot ISN'T the worst candidate that ever come out of this thread history. She's fairly reasonable candidate but she has even more shortcoming than Barto who imo was one of the best in recent years.

Oh? In what way? The way I see it, there are many more things pointing towards Carrot joining than towards Barto joining back in Dressrosa.

Purely coincidence

Carrot ISN'T the worst candidate that ever come out of this thread history. She's fairly reasonable candidate but she has even more shortcoming than Barto who imo was one of the best in recent years.
    As a former Barto supporter (along with many other Dressrosa candidates, it was a wild arc), I can't agree with this at all. He was a fun character, but several things affected him in a more fatal way than anything we could think of Carrot:
    -He was the captain of his own crew, which was alive and navigating.
    -His relationship with Luffy and the rest of the crew showed that, if he ever got in the Sunny, he would always observe them from a position of inferiority, as a servant, instead of an equal.

The one character that in the end made more sense to me in Dressrosa was Bellamy. No crew, a growing respect for Luffy... Not that I was enthusiastic with the character, but story wise, it wouldn't have been at all nonsensical had Oda decided to go that route.

Carrot has already gotten more discussion than Pudding who was thought to be the most popular WCI candidate.
    Who knows when exactly that quieted down, but I assumed it was after it was revealed what Pudding's 3rd eye does once it's awakened. Stepping on Robin's toes is a big no-no.

I'm also positive a female ninja will be one of the popular one.
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugeeking View Post
    The one character that in the end made more sense to me in Dressrosa was Bellamy. No crew, a growing respect for Luffy... Not that I was enthusiastic with the character, but story wise, it wouldn't have been at all nonsensical had Oda decided to go that route.
    Bellamy never had a chance because his fruit was way too similar to Luffy's. He also didn't have the slightest hint of what his ship role might be.

Purely coincidence

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information