+ Reply to Thread
Page 1031 of 1035 FirstFirst ... 31 531 931 981 1021 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,620 of 20693

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Part of me feels like oda should have slowed 847-856 and sped up the chase scene by a bit but I love most of the chase scene so Idk what od even take out
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Pekoms will join. Pedros death is leading to that directly.
    I like how his role so far this arc is just react to stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I like how his role so far this arc is just react to stuff lol
    Yet Oda is still reminding us about him, he hyped a bit his DF power abd we havent seen Pekoms having any Real fight. We were given his bounty, seen his hometown and got his friend dying.
    He is Strawhat material and he is going to Wano in Pedros place.

Also Oda hinted through Pedros words that Pekoms has some specific tendencies that we are yet to see.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Yeah the whole, Pedro is going to keep Pekoms under control never amounted to anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Yet Oda is still reminding us about him, he hyped a bit his DF power abd we havent seen Pekoms having any Real fight. We were given his bounty, seen his hometown and got his friend dying.
    He is Strawhat material and he is going to Wano in Pedros place.

Also Oda hinted through Pedros words that Pekoms has some specific tendencies that we are yet to see.
    Oh lol, I actually thought you were messing around. Uh, on my end, really hard to give him any real consideration until he does something tangible this arc that would count as him betraying the BM Pirates. So far, it's like, he's grateful and all, and he's mourning Pedro's death and all... but he's still very much loyal to her.

Yeah I don't see how Pekoms is a Strawhat candidate when Carrot's the one given the "passing of the torch" over from Pedro.

I like Pekoms, don't get me wrong, he's a fun character. But he's firmly integrated into the Big Mom crew. After getting shot by Bege, he could have stayed on Zou if that's what he really wanted to do, which he didn't.

If Carrot is sticking around, I imagine she'll fight Pekoms in a future arc when Luffy does a re-match with Big Mom.

Pedro would not want to Carrot and Pekoms fight.

Can anyone give me counterarguments to Vivi re-joining after the reverie?

With Jinbei filling one of last two vacancies, I just see her as only option at this point.

She has a responsibility with her country.

Her father is sick and is about to ask to be shot by asking too many questions about the Poneglyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfo-M F (32) View Post

With Jinbei filling one of last two vacancies, I just see her as only option at this point.
    Luffy said he wanted at least 10 crew members. So it could be 10 or more.

I think most people believe that it'll be Luffy and his 10 strawhats vs. BB and his 10 titanic captains. But we're not guaranteed 1 v 1 fights for everyone and the total count for "BB and his 10 commanders" could easily change. Is Aokiji one of the captains or is his just an ally? Will Aokiji fight alongside them or eventually betray them? Is Strong included in BB's crew strength?

I'm now more inclined to believe that it'll be Luffy (#1) + 11 nakama + the Sunny (#13) as the numbering of the Soldier Dock system makes no sense post-TS. The default is 1 and 3 which is pretty consistent. It only made sense pre-TS with the dual "0" channel docks (012034...). I don't even know what the ordering is now, I think it's 125346. Obviously "56" is symbolic as it reads "gomu". The "13" will probably end up being symbolic for the ship being the 13th member -- the most forgotten nakama -- and the total crew count (including the ship).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

We also never got the Strawhats zodiac animal signs in the SBS which I imagine someone would have asked at some point when we already have horoscope-type stuff like their blood type personality traits. Obviously Luffy is Monkey and Zoro is Tiger. If Oda included it in the SBS it'd be a major spoiler for crew count (12, not including the ship).

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    She has a responsibility with her country.

Her father is sick and is about to ask to be shot by asking too many questions about the Poneglyphs.
    In all seriousness can't she just take a vacation..

Quote Originally Posted by fapfapfap View Post

I think most people believe that it'll be Luffy and his 10 strawhats vs. BB and his 10 titanic captains. But we're not guaranteed 1 v 1 fights for everyone and the total count for "BB and his 10 commanders" could easily change. Is Aokiji one of the captains or is his just an ally? Will Aokiji fight alongside them or eventually betray them? Is Strong included in BB's crew strength?

I'm now more inclined to believe that it'll be Luffy (#1) + 11 nakama + the Sunny (#13) as the numbering of the Soldier Dock system makes no sense post-TS. The default is 1 and 3 which is pretty consistent. It only made sense pre-TS with the dual "0" channel docks (012034...). I don't even know what the ordering is now, I think it's 125346. Obviously "56" is symbolic as it reads "gomu". The "13" will probably end up being symbolic for the ship being the 13th member -- the most forgotten nakama -- and the total crew count (including the ship).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

We also never got the Strawhats zodiac animal signs in the SBS which I imagine someone would have asked at some point when we already have horoscope-type stuff like their blood type personality traits. Obviously Luffy is Monkey and Zoro is Tiger. If Oda included it in the SBS it'd be a major spoiler for crew count (12, not including the ship).
    But at least 10 means exactly 10.. Oda might not have fixed the number from the start but he probably decided to kept that number somewhere along, it's monumental. I think it has become much more clear since we've got this far into the story without a new nakama.

It might defeat the whole purpose of the thread but I just don't see a newly introduced characters joining with presumably only two arcs left before we reach the end. Neither does it look like Oda will give such a dedication as a flashback with whole arc revolving around him/her to a new character, which has been the case for the rest of strawhats. He's already got remaining Supernovas and whole shenanigans he's laid down to resolve y'know.

But at least 10 means exactly 10.
    It does not.

It might defeat the whole purpose of the thread but I just don't see a newly introduced characters joining with presumably only two arcs left before we reach the end. Neither does it look like Oda will give such a dedication as a flashback with whole arc revolving around him/her to a new character, which has been the case for the rest of strawhats. He's already got remaining Supernovas and whole shenanigans he's laid down to resolve y'know.
    There are clearly more than 2 arcs left. Reverie, Wano, Elbaf, Shanks/BB/Raftel stuff, Final War. Maybe even a Vegapunk/Moon arc.

I think people just have gotten used to the fact that most Strawhats joined during the same arc as their introduction and at a time when arcs where shorter. Jinbe is clearly joining after almost 9 years since his introduction. He's been in multiple arcs now. I suspect the remaining Strawhats will tag along for a few arcs before officially joining, allowing Oda to carefully write their way into the crew. That's one of the reasons why I see Carrot as the most likely to join after Jinbe since I would imagine she'll want to stick around until Big Mom's defeat which means she'll be with the crew for a very long time, beyond Wano arc.

A vacation to become a criminal? Doflamingo was allowed to be a king of a WB affiliated country because he was a Shichibukai, he was a pirate serving the WG, otherwise a pirate is just a criminal.

The princess of a country becoming a pirate would negatively impact the country greatly, maybe even make the WG depose the family (the Nefeltari are one of the founding families, but they are not tenryuubito, so maybe they don't have many privileges). It is even worse giving Cobra's bad healthy and the prospect of Vivi having to succeed him as the queen soon (as far as we know, she could already be the acting queen depending on how bad his health is).
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 15th, 2017 at 11:27 AM.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Actually the "at least" part only comes from a specific translation. Other translations, like the one from Viz, have said that Luffy thinks that "about" ten members would be fine.

Spoiler:

I think most people believe that it'll be Luffy and his 10 strawhats vs. BB and his 10 titanic captains. But we're not guaranteed 1 v 1 fights for everyone and the total count for "BB and his 10 commanders" could easily change.
    But considering how much this series likes having 1v1 fights in arcs like Arlong Park, Alabasta, Enies Lobby, Fishman Island, and Dressrosa, it is very probable that we might see everybody get 1v1 fights. None of those arcs had EVERYBODY fight since there would always be one or two stragglers being captured or only fighting fodder. Yet we should remember that this is still an action-adventure shonen at the end of the day. It would make sense for Oda to go out on giving all of his beloved main characters a fight.

And I don't think it's likely to change at all. Shonen antagonist groups that specify numbers like that in their titles never change the total number amount of their roster. They can decrease as they are defeated one by one, but they will never increase. You don't hype up how there are ten intimidating people only to bump that up to eleven or twelve for no reason, it's just weird.

And Blackbeard appears so rarely that it's unlikely for him to want to recruit somebody new out of the blue after the timeskip. Especially when we still don't even know the new member who joined over the timeskip to make the crew have eleven members instead of ten.

Is Aokiji one of the captains or is his just an ally? Will Aokiji fight alongside them or eventually betray them? Is Strong included in BB's crew strength?
    Definitely an ally. And he will definitely betray them. Oda isn't going to have Kuzan change from not liking Sakazuki's harsh methods of brutality to not minding Blackbeard until the end of the story lol. And Stronger is never listed as a character in any of the volume bios/table of contents when they include the Blackbeard Pirates. He didn't get his own title card either while Doc Q did. Stronger is only an accessory to Doc Q.
    Why does the Soldier Dock System have to matter at all when predicting how many crewmates there will be?

That is also rather random.

Think about it like this. Wouldn't it be kind of lackluster if the Straw Hats are on their way to Raftel and declare their dreams around a barrel like the end of Loguetown only for Vivi to go "I want to protect and govern my kingdom, meaning that this crew is only a means to an end for me eventually leaving as I am obligated to my people more than myself or any of you." It stands out too much against how selfish each Straw Hat's reason for being on the ship is. And I also feel like it would sort of spit in the face of how significant the reason for Vivi staying behind in the first place was in wanting to be a princess for her kingdom. Having her still technically join near the end of the series feels like a token gesture without much meaning behind it besides fanservice.

You mean like how Brook joined in the arc right before the Straw Hats got separated for two years? And all of Fishman Island didn't revolve around Jimbei. If anything, Otohime and Fisher Tiger were more of the main focus while Jimbei was more of a witness that wants to preserve the legacy of their ideals. Also take note of how Water 7 and Enies Lobby balanced having flashbacks for both Franky and Robin.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

I have to agree that the idea of Vivi taking a vacation seems really far fetched considering the setup there is with her father being sick and asking about the poneglyphs. He is almost begging to incur the wrath of the top brass of the government. It is almost like he will be the new Clover. I would see Vivi taking a bigger role in her country after the events of the Reverie.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Mario View Post
    Actually the "at least" part only comes from a specific translation. Other translations, like the one from Viz, have said that Luffy thinks that "about" ten members would be fine.

Fair enough but "about 10" still isn't "exactly 10". It's not a precise estimate.

But considering how much this series likes having 1v1 fights in arcs like Arlong Park, Alabasta, Enies Lobby, Fishman Island, and Dressrosa, it is very probable that we might see everybody get 1v1 fights. None of those arcs had EVERYBODY fight since there would always be one or two stragglers being captured or only fighting fodder. Yet we should remember that this is still an action-adventure shonen at the end of the day. It would make sense for Oda to go out on giving all of his beloved main characters a fight.

And I don't think it's likely to change at all. Shonen antagonist groups that specify numbers like that in their titles never change the total number amount of their roster. They can decrease as they are defeated one by one, but they will never increase. You don't hype up how there are ten intimidating people only to bump that up to eleven or twelve for no reason, it's just weird.

And Blackbeard appears so rarely that it's unlikely for him to want to recruit somebody new out of the blue after the timeskip. Especially when we still don't even know the new member who joined over the timeskip to make the crew have eleven members instead of ten.

Definitely an ally. And he will definitely betray them. Oda isn't going to have Kuzan change from not liking Sakazuki's harsh methods of brutality to not minding Blackbeard until the end of the story lol. And Stronger is never listed as a character in any of the volume bios/table of contents when they include the Blackbeard Pirates. He didn't get his own title card either while Doc Q did. Stronger is only an accessory to Doc Q.
    I don't like speculating about BB fights but I still think its a bit presumptuous that all the Strawhats will get 1 v 1 with BB pirates. It also doesn't take into account Grand Fleet and potential allies. Maybe I'm just sour but someone like Robin hasn't had a match up (and victory) with major member of an antagonist team in forever. She fought some nobody on Fishman Island. Bartolomeo ended up defeating Gladius instead of Robin. Kyros defeat Diamante, not Robin.

Why does the Soldier Dock System have to matter at all when predicting how many crewmates there will be?
    Because it serves as a giant #13 assigned to the Sunny. Oda clearly hasn't shied away from assigning Strawhats numbers.

Spoiler:

Maybe I need visuals to explain this

Spoiler:

Pre-TS you had the 0 channels which were later replaced by Channel 5 and 6. After timeskip the soldier dock system appears to go (1)26(3)45-->1... "56" is clearly a symbolic number as it represents Luffy's devil fruit, something that even Oda uses from time-to-time such as the Mugiwara56 cover page that I posted above. If Oda wanted to assign the soldier dock channels into some logical pattern he could have easily done 123456-->1 or even 13(5)24(6)-->1 as it would retain the "56" symbol. Instead he keeps it (1)26(3)45-->(1) bucking any logical ordering of the soldier dock channels which leads me to believe #13 serves as symbolic purpose that has yet to be revealed.
    Last edited by fapfapfap; November 15th, 2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Embedded images

There's no reason at this point in time to think that she will join, simply because we're seeing her again. Once we finally get to the Reverie, things would have to go very, very wrong for her to have a chance at joining, and even then, it's very unlikely, because as already said, she has responsibilities to her country that don't just suddenly disappear because we want them to. Not to mention it undercuts what happened back at Alabasta when she decided to stay behind.

On a smaller note, if it's revealed that she hasn't gotten any stronger, then that imo would be another knock against her.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Fair enough but "about 10" still isn't "exactly 10". It's not a precise estimate.

I don't like speculating about BB fights but I still think its a bit presumptuous that all the Strawhats will get 1 v 1 with BB pirates. It also doesn't take into account Grand Fleet and potential allies. Maybe I'm just sour but someone like Robin hasn't had a match up (and victory) with major member of an antagonist team in forever. She fought some nobody on Fishman Island. Bartolomeo ended up defeating Gladius instead of Robin. Kyros defeat Diamante, not Robin.

Because it serves as a giant #13 assigned to the Sunny. Oda clearly hasn't shied away from assigning Strawhats numbers.

Maybe I need visuals to explain this

Pre-TS you had the 0 channels which were later replaced by Channel 5 and 6. After timeskip the soldier dock system appears to go (1)26(3)45-->1... "56" is clearly a symbolic number as it represents Luffy's devil fruit, something that even Oda uses from time-to-time such as the Mugiwara56 cover page that I posted above. If Oda wanted to assign the soldier dock channels into some logical pattern he could have easily done 123456-->1 or even 13(5)24(6)-->1 as it would retain the "56" symbol. Instead he keeps it (1)26(3)45-->(1) bucking any logical ordering of the soldier dock channels which leads me to believe #13 serves as symbolic purpose that has yet to be revealed.
    But it is still an arbitrary number for the author to specify in the beginning of the story. Add in the Ten Titanic Captains and it's nearly confirmed we will have eleven members.

Why does the Grand Fleet have to fight the main memberd of Blackbeard's crew? They only got fights in Dressrosa because half of the Straw Hat crew was gone. Have the Straw Hat alliss fight Blackbeard's allies.

What you said about Robin is true. But I am still betting Oda will make an exception for the finale. She still fought Yama on Skypiea, even if that was over a decade ago.

Okay, now I get what you mean with the 13. I still don't think that has an underlying meaning though.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

Discovered Stowaway Big Black Hole's Avatar

Don't forget that the Strawhats have been depicted as a football team (soccer for Americans, but it's football ) in some specials as a recurring theme. Football teams have eleven members. It's a small hint I admit, but one that adds to the larger picture.

The fleet should help whatever is left of the revolutionary army against the government during the final war.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information