+ Reply to Thread
Page 1023 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 23 523 923 973 1013 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1033 ... LastLast
Results 20,441 to 20,460 of 21019

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Impossible things that wrecked the ship to the point it broke in half about a week later.

Even after a Klaubterman fixed it up some.
    Credited to the lack of a shipwright to constantly keep the ship in shape.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Maybe (probably) a lack of creativity from my part, but I don't really see how lookout can ever be exciting? Like, trying to imagine a situation like Jinbei had this chapter where everyone is all "WHAT AN AMAZING LOOKOUT" and I can't really think of anything. Like, if Kaido is a dragon maybe spotting him flying through a storm or something?

Dunno, just doesn't seem all that interesting. You've got the really vital jobs like cooking, navigating, maintains the ship, being a doctor, the captaincy and now helmsmanship. Then the more weird ones like Zoro basically being the muscle, Ussop's sniping and Robin being able to read Poneglyphs. They aren't necessary, but Oda can make really cool moments out of the, and in Robin's case she's really important.

I suppose there's Brook being a musician, but since that had the whole gag about Luffy really really wanting one it fit.
    "Don't speak ill of Zoro."

If I remember correctly, Sham and Buchi were lookouts, so maybe we could use some unseen ninja that can guard the ship at night.
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    The final battle this arc is Jimbei vs Carrot. Winner takes it all, as in SH spot in the crew.

Or maybe BM is about to kl carrot and jimbei will sacrifice himself to save her so she can join the crew instead. It fits jimbei's character, to sacrifice himself for others.
    You just broke my brain lol

I got bored and looked at youtube comments nakamate discussion. Makes this thread almost sane.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

When I'm bored I sometimes visit orojackson theories' section. Most of them (in case of "nakamates" at least) are based on "deciphering" hidden messages in color spreads, chapter numbers and finding magical patterns. I think it's generally accepted there that Nekomamushi cover page showcases all SHs' cat representatives (current and future) making it a base for many theories. Great place.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Sometimes I wonder what Oda would think of the crazy conspiracy theories in regard to crew mates and I imagine he'd just be all nani
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what Oda would think of the crazy conspiracy theories in regard to crew mates and I imagine he'd just be all nani
    God, imagining him seeing people want Caesar as a crewmate alone....probably drive the poor bastard to drink.

I think Oda is really professional about this kind of stuff, he once said (I think it was a lesson given to him by one of his former bosses) that it's no business of creator what people do with his creation after buying it, the creator should actually be thankful for just that. So regardless if people are using his manga as "fap material" (the example he was directly asked about) or thinking up crazy theories, it shouldn't really be a problem for him. Makes how seriously some people take all that kinda funny.
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Again, I don't know how anyone can say Doflamingo doesn't count. Of course it'd make sense that Kaido would trivialize the feat, he's a Yonko after all. But that doesn't change the fact that it was still an important victory for Luffy and co. It wasn't just another defeated Warlord. As Doflamingo himself said, he was one holding the reins, the most influential Underworld broker, who had Caesar, another arc villain working under him, and so on. Taking him down was effectively an act of war against Kaido due to halting the SMILE production, so again, saying it doesn't count, that beating Kaido would be the first prominent thing they have done since the timeskip, is quite baffling to me, but whatever.
    But we were talking about "big pirate games", that's why he doesn't count. In a vacuum and itself, defeating Mango was good and all. By no means am I saying they did not accomplish anything. However, we were talking about when do the big vs little pirate games start. From the moment they set out from Fishman Island, the targets have been the emperors. Luffy declared war on Big Mom before getting to Punk Hazard. In Punk Hazard, Law proposed Kaido to be the target. What I am getting at is that Doffy was just a side mission. In fact it was only until Law got captured and Franky made his plea that they decided to take him down instead of letting Kaido do the work.

This is further emphasized by how only half the crew stayed behind to take him down. Contrast that to pre time skip where the entire crew was there for Crocodile and Moria. The New World changed the perspective of the warlords as big threats by having the crew separated. Not to mention the state Mango's crew was in, which were but a shadow of their former selves. Add on to that most of the Straw Hats did not even have a fight to their limits, we can see that even though they achieved quite a bit by defeating Mango, he was not the first real threat of the New World. Having Kaido trivialize the victory at this stage of the story only hits home that only after one of the emperors gets taken down will the "big pirate games" will begin for the crew.

Having the crew aiming for his head doesn't count neither, because there have been many before them that tried. That's why Kaido told Kidd to tell them to just stop. For the crew to be recognized as one of the big players to the world it is a victory they need.

What reasons are those? Are you thinking a giant is going to join?
    Well, as I have been saying the past few pages. I think that Wano should be at best the alliances that have already been established, plus the full crew with the addition of Jimbe. No grand fleet, or nada. Introducing a potential new crewmate would be awesome, however as we have seen with every new crew member, they would inevitably take a chunk of panel time to get elaborated on and make them stand out, when I think that the Straw Hats should have all the focus and the splashes to be used on the Minks, samurai and WB pirates. I think that Kaido is their first big conquest in the New World and once the crew has overcome, then a new character can be introduced to reinvigorate the crew's dynamics.

Not in the typical sense. I imagine a (of course) female giant that has a disease that makes her really small. Not a devil fruit power, but a disease. She would be around Chopper's Kung Fu point size-wise, she is clumsy, and her disease has made her bone density so high she is a walking bulldozer. Whenever she blushes she runs through walls. And with recent chapters, the people of Elbaf hate her because they are reminded of young Lin Lin and her monstrous strength.

I mean scout, lookout, something else entirely, I don't really care. As I've already said, it's a often referenced position alongside the helmsman position, so it has always been in my mind when considering candidates. If something else becomes obvious, or if people provide alternative positions, I'll factor that as well when meeting new characters. As others have said, it may very well be a position that just suddenly reveals itself to us later on for whoever ends up joining.
    The new crew mate could be a fighter/brawler. They could have an advisor, quartermaster, cabin boy etc. I think Carrot fits better as a fighter position than lookout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

I guess we'll just never agree on the Doffy thing.

As for a small Giant, they already used that idea for a filler: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Lily_Enstomach

Albeit, said giant is smaller than what you're suggesting, and had a DF ability that let her shrink at will, but still, seeing as how I've heard that Oda apparently doesn't really like to reuse or have strong similarities to the stuff he lets the anime utilize for filler, I doubt he'd do something like that, much less make her (or him :P) so blatantly derivative of Big Mom. Shame too, in the past I used to wonder about a tiny giant being a possibility.

Oda straight reused the pre thriller lobby DF the anime did. If he wants that character a 4 episode movie filler aint gonna change his mind. Also of we get a badass woman in wano that doesnt join im just gonna assume all women that show up will be oda teasing us with the idea.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Oda straight reused the pre thriller lobby DF the anime did. If he wants that character a 4 episode movie filler aint gonna change his mind. Also of we get a badass woman in wano that doesnt join im just gonna assume all women that show up will be oda teasing us with the idea.
    I agree that I don't necessarily think it's a hard rule, hence the "doesn't really" part, the most recent exception being Oven having a DF that has similar abilities to two non-canon characters from the anime. But for a potential new crewmate? Eh, I'd imagine he'd be far more stricter for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I agree that I don't necessarily think it's a hard rule, hence the "doesn't really" part, the most recent exception being Oven having a DF that has similar abilities to two non-canon characters from the anime. But for a potential new crewmate? Eh, I'd imagine he'd be far more stricter for that.
    Well her power was she could shrink, a smaller giant would still be culturally elbaf (probably) and act like a giant, instead of the 1d hey here's female luffy version the filler did, heck they could even give her something else as a way of fighting like some crazy DF.
    Spoiler:

Well her power was she could shrink, a smaller giant would still be culturally elbaf (probably) and act like a giant, instead of the 1d hey here's female luffy version the filler did, heck they could even give her something else as a way of fighting like some crazy DF.
    I guess, just saying it obviously would be in his best interest to not have the last crewmate not remind you of a filler character. Anyways, if a new character shows up, and there's a basis to hold onto, I'll keep them in mind of course.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Doffy and Kaido comments
    While I agree with everything you are saying about Doflamingo and Kaido, I think this line of thought actually gives one more reason why it's unlikely someone will join the crew after Kaido is defeated (unless the character joins as an ally before that and only the official inclusion as a SH happens later).

We know the anime group check with him the DF they want to use. While it's ok for him not have planned all the villains and their minions with their powers yet, you would expect the Straw Hats and their powers to be already established in his mind. Hard to think he would let a filler character have a power he was planning for a SH.
    FC.0147-0584-2654

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    While I agree with everything you are saying about Doflamingo and Kaido, I think this line of thought actually gives one more reason why it's unlikely someone will join the crew after Kaido is defeated (unless the character joins as an ally before that and only the official inclusion as a SH happens later).

We know the anime group check with him the DF they want to use. While it's ok for him not have planned all the villains and their minions with their powers yet, you would expect the Straw Hats and their powers to be already established in his mind. Hard to think he would let a filler character have a power he was planning for a SH.
    Im agreeing with you about the smaller female giant isnt invalidated because there was a female giant filler character with the DF to shrink.
    Spoiler:

The difference is that she is small instead of becomes small. Her height will never change or be part of her quirk or dynamic. The same way Big Mom was a large human, the little giantess would just be that. A small giant. Her fighting style can be anything, and Harjudin(sp?) did say that giants with logias are rare (translation might be wrong) so she could have a logia fruit.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    They could follow them after Wano. Elbaf seems like another big arc, so we might get an island in between Wano and Elbaf.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    The difference is that she is small instead of becomes small. Her height will never change or be part of her quirk or dynamic. The same way Big Mom was a large human, the little giantess would just be that. A small giant. Her fighting style can be anything, and Harjudin(sp?) did say that giants with logias are rare (translation might be wrong) so she could have a logia fruit.
    Then... what's the point of making her a giant aside from maybe a generic flashback revolving around size prejudice?

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

What was the point of making Linlin a big human instead of just a giant? Maybe the disease ends up killing her? Parallels between Roger crew having someone with a disease that could not be cured, this crew did. :3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information