+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid V: Survive is some real far waters exploitation

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Default Metal Gear Solid V: Survive is some real far waters exploitation

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is here, Big Boss is back and this thread is dedicated to all the metal gear V discussion. All his exploits for revenge and eventually journey into the darkness, this is the game where we will see it all take place. "We are diamond dogs"

-----
    MGSV: The Phantom Pain Section

Artwork

Debut Trailer

E3 2013 Trailer

E3 2014 Trailer

------------

MGSV: Ground Zeroes Section

-------------
    Artwork

Hidden:

----
    Launch trailer

---
    Screenshots

Hidden:

More info to come when its available
    Last edited by Venomous Warden; June 23rd, 2014 at 10:14 PM.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Open-world MGS? I'm sold.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

People are bitching that the game is a prequel.

I have two words to those people:

Hidden:

Shut up.

I agree with one of the comments that said

LunSeiAs much as I think the MGS series is one of the best games ever, so far I'm not happy with the announcement of a new episode.
    MGS4 was definitely the fitting end of the series. And you know how it goes: if you keep making sequel over sequel of something, the chances of it ruining the series increases exponentially with each new iteration.

In other words, Mgs fans "Let it go ... my son (the player)".

I still want a game about The Boss man. But I was expecting remakes of the first 2 Metal Gear games more.

Also now Big Boss has the same number of games where he is the playable character as Solid Snake(if you only count canon games and not count Twin Snakes)

As long as the gameplay holds up, i'm sold.

But I do honestly think they should use this new open world idea, with the primary systems found in MGS4... as a new IP. New character, new story. But whatever.. this is ambitious. I'm hoping for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    That's pretty much my thoughts whenever it comes to game series I really enjoy.

I...I think this is going to be awesome.
    "Trust him with me...I WANT TO WRONG JIGGLE."
    Crack Navigator for the Fandom Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post

But I do honestly think they should use this new open world idea, with the primary systems found in MGS4... as a new IP. New character, new story. But whatever.. this is ambitious. I'm hoping for more!
    Based on my experience the series, the story has always been more important and the gameplay served the storyline and not the opposite. I was never obsessed with finishing the game on multiple difficulties or having an online mode, that was never the point.

I would have prefered a remake of Metal Gear 2 solid Snake. I love the series but we should let it go.

Considering, the talent of Kojima, he could make new original series (Zone of the enders). Seeing the health of the gaming industry in Japan, everyone must be begging him to do another MGS game non stop.

Game itself sounds like it'll be cool but like others have said I wish they would just let the MG series end and use this chance to create a new IP. There's really no need to keep making prequel after prequel like they're doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Game itself sounds like it'll be cool but like others have said I wish they would just let the MG series end and use this chance to create a new IP. There's really no need to keep making prequel after prequel like they're doing now.
    Eh. I can see what you mean story-wise, but I've always enjoyed the gameplay more than the story, so that doesn't really matter to me much.

Also, I'll go ahead and point this out since it's kind of a point here. Gameplay always comes before story in games. It doesn't matter how good your story is if the gameplay isn't at least decent. In the case of MGS, I've always thought the story ranged from alright to enjoying it, but it's the gameplay that's always kept me around.

I'm sure it'll be enjoyable, and I suppose there's enough missing time in the story to make this. Engine supposedly has been designed right now for current gen consoles but for next gen as well. I'm kind of excited.

Edit: Oh and it being a stealth game is cool too. I always welcome stealth games.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; August 30th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Ya'know, the MGS games are kinda an odd thing for me. Most of the time I don't understand the story and I don't really love the gameplay... yet I dig the games. As such I'm excite for this.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Eh. I can see what you mean story-wise, but I've always enjoyed the gameplay more than the story, so that doesn't really matter to me much.

Also, I'll go ahead and point this out since it's kind of a point here. Gameplay always comes before story in games. It doesn't matter how good your story is if the gameplay isn't at least decent. In the case of MGS, I've always thought the story ranged from alright to enjoying it, but it's the gameplay that's always kept me around.
    Yea with this new engine and the promise of new ways to play it sounds pretty good, and enough of a change to make the gameplay stand out more as a focal point too. I know some dont want any games after MGS4, since it was a fitting end, but theres much more to tell as far as big boss goes and im definitely eager to get back in his shoes all the way up to outer heaven if thats what it leads to.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post
    I still want a game about The Boss man. But I was expecting remakes of the first 2 Metal Gear games more.

Also now Big Boss has the same number of games where he is the playable character as Solid Snake(if you only count canon games and not count Twin Snakes)
    As awesome as those would be, I think Kojima's gone on record and said he won't be remaking the first two Metal Gear games, as too many things would need to be changed in order to get them to fit with the stuff from Solid.

Is there really any value in them being remade anyways?

^ Aside from the fact that unless you buy MGS3: Subsistence, or the HD collection that features Subsistence there is no way to play the original/updated versions of the first two games.

And that's a lot for just two games.

8-4-play's new podcast episode goes indepth into the reveal and discusses/sums up a lot of information from the reveal event

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/2/

Apparently there was supposed to be 30 minutes of gameplay uploaded but the internet at the place they're at is slow and it'll take a couple hours. That sucks, I want to see it.

It's 15 minutes of gameplay. And IGN is stupid. They botched their exclusive with this.

From the sounds of it, Playstation blogs will have it. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...coming-to-ps3/

Check out the author comments (The red ones) in the comments section.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

There some screens on NeoGaf:
    Spoiler:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...489175&page=72

Graphics are amazing. Kojima said the video is shown how it'll look on current gen consoles, but that's hard to believe. If it's true, holy shit.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information