+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid V: Survive is some real far waters exploitation

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

A cool video about the medic in ground zeroes and ishmael in phantom pain.

There has to be something significant with his character considering that they have kiefer voicing him, because I'm sure he gets some good money for the voice work. But why would they both have the same voice? A theory is going around that he is possibly only an imagination of big boss that is helping him throughout the game. Maybe the medic really died in the paz explosion, and after those events and the 9 year coma, snake imagines him just like he will with some of the enemies from his past.

I'm just gonna leave these here:

Those map size comparisons never impress me with open-world games, cause at the end of the day it's AT LEAST 50% dead-space and if anything gets in the way of the narrative as you're forced to treck through it from objective to objective. MGSV has given me zero reason to believe it'll be any different in this design.

Some screens from the new trailer:

HURRY UP, E3!

Hopefully, the return of the cardboard box is a good sign - Ground Zeroes took itself way too seriously for my tastes, and I'm hoping this means the series' sense of humour will make a return in The Phantom Pain, even though it's still dealing with serious subject matter.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Those screens already have me pumped, as well as the map and that gameplay vid

Quote Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
    Hopefully, the return of the cardboard box is a good sign - Ground Zeroes took itself way too seriously for my tastes, and I'm hoping this means the series' sense of humour will make a return in The Phantom Pain, even though it's still dealing with serious subject matter.
    I agree, and i definitely hope there are more off the wall aspects that weve come to love from the series. Hopefully some more codecs, or at least tapes to a greater extent then we saw in 4 or peace walker. Im hoping they took enough feedback from ground zeroes to take that into consideration since we are still a ways off from release, and making it have a bit more of the older charm would still be a possibility at this stage.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

I'm just happy the ultra-ridiculous Fulton Recovery System is coming back. It was one of my favorite mechanics in Peace Walker! Also, Snake popping out of the box like a stripper tickles me pink.

Trailer for Phantom Pain leaked

This is on someone who caught it's account, the original video was put to private. Don't know how long it'll stay up.

Edit: Welp, video was made private. Should be at Microsoft's even in any case.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; June 9th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.

Managed to catch it.

Looks good of course. Not really much to add...

...if you've seen it. The end of course put a smile on my face.

You can also download the video of the trailer here (for the time being, anyway).

Trailer looks sweet. The Mike Oldfield song was alright.

a mood come alive.

Heres the full uncut trailer, definitely love that song (infact the music in every trailer has been good)

------

I preferred the trailer from last E3, cus it showed gameplay and had an awesome original song playing in the background. This one just had a bunch of stuff happening that said very little. Without proper context it's just a bunch of people torturing and fighting one another. Though I guess limiting stuff is Kojima's plan. Don't think he will reveal much.

hers a timeline from the conference, and since we see the word venom in the trailer, does that mean hes now venom snake rather then punished like the last trailer stated?

------

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    I agree, and i definitely hope there are more off the wall aspects that weve come to love from the series. Hopefully some more codecs, or at least tapes to a greater extent then we saw in 4 or peace walker. Im hoping they took enough feedback from ground zeroes to take that into consideration since we are still a ways off from release, and making it have a bit more of the older charm would still be a possibility at this stage.
    I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the amount of tapes we had in Peace Walker. While it ain't no codec, it still had that dialogue to it that MGS4's codec severely lacked, and it's a PS4 game.

Seriously though, MGS4 had only 2 people to choose from. And one never shut up about lowering your psyche gauge. Even more annoying was that she said "I've already told you methods on how to lower your psyche," when in fact, she never did, since the convos were cycled randomly.

But I agree with everything else, MGS should retain the level of quirkiness it always had.

I haven't played Ground Zeroes and I should probably just shut up until I do, but I'm assuming we're finally seeing the downfall of Big Boss and how he went crazy, seeing some of the things he does here, so I can see why they'd take it out as not to detract from the severity of it. I don't think it would take away from the seriousness anymore than the other games, 3 was still pretty serious and it had it's humor intact.

"The e-cigar (used to speed up time) emits holographic smoke."

This game is going to be the best thing ever.

More here: http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=14579

They streamed the 30 minute closed e3 demo, and you can find all of that footage here at gamespot

(and maybe we should just rename the thread MGS5, and merge it with the other or something if a mod can make that possible)
    Last edited by Venomous Warden; June 19th, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
    ------

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    They streamed the 30 minute closed e3 demo, and you can find all of that footage here at gamespot

(and maybe we should just rename the thread MGS5, and merge it with the other or something if a mod can make that possible)
    Big Boss descent into villainy with excellent visuals and gameplay ;

I have to make mention; That facial mo-cap is fucking incredible.

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V

I renamed the thread as suggested. As for merging... I'm not sure if I can do that.

Well, this thread is active. So yup!

Alright, I merged them... which i've never actually done before. Sooooo sorry if I fucked anything up.

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V

Aw darn you fucked things up, now the world's gonna explode and the Vogons are coming and humanity's gonna die and MGS5 got canceled. Noooooo.
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information