+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Singing Thread

  1. #1
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default The Singing Thread

    Well, Kenny suggested this to me in the post how your day was thread. It's a thread for people to post themselves singing, someone they know singing, singing critiques, horrible singing, beautiful singing, stupid singing, etc. You don't have to be super amazing a singing, and what you post doesn't have to be spectacular. Just have fun~

    I'll go first~

    Spoiler:


    This one is from around a year ago. It's me singing Journey to the Past from Anastasia~


    Spoiler:


    Another Anastasia song, Once Upon a December, which is one of my favorite songs. This one is older then the first vid by at least a year.


    Maybe I'll post a newer example later~
    Last edited by Sai-chan; August 13th, 2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: I gotta work on my vibrato.

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    fun idea!

    i can't sing unless i'm home alone though, so it might be a while before i contribute.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  3. #3
    Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Amestris

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Aww man, I can't do this just yet because I'm still at home, but I'll think about it. There's one song I always sing.


  4. #4
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    fun idea!

    i can't sing unless i'm home alone though, so it might be a while before i contribute.
    Take your time~ There's no need to rush. c:


    Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    Aww man, I can't do this just yet because I'm still at home, but I'll think about it. There's one song I always sing.
    SING IT GIRL. When your family ain't home. lol


    Imma sing Sally Gardens later okay guys okay

  5. #5
    Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Amestris

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    Take your time~ There's no need to rush. c:
    I think I read that partly in the voice of Moriarty. which makes it a little terrifying.
    SING IT GIRL. When your family ain't home. lol


    Imma sing Sally Gardens later okay guys okay
    I just realized... how will I record? I don't know these technologies. maybe there's a program built in windows 7....


  6. #6
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    ... omg I'm not Moriarty
    honestly
    just because i practically stalk you doesn't mean anything i swear


    If you have a webcam you usually have a pre-installed recording program. o: The one I have is called CyberLink YouCam.

  7. #7
    Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Amestris

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    ... omg I'm not Moriarty
    honestly
    just because i practically stalk you doesn't mean anything i swear


    If you have a webcam you usually have a pre-installed recording program. o: The one I have is called CyberLink YouCam.
    Don't kill me in my sleep.

    huh. I guess I'm gonna have to do a lot of digging around for that then! I think I found the mic, I just don't know where the record button is. Oh well. I'm sure it'll work out eventually...


  8. #8
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    Don't kill me in my sleep.

    huh. I guess I'm gonna have to do a lot of digging around for that then! I think I found the mic, I just don't know where the record button is. Oh well. I'm sure it'll work out eventually...
    I'm too nice to kill
    except for zomvbies

    Good luck~

  9. #9
    Ttorquaresz Nia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Crazy Bird-Lady from Germany

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    I just realized... how will I record? I don't know these technologies. maybe there's a program built in windows 7....
    If everything fails, use Audacity. At least I think there's a version for Windows 7 ... well, there should be. Audacity is great.

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    If everything fails, use Audacity. At least I think there's a version for Windows 7 ... well, there should be. Audacity is great.
    Audacity is your best bet. A simple but capable program, and of course free.

    I haven't uploaded anything of me singing, but just a few audio readings.
    I might do a recording of myself singing in the future (nothing grand).

  11. #11
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    You don't have to be great. :B I might just upload a vid of me singing random crap that comes to me just for fun. Why the hell not? lol

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Spoiler:


    Warning, turn your speakers down.


    Down by the Sally Gardens~

  12. #12
    Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Amestris

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Would you still kill One Piece zombies?

    and thanks for the recommendations. I probably won't get to experiment with mics until college, but I'll keep that one in mind.

    Just for the sake of keeping track, I'm probably gonna sing....

    Cheap Reward (cover) - Stephen Colbert
    Scarborough Fair - Paul Simon
    Bridge Over Troubled Water - Paul Simon

    I effin' love these songs. I didn't really have a hero growing up, but Paul Simon was like a big obsession for 3/4ths of the family. Heck, I didn't even know who he actually was until I was a teenager. Although it's pretty funny how mentioning his name got me really weird looks from people my age. Like... awkward.
    Last edited by piratemarimo; August 13th, 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: WHOOPS STUPID TYPO


  13. #13
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    I'm probably gonna sing Hey There Delilah, some Disney, Silent Night, and some other random songs. Most of them are rather slow. I'm not that good at singing high energy songs haha

    One Piece zombies are the only zombies I don't instinctively fear, because they're not TECHNICALLY zombies. lol Same with clowns. One Piece has a way of making my fears less scary.

  14. #14
    Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Amestris

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    I'm probably gonna sing Hey There Delilah, some Disney, Silent Night, and some other random songs. Most of them are rather slow. I'm not that good at singing high energy songs haha

    One Piece zombies are the only zombies I don't instinctively fear, because they're not TECHNICALLY zombies. lol Same with clowns. One Piece has a way of making my fears less scary.
    God help us if we ever figure out how to do the duets. Because then we should record the fandom song we did earlier. I just can't sing very high or hold notes... I mean, even training isn't much good if you're like me. I hated choir.

    guess that's a good point, I mean, Oda made them disco zombies for one.


  15. #15
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    God help us if we ever figure out how to do the duets. Because then we should record the fandom song we did earlier. I just can't sing very high or hold notes... I mean, even training isn't much good if you're like me. I hated choir.

    guess that's a good point, I mean, Oda made them disco zombies for one.
    I can barely sing high notes, and don't EVEN get me started on low notes. I cannot do low notes worth CRAP. lol I went into choir that year because I couldn't get into art, so choir. Yep. It was actually pretty fun, the teacher was kind, and all the other students were nice.

    Yup. That's why I love One Piece~

  16. #16

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    This thread doesn't deserve hearing my pipes.
    Last edited by Kitsune Inferno; August 14th, 2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Only those responsible for the death of children are "worthy"

  17. #17
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    But
    what if we wanna hear
    besides
    other people have to sing too
    this thread so far is just me singing
    I want other people singing as well

  18. #18

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    I made some real quick and held the rule that these did not have to be good close to my heart. These are not serious. (because if they were they'd be much worse)

    First one is a cover of this masterful work:


    http://vocaroo.com/i/s00fBXaEFYOi

    Second one is me trying & failing to sing the posts in this thread.

    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lQsvVgE0PG




  19. #19
    -COLATECHOCOLATECHOCO- Sai-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    eating the world's suppoly of chocolate

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    I made some real quick and held the rule that these did not have to be good close to my heart. These are not serious. (because if they were they'd be much worse)

    First one is a cover of this masterful work:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cqtq...eature=related

    http://vocaroo.com/i/s00fBXaEFYOi
    Hey, it's all in the spirit of fun~
    And it was fun to hear you sing that, lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Second one is me trying & failing to sing the posts in this thread.

    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0lQsvVgE0PG
    This.
    This right here. Is why you don't have to be amazing at singing or whatever. THIS HAD ME IN STITCHES OMG. It was like listening to some strange musical/opera and was hilarious kh;ahgda;
    Last edited by Sai-chan; August 14th, 2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Thanks for being the first to post your singing!

  20. #20

    Default Re: The Singing Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    Hey, it's all in the spirit of fun~
    And it was fun to hear you sing that, lol.



    This.
    This right here. Is why you don't have to be amazing at singing or whatever. THIS HAD ME IN STITCHES OMG. It was like listening to some strange musical/opera and was hilarious kh;ahgda;
    Hey sweet thanks lol. I'm always extremely timid about posting anything with my voice online. I'll go ahead and watch yours RQ.

    E1: I really like the spin you put on JttP. It sounds more chipper, if you don't mind me calling it that.
    Last edited by Demonicpoodle; August 14th, 2012 at 01:53 AM.


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts