+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 677: "Counter Hazard"

Default Re: Chapter 677: "Counter Hazard"

Quote Originally Posted by aori View Post
    Wait, was Moriah's confirmed active in that OP booklet?
    What OP booklet?
    I know more about One Piece than you FACT.

So, all the counter attack should be a shadow blitzkrieg, as Law and Smoker are dead men as soon as Virgo and CC discover they escaped !?

PS: I like how Zoro is letting the samurai play big, until the moment he will finally enter in action and the samourai will be like "WTF !?" :-D

Quote Originally Posted by GoustiFruit View Post
    So, all the counter attack should be a shadow blitzkrieg, as Law and Smoker are dead men as soon as Virgo and CC discover they escaped !?

PS: I like how Zoro is letting the samurai play big, until the moment he will finally enter in action and the samourai will be like "WTF !?" :-D
    Maybe Law changed the hearts and the one which CC thinks is Smoker's is actually Monet's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevar View Post
    It's strange that no one noticed that both of Killer's hands have been destroyed. On http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c677/2.html you can clearly see that his right hand is robotic and on http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c677/5.html you see his both robotic hands. Maybe Kidd and killer fought an emperor who has some problem with arms Shanks
    Or it could be some sort of gloves/bracers to hold his swords?!?!?!? not convinced they are robotic

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentice View Post
    Look at Luffy and Kidd pre-time skip. Look at all the insane stuff luffy did.
    LUFFY-Beat the strongest man in east blue, take out warlord, recruit the demon child with knowledge almost no one else in THE WORLD has, stormed Enies lobby, defeated Cp9.
    KIDD- Killed a lot of people, some of whom might have been prominent. (I assume, that's not stated anywhere)

Kids bounty was higher for accomplishing much less. Now you may be thinking "yeah but bounties are about threat" and that's true, which is why kids is higher. he's much more dangerous because he could just snap and start killing innocent civillians at a moments notice. However if you are a WG employee who do you think gets talked about more at the water cooler? Who do you think pirates want to meet? Who do you think makesthe newspaper headlines more? The guy who beat a warlord, stormed enies lobby and fought in the whitebeard war or a guy who is dangerous but nothing really juicy to talk about, gossip if you will.

We heard that Kid, Law, Drake and Hawkins have been "causing a sir" or something like that and that may be because they have been going around taking over territory, defeating warlords, or attacking the Government. Meanwhile Apoo may have been doing more "run of the mill" pirate things like a little pillaging there and a battle here but then when he comes up against Marine forces or enemy Pirate crews with notable fighters, he utterly wrecks there shit. I can see a person gaining bounty steadily from that but the general populace not having much to say about them because it's "normal" or "uninteresting" behavior.
    Well you're assuming kid didn't do any shit similar to Luffy's, but we'll not know. He might have done something worse, the fact that we dont know yet you can't assume it hasn't been done. And I doubt someone will gain a bounty of more than 200 with just doing boring stuff like pillaging etc. Its likely that all of them has caused a major upstair in one way or the other!

Quote Originally Posted by GoustiFruit View Post

I so do hope so tihihihi

Discovered Stowaway bryannmaina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    Fun chapter.

- Lol, Caribou's cover story came to quite an abrupt ending. Being only 3 covers reminds me of the crew cover stories during the war, which were 2 each. Maybe this will follow a similar path and jump from character to character for short sequences.
    The coverstory is not over yet... it only says 'Volume 3 - In The End Kehihihi' as in; in the end he didn't get to steal/keep the mermaids' , now he will focus on something else and possibly meet with VDD, or his Peer (that he need report too) and possibly try to kidnap Shirahoshi... Well anything can happen as this cover story is about Caribou

"caribou making peace with the kraken". sweet talking him and stuff so he doesn't get eaten.
    Veni, Vedi, Vici.

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld1991 View Post
    At least Kidd had the balls to go to NW without chicken out and training for 2 years unlike your favourite character.
    Well the thing is, since the Straw Hats are the protagonists of the story, they absolutely had to go under a two year training in order to justify their survival later on.

What I mean is that I'm pretty sure that if the crew had gone to the New World without training, guys like Luffy, Zoro and Sanji could have survived with more or less difficulty (maybe at the cost of a few limbs and scars). But what about the weakest members of the crew?

The first difference (plot wise) between the Kid Pirates and the Straw Hats is that it doesn't really matter if a random guy from Kid's crew dies (considering how full of scars Kid is, I'm pretty sure that it's safe to assume that a lot worse happened to other crewmembers and some of them didn't survive). But in the Straw Hats case, it wouldn't be ok if Usopp or Nami died, because they are the protagonists.

The second difference is that because the Straw Hats are the main focus of the story, they basically lack a lot of knowledge (or in Robin's case, they don't share it), meaning that we (readers) learn stuff at the same time the crew does. The plot actually holds back the growth of the Straw Hats (like them not knowing about haki because we, as readers, also didn't know about it) because every power or knowledge growth they may have must be justified, whereas in Kid's case, for example, it doesn't really matter how he knew about haki before or how he learned to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules197 View Post
    Well the thing is, since the Straw Hats are the protagonists of the story, they absolutely had to go under a two year training in order to justify their survival later on.

What I mean is that I'm pretty sure that if the crew had gone to the New World without training, guys like Luffy, Zoro and Sanji could have survived with more or less difficulty (maybe at the cost of a few limbs and scars). But what about the weakest members of the crew?

The first difference (plot wise) between the Kid Pirates and the Straw Hats is that it doesn't really matter if a random guy from Kid's crew dies (considering how full of scars Kid is, I'm pretty sure that it's safe to assume that a lot worse happened to other crewmembers and some of them didn't survive). But in the Straw Hats case, it wouldn't be ok if Usopp or Nami died, because they are the protagonists.

The second difference is that because the Straw Hats are the main focus of the story, they basically lack a lot of knowledge (or in Robin's case, they don't share it), meaning that we (readers) learn stuff at the same time the crew does. The plot actually holds back the growth of the Straw Hats (like them not knowing about haki because we, as readers, also didn't know about it) because every power or knowledge growth they may have must be justified, whereas in Kid's case, for example, it doesn't really matter how he knew about haki before or how he learned to use it.
    I detailed on an earlier post what I thought about this.

You're right, but there are more points. After the war :
    • Luffy had shown that he's got the Haoushuku Haki. Right at that moment, he became a threat, and the navy would have wanted to kill him as soon as possible, before he learned haki.
    • Luffy was shown as the son of Dragon. Not something common. Something that made him even more important to capture.
    • He was on the verge of losing his crew a while ago. He just lost his brother. When Rayleigh told him that he could train with him, it seemed really obvious that he couldn't refuse.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

More interested in with:

Kinemon meeting Law (Law will get fuuuuked up)
    Zoro meeting Tashigi (Love at first sight this time?)
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

ahh i see, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I see, thank you.

Still hoping that the scene isn't so humiliating with proper translation. Smoker is a joke so far, really saddening. I mean Oda showed us time and time again that Shichibukai > VA, but come on...it is Smoker.
    I don't really think the talk between Smoker and Tashigi was out of character or made Smoker look bad.

When Tashigi "begged" Law to remove their chains, Smoker scolded her, saying that it was shameful to ask mercy from a pirate. But Tashigi told him that at that moment they had to swallow their pride so that they could save the other marines and also fight Vergo and expose his true identity to the rest of the world.

Smoker understood that in that moment that was more important than trying to capture Luffy or Law, so he decided to cooperate with them, at least until everyone is safe and Vergo is caught.

Smoker loosing to Law is something which I don't really mind either... First because Law's fruit allows him to overwhelm opponents really fast, especially if they are caught off guard. It's one of those fruits that can take you out at the slightest distraction. And second because it would be weird if a Vice Admiral could win against a Shichibukai... That would mean that the World Government wouldn't actually need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    More interested in with:

Kinemon meeting Law (Law will get fuuuuked up)
    Zoro meeting Tashigi (Love at first sight this time?)
    Why would Law get fked up? He defeated the samurai before. At the very least they'll be on par with each other since he knows how Law's power works but not to the point of thrashing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Yeah, Killer seems to be really interesting, seeing his intelligence. But, this is not the first time that we can see him using his brain : we could also see this when he explained to Kidd the meaning of Luffy knocking the Ox Bell.
    I think he is the most intelligent pirate among the Supernova and kind of makes me think of Ben Beckman, even though his fighting style is different.

About bounties. I was surprised by Hawkin's one (i've got to admit that Urouge post made me notice it). But, I guess he isn't the kind that would do careless things, like Kid or even Apoo. But, it remains that, for now, he is the Supernova whose bounty had increased the less (excluding Zoro). For him, 71M berries, when he was amoung the most wanted ones...

And, the formation made of Smoker, Law, and Luffy really looks great ! Those 3 look pretty strong, and they surely are together. Knowing the power of the enemy, we know that the most serious oponents are Caesar and Vergo. Monet may be dangerous as well, but that doesn't change much things.
    It's a 3 vs Luffy, Zoro, Law, Smoker, (Kinemon ?), Tashigi. At least. I think that Law will not fight, at the beginning, as Virgo's got his heart. But, Sanji could get his body back, and there would be another strong fighter in the place.

This way, the result seems pretty obvious, even though Caesar power is really something, and that Vergo mustn't be some shitty opponent. We're at least in a 3 vs 6, and the Slime doesn't change much thing, IMO.
    Killer's was raised by only 38M but he wasn't one of the most wanted, and he's not a captain, so I guess that doesn't matter. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    odas perspective mishaps aren't anything new really what you should be surprised about is how long it's been since he's done it
    It doesn't seem weird to me at all. She's in the background, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndel View Post
    You're right. It's still funny to see. When was the last time? Marineford with the Shichibukai or the seakings at Fishman Island?
    Read reply to Marcelle. She's in the background. Further behind Robin. At least that's how I see it.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

I think One Piece represents that very well.

I was saying in general that it's not new that he does it from time to time
    Bitch! I love you. Stars above you.
    Shine like wine, girl you be fine!
    Now it's time to suck my dick!
    You better not spit, out our lovee <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomkey View Post
    This is pretty baseless, but I think Urouge and Capone are currently working for Blackbeard. Those two also came off as two of the weaker Supernovae to me, so it really wouldn't surprise me if they've gone under a Yonkou's wing. Same with Crocodile and Daz Bones. So we'll see them the next time we see Blackbeard...
    I hope that's not based off of bounties alone, because I thought Urouge was rather badass.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

I think One Piece represents that very well.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Urouge was okay, but he was rather one-dimensional. I also think that the absent Supernovae are absent for actual reasons, and that we've covered all the independent 'Novae. The remaining members are probably allied with Yonkō, and perhaps one has become a Shichibukai like Law.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Hawkins is making his cards levitate. Before her would place them on something that looked like wires. He must have unlocked some new abilities with his voodoo fruit.

Edit: Never mind he could always do that.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Killer spent his two years in the gym and drinking protein shakes through a straw. True story.

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

Not to mention grooming that clean cut beard of his

Ha I love Sanji's power up move XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information