View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 466 of 469 FirstFirst ... 366 416 456 464 465 466 467 468 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 9362

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

I think we've seen Kaido reading the newspaper in Onigashima so the waterfall is not an obstacle for the birds.

The birds probably can reach Wano easily, it's just that the country is a closed one. Its currency is different from the World GOvernment's, so they can't pay for the newspapers, and I'd bet that the birds are shot if seen, which would not stop them always but it does make it risky to send precious birds to a place where people can't pay for the service nor are interested in it.

Anyway, Kaido has a big enough organization to acquiere papers for himself.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

I'm leaning towards some possible national "shoot on sight" directive as being the simplest explanation. Only a matter of time before word would spread among the Newscoo themselves and/or their handlers, one way or the other.

At this point, most Wano peeps probably wouldn't even know what to make of a Newscoo provided they somehow come across one. "Looks like that weird bird's carrying a message or something...well whatever, dying over here fml bleh."

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

The only way it would make sense is if Orochi or Kaido had a dedicated unit to specifically shoot the birds on sight. But besides that Wano had its borders closed before Orochi and Kaido. So it makes me wonder what was Oden's dad's policy on it.

My thing though was about the average Wano citizen coming across the birds. Realistically speaking, there's no way they could police the sky's and keep the birds from coming over. Depending on whats the headline it might actually give some of them hope. So with that I'm left to think Wano just isn't on the world news paper route.
    Last edited by Zik; September 16th, 2021 at 10:28 AM.

Fake News Morgans' Network and influence seems to be vast if he was invited to Big Mom's Tea Party. So the easiest answer wouldn't be a technical one, but simply Morgans obeying the pecking order in the New World (maybe he even has a deal with Kaido).

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    The only way it would make sense is if Orochi or Kaido had a dedicated unit to specifically shoot the birds on sight. But besides that Wano had its borders closed before Orochi and Kaido. So it makes me wonder what was Oden's dad's policy on it.

My thing though was about the average Wano citizen coming across the birds. Realistically speaking, there's no way they could police the sky's and keep the birds from coming over. Depending on whats the headline it might actually give some of them hope. So with that I'm left to think Wano just isn't on the world news paper route.
    I think it's more a cost and reward thing.

Morgans don't send the newspapers free, they are paid for. Wano doesn't need to stop every newscoo: if the people can't pay (because they use another currency), the coos are shot frequently enough, and there's some deterrants against the population trying to get the news anyway (for instance, risk of prison or punishment against those found reading or distributing foreign news), the sending birds to Wano just becomes a risky operation because of low sales compared to loss of precious birds.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

You know what I find weird? Wano's borders are "closed" but it's not like they're inside some dome or a great wall blocking themselves off from the world. They're just really high up which really shouldn't be an obstacle since several pirates made their way to the sky islands.

So I'm just wondering how do they keep those newspaper birds from dropping the news off in the country? Were they sniping the birds out the sky and the papers fell in the ocean? Do those birds just naturally not fly near Wano?

Exactly how can Wano truly open its borders if they don't get the news?
    I think we saw the birds needing payment. I think I remember Nami dealing with that so if you dont pay you cant get news.

As for open borders I imagine generally letting people from Wano travel and not forcing outsiders to stay on the beach if Whitebeard is any indication to pre Orochi times. Also make the secret passage to get on there without crashing not a secret.

What does everyone think about the potential for Momonosuke's love life going forward?
    Before the age jump, Momo & Tama could've been potential love interests for each other.
    Now it would be "adult body+child brain" Momo with "child body+child brain" Tama. Doesn't seem right
    What about Momo ending up with an adult woman (any)?
    Then it would be "adult body+child brain" Momo with "adult body+adult brain" woman. Also doesn't seem right
    The only solution I can see is for Momo to refrain from getting as close to any women as he might like for a decade or two... even though he's jumped through puberty in a day and is bound to feel the effects from that.

I suspect developments will take place to revert Momonosuke back to his usual form, whether it be Vegapunk, Bonney or some choice space medicine. Or the side-effects of the Artificial Devil Fruit could kick in and mess with the effects of Shinobu's power reducing Momonosuke's age to a teenage range.

While Momonosuke is a child, he is quite mature and possesses a mind more developed than an average 8 year old. I don't see much issue in Momonosuke ending up in a body of a teenager. It may also set-up a potential Momonosuke x Shirahoshi ship. Pink Mermaid and Pink Dragon. Both possessing the power to communicate with Colossal Ancient Beasts. Momonosuke may just be Shirahoshi's type.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Syphin; September 17th, 2021 at 03:35 AM.

I file "Wano as isolationist" together with "Wano as old-fashionedly sexist" as "issues that on the surface should be bigger deals than they ultimately were". The isolationism specifically is just a lot more jarring considering "opening Wanos borders" is such a big plot point, but even pre-Kaido no one really seemed to give much of a shit about the borders in Wano. Like, it doesn't seem like theres any strong feelings about Wano keeping itself isolated, it just...was. Apart from when the plot needed Zoros sensei to be a migrant from Wano and such.

Well, we saw that Yasuie and his crew were very gung-ho about protecting the borders, and it was noted that Ryuma likewise fended off invaders looking to profit off the "Country of Gold." There's probably a lot more we haven't been made privy to as of yet, so far as Wano's history of fending off greedy outsiders goes.

Yeah but the perspective of "We must open the borders!" being what many of the most emotionally invested people have as their explicit goal, its a really undercooked plotline. Like, the scabbards don't even know exactly why they need to do it, just that its probably important. When Oden gives his huge dying speech about opening the borders, theres not really much of a reaction to it. Its weird. The clearest display of enforeced closed borders we've seen have been when Kaidous sentries attacked Big Moms approaching ship, and even those sentries can vanish whenever people need to reach Wano for plot reasons, such as Luffy.

I guess one could arguably see how Inu, Neko, and Kawamstu recognize the value in Wano opening the borders, given their brush with xenophobia and respective outside backgrounds.

But I do get what you're saying, particularly as it may pertain to the rest. One could rationalize I suppose it as a consequence of Oden and moreso Yasuie pushing them to expand their horizons, so to speak, but it still falls way short, so I agree with you there.

That said, I think the story's far from over, so we may see this explored more in depth...or not. But one possible route I could see Oda taking is further examining their own personal stakes here independent of latching onto Oden's dream, and thus tying back to Kaido's accusations to Momo 20 years back: how he was just repeating a dream that was foisted onto him. Not to say that's true or applies to the Scabbards, but could hint at an exploration into the topic in general; one's own wishes vs. fulfilling those of others, and where it can becomes difficult to distinguish between the two. I think we've arguably seen the seeds of this already planted.

But could always just be chalked up to "Oden's dream is our dream now blah blah..." Which would still fall well within the general thematic framework.

The wanoese don't get a say in it. Open, closed, it is as the lord decides is best.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The wanoese don't get a say in it. Open, closed, it is as the lord decides is best.
    We'll see. The Wanoese have proven to be a fickle bunch with a habit of flipflopping. If things go the way I think they will, we're probably going to see them bitching again, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    We'll see. The Wanoese have proven to be a fickle bunch with a habit of flipflopping. If things go the way I think they will, we're probably going to see them bitching again, rinse and repeat.
    It still wouldn't matter cuz it's not a democracy and clearly they won't attempt to overthrow the shogun given these would be the ppl that defeated Kaido and Orochi.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I wonder if Enel has conqueror's haki.

He destroyed Birka, conquered Skypeia, has the huge god complex, and is ambitious enough to want to travel to the moon, built a ship to get there when he had no assurances he'd even survive. Then when he got there he basically took control of a bunch of automatons.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Kusk View Post
    I think we've seen Kaido reading the newspaper in Onigashima so the waterfall is not an obstacle for the birds.
    It was courtesy of Orochi who gave it to Oden. And who knows if it was Kaidou himself who handed it to Orochi first, as we know newspaper somehow reaches Onigashima (Kaidou reading of Doffy's defeat, Yamato of Ace's death). Maybe there's a crewmate of his who just buy the newspaper out of Wano.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I wonder if Enel has conqueror's haki.

He destroyed Birka, conquered Skypeia, has the huge god complex, and is ambitious enough to want to travel to the moon, built a ship to get there when he had no assurances he'd even survive. Then when he got there he basically took control of a bunch of automatons.
    Pretty surely he should have it. I mean, he even has the predisposition to haki.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Is Blackbeard really evil?

Other than killing thatch.

What truly evil deed has he committed?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Is Blackbeard really evil?

Other than killing thatch.

What truly evil deed has he committed?
    He shows no honor, compassion or care towards others, thought. He seems to be a psychopath, lying, tricking and killing without any show of remorse or empathy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information