View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 465 of 469 FirstFirst ... 365 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 9369

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Was the reason why Inuarashi and Nekomamushi hated each other that... they suspected each other to be the traitor? Or I missed something else...?

Quote Originally Posted by crlsdc View Post
    Was the reason why Inuarashi and Nekomamushi hated each other that... they suspected each other to be the traitor? Or I missed something else...?
    They blamed each other for Oden's death. The traitor accusations were just a byproduct of it.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Does anyone remember that one time someone from WCI implied only Minks from Zou could use Electro?

I cant find it

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Does anyone remember that one time someone from WCI implied only Minks from Zou could use Electro?

I cant find it
    Are you referring to when Carrot said Randolph couldn't be a mink cause he couldn't use Electro? That was in Chapter 832.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Are you referring to when Carrot said Randolph couldn't be a mink cause he couldn't use Electro? That was in Chapter 832.
    No, its a Charlotte, or someone from the BM pirates that has a quick encounter and goes something like ; "uggh Sulong, seems like this Mink's from Zou"

or stuff like that.

playing a little cardgame Admiral Issho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    No, its a Charlotte, or someone from the BM pirates that has a quick encounter and goes something like ; "uggh Sulong, seems like this Mink's from Zou"

or stuff like that.
    i think that was daifuku before carotts decimates his fleet chapter 888 or something like that?
    all credits to benjamminbrown

If Shinobu dies/loses conciousness, does the aging effect get reversed? How do the mechanics work exactly?

Examples of DF powers that are NOT permanent:
    Rosinante's DF, his final moments keeping Law silent until Rosinante died.
    Sugar's DF, toys returning to being humans and memories restored after Sugar lost conciousness.
    Giola's DF, her painting powers disappeared after she lost control.
    Van der Decken's DF, when he lost conciousness, Noah started falling instead of following Shirahoshi.

Examples of DF powers that ARE permanent:
    Toki's DF, her sending half the Scabbards further in time before her (most likely) demise.

I'm pretty sure the effects of Shinobu's DF are permanent / irreversible. Just think of the first time we saw her use her ability to make a hole in the ground, I doubt that hole disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusk View Post
    If Shinobu dies/loses conciousness, does the aging effect get reversed? How do the mechanics work exactly?

Examples of DF powers that are NOT permanent:
    Rosinante's DF, his final moments keeping Law silent until Rosinante died.
    Sugar's DF, toys returning to being humans and memories restored after Sugar lost conciousness.
    Giola's DF, her painting powers disappeared after she lost control.
    Van der Decken's DF, when he lost conciousness, Noah started falling instead of following Shirahoshi.

Examples of DF powers that ARE permanent:
    Toki's DF, her sending half the Scabbards further in time before her (most likely) demise.
    DFs are like magic.
    If the effect requires dome “magical” force to sustain it, it ceases when the user is KO’ed. Examples: Rosinante’s silence fields.

But if the effect requires “magic” only to start it, and the result is natural and self-sustaining (ie: Shinobu’s aging), it’s maintained after the user is out.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Shinobu already said it was permanent.

I think she'd mention that her ability could be reversed if she was unconscious.

Then you could literally knock her out after Kaido is defeated and Onigashima is not in the air. Also, if that were the case Shinobu could create an aged Wano child army with every kid in Wano to further the chances of the raid succeeding.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I asked before on what Kidd's role will be going forward - if he's still gonna be a rival to Luffy, would it be necessary that Oda adds 1-2 notable crewmates for him?

His crew is so outclassed right now that they're not a threat to the SHP. Not even compete. Name-value alone, sure Luffy and Zoro are cancelled out by Kidd and Killer. But Vinsmoke Sanj and ex-Warlord Jimbei? Plus the looming Yamato powerhouse, can't see Heat and Wire holding a candle to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gol D. Silvers View Post
    I asked before on what Kidd's role will be going forward - if he's still gonna be a rival to Luffy, would it be necessary that Oda adds 1-2 notable crewmates for him?
    For what it's worth, and this is just my own speculation, I foresee Kidd stepping up to briefly become a real rival to Luffy, if only relatively briefly, by teaching him a very painful lesson in matters of trust and betrayal, which Luffy is long overdue; I firmly believe Kidd is going to do something to betray and really fuck over Luffy by the end of Wano, not only endangering his life, but taking the bulk of the credit for "defeating" Kaido.

I imagine he'll also walk away with Kaido's club, along with a good chunk of his troops. Maybe even gets awarded with the title of Yonko before Luffy, just to further rub it in....a precursor of things to come.

So yeah, instant blood feud that'll culminate in a future bout at a later place and time. Should Kidd becomes a Pirate Lord, defeating him is what will officially secure Luffy's place among their ranks. I suspect their fate battleground will end up Kano or thereabouts...Killer's anime vocalizations being just one of dozens of reason I think Luffy and co. will pay a stop to Kano in the future to have themselves their very own lil Journey to the West, with Kidd playing the role of Red Boy to Luffy's Sun Wukong/Goku.

How Kidd will go about measuring up to Luffy in terms of individual power, that's a different matter. But I suspect he, Killer, and some others will achieve or receive upgrades of their own before all's said and done. We're probably going to see everybody gearing/powering up for battle as all the world powers continue their military escalations. Guy's good with metal, cyborgs and tech are all the rage nowadays, maybe he'll somehow get someone to turn him into a cyborg?

That said, I don't see Kidd functioning as the exclusive big bad of any coming arc...more like a mid-boss in the midst of a larger overall storyarc. In this sense, even if his own crew may not be up to snuff overall, it it does mean the Strawhats in general may other issues and enemies dividing their attention at least, going Kidd and crew some leeway.

Whatever happens, I think Oda has distinct plans for Kidd becoming something more than just another cheerleader in the immediate future; we already got plenty of those as is. Kidd's in a prime position to push Luffy into interesting new directions.

I got a translation question about chapter 235, page 8, the bottom panel where Montblanc Cricket cheers on Luffy as he's leaving for Skypiea.

In the Swedish version he said "That's what we call romance!", a line that really stuck with me and helped cement my view on One Piece. But in what I assume is the official English translation he says "that's what makes it a Great Adventure!"

Spoiler:

So my question is: what'd he say in Japanese? Did he specifically mention Romance (like in Romance Dawn) or did he say something else?
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

His crew is so outclassed right now that they're not a threat to the SHP. Not even compete. Name-value alone, sure Luffy and Zoro are cancelled out by Kidd and Killer. But Vinsmoke Sanj and ex-Warlord Jimbei? Plus the looming Yamato powerhouse, can't see Heat and Wire holding a candle to that.
    Well Law did get Jean back in Saboady and I always liked that aspect of the story watching another notable crew get a member (I imagine Jean got his flashback and focus arc when they went to Fishman Island) so it'd be cool if Kid gained a samurai or ninja or something but there's not a lot of characters who aren't tied to Wano or Zou that are just up for adventure/become pirates.

Unless Orochi's oniwabanshu break up and feel they have to flee Wano.

Plus I'm not even sure Kid really will continue being Luffy's rival on a serious level. He may still talk like it but Luffy's the one thats going to be beat Kaido. I don't think he and Law are beating Big Mom. He'll just sail around the New World picking fights and then show up for the big war to fight the marines or something.

Would like to see Oda prove me wrong and give him a bigger role in the main story but I doubt it. He'd be lucky to get an arc where he's focused on.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I got a translation question about chapter 235, page 8, the bottom panel where Montblanc Cricket cheers on Luffy as he's leaving for Skypiea.

In the Swedish version he said "That's what we call romance!", a line that really stuck with me and helped cement my view on One Piece. But in what I assume is the official English translation he says "that's what makes it a Great Adventure!"

So my question is: what'd he say in Japanese? Did he specifically mention Romance (like in Romance Dawn) or did he say something else?
    Same word as in Romance Dawn, ロマン

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    Same word as in Romance Dawn, ロマン
    Fantastic, thank you!
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

Since Carrot is able to eat carrots without getting sick (carrots are super high in sugar for rabbits), are dog minks able to eat chocolate?

I know this is most likely Oda just following the misconception of carrots and rabbits, but the dog minks and chocolate question is still a pretty good question.
    Last edited by Zek; September 6th, 2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Well Law did get Jean back in Saboady and I always liked that aspect of the story watching another notable crew get a member (I imagine Jean got his flashback and focus arc when they went to Fishman Island) so it'd be cool if Kid gained a samurai or ninja or something but there's not a lot of characters who aren't tied to Wano or Zou that are just up for adventure/become pirates.

Unless Orochi's oniwabanshu break up and feel they have to flee Wano.

Plus I'm not even sure Kid really will continue being Luffy's rival on a serious level. He may still talk like it but Luffy's the one thats going to be beat Kaido. I don't think he and Law are beating Big Mom. He'll just sail around the New World picking fights and then show up for the big war to fight the marines or something.

Would like to see Oda prove me wrong and give him a bigger role in the main story but I doubt it. He'd be lucky to get an arc where he's focused on.
    Agreed. I remember Oda making a remark back in 2018 that he originally planned Kid to be a more important figure than Law but the latter's impact(tool used to bring them to Doflamingo and Kaido) will always be remembered. Plus was given the D. Initial later on. I doubt there's still time for Oda to build on Kidd as a serious rival. After Kaido, only the admirals and Blackbeard are credible threats.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ghidorah Guy View Post
    For what it's worth, and this is just my own speculation, I foresee Kidd stepping up to briefly become a real rival to Luffy, if only relatively briefly, by teaching him a very painful lesson in matters of trust and betrayal, which Luffy is long overdue; I firmly believe Kidd is going to do something to betray and really fuck over Luffy by the end of Wano, not only endangering his life, but taking the bulk of the credit for "defeating" Kaido.

I imagine he'll also walk away with Kaido's club, along with a good chunk of his troops. Maybe even gets awarded with the title of Yonko before Luffy, just to further rub it in....a precursor of things to come.

So yeah, instant blood feud that'll culminate in a future bout at a later place and time. Should Kidd becomes a Pirate Lord, defeating him is what will officially secure Luffy's place among their ranks. I suspect their fate battleground will end up Kano or thereabouts...Killer's anime vocalizations being just one of dozens of reason I think Luffy and co. will pay a stop to Kano in the future to have themselves their very own lil Journey to the West, with Kidd playing the role of Red Boy to Luffy's Sun Wukong/Goku.

How Kidd will go about measuring up to Luffy in terms of individual power, that's a different matter. But I suspect he, Killer, and some others will achieve or receive upgrades of their own before all's said and done. We're probably going to see everybody gearing/powering up for battle as all the world powers continue their military escalations. Guy's good with metal, cyborgs and tech are all the rage nowadays, maybe he'll somehow get someone to turn him into a cyborg?

That said, I don't see Kidd functioning as the exclusive big bad of any coming arc...more like a mid-boss in the midst of a larger overall storyarc. In this sense, even if his own crew may not be up to snuff overall, it it does mean the Strawhats in general may other issues and enemies dividing their attention at least, going Kidd and crew some leeway.

Whatever happens, I think Oda has distinct plans for Kidd becoming something more than just another cheerleader in the immediate future; we already got plenty of those as is. Kidd's in a prime position to push Luffy into interesting new directions.
    Hey man. I waa hoping for Oda having plans for Kidd too. And agree, the best that can be done, if Oda still intends for Kidd vs Luffy / Zoro vs Killer to happen is if they clash as mid-arc opponents. Like in a free for all situation in Skypeia. Outside of that, not sure how he can build on Kidd. Luffy is way ahead of him. Law's more important going forward having shown interest with the meaning of D.

A tad bit disappointed because Kidd's devil fruit had so much potential! Instead he's just gathering junk and scraps to form a big hand and whack people. Was hoping for Magneto-like use-cases ☺️

Agreed. I remember Oda making a remark back in 2018 that he originally planned Kid to be a more important figure than Law but the latter's impact(tool used to bring them to Doflamingo and Kaido) will always be remembered. Plus was given the D. Initial later on. I doubt there's still time for Oda to build on Kidd as a serious rival. After Kaido, only the admirals and Blackbeard are credible threats.
    Yeah, Law's popularity screwed over Hawkins and Kid big time.

They're side and support characters/antagonists in the big yonkou saga. Plus after this seems like Oda is moving on to use the last two supernova, Bonney and Urouge. Drake at the most may have some focus later on.
    Last.fm

You know what I find weird? Wano's borders are "closed" but it's not like they're inside some dome or a great wall blocking themselves off from the world. They're just really high up which really shouldn't be an obstacle since several pirates made their way to the sky islands.

So I'm just wondering how do they keep those newspaper birds from dropping the news off in the country? Were they sniping the birds out the sky and the papers fell in the ocean? Do those birds just naturally not fly near Wano?

Exactly how can Wano truly open its borders if they don't get the news?
    Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information