View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

    101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

    9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

    8 1.86%
  • Dragon

    75 17.40%
  • Akainu

    27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

    3 0.70%
  • Kaido

    42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

    1 0.23%
  • the grosei

    18 4.18%
  • Garp

    7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

    1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

    100 23.20%
  • Marco

    6 1.39%
  • Kuma

    4 0.93%
  • other

    29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 468 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 9349

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

  1. #9181

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    When exactly did Kaido start getting the Smile fruits? I get the feeling they were a relatively recent acquisition, because Poker and Babanuki didn’t seem to have the Smile fruit powers when Ace was at Wano four years ago.


    https://i.ibb.co/ZgNP5DL/835262-DD-3...-D01-A3125.jpg


    https://i.ibb.co/CtQYhGz/5-CE15417-0...04-F6-CE95.jpg
    Well Dofla talked about the age of smiles at Sabody 2 years ago, and said that he didn't care for slavery business anymore. So I think at the least, Smiles existed 2 years ago. Plus Caesar was a govt scientist under Vegapunk 4 years ago, so it is unlikely he was making SAD back then. He returned to Punk Hazard 3 years ago, so that is the most likely starting point of Smiles
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

  2. #9182
    its been a long journey huron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    north italy,near venice

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Why didn't Oden call Whitebeard via dendenmushi..." hey big bro I am in troubles come help me "?
    He and Toki would still be alive,Wano would be free,Kaido would be dead

  3. #9183
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by huron View Post
    Why didn't Oden call Whitebeard via dendenmushi..." hey big bro I am in troubles come help me "?
    He and Toki would still be alive,Wano would be free,Kaido would be dead
    Probably the same reason for the next 20 years Whitebeard never bothered to go to Wano again even after hearing about Kaido making it his headquarters.

    I call in to question WB and his love for his "family". Seems unable to save anybody and waits too long to even try.

    If he felt some way about Ace going after BB, he should've sent Marco or Jozu to shadow him. If he cared about Oden, he'd have come back to visit but I get the feeling he stopped caring when Oden became a Roger pirate and then Roger became pirate king cuz Roger straight up told him anything and he didn't even bother to check on him despite the Wano members in his crew.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  4. #9184
    Discovered Stowaway Riddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    I thought there were no dendenmushis in Wano twenty years ago? Kinemon certainly seemed very surprised when he first saw one in Punk Hazard.

  5. #9185
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by huron View Post
    Why didn't Oden call Whitebeard via dendenmushi..." hey big bro I am in troubles come help me "?
    He and Toki would still be alive,Wano would be free,Kaido would be dead
    Big trust in the prophetic arrival of Joyboy and cooperating with him was his priority.



  6. #9186

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Probably the same reason for the next 20 years Whitebeard never bothered to go to Wano again even after hearing about Kaido making it his headquarters.

    I call in to question WB and his love for his "family". Seems unable to save anybody and waits too long to even try.

    If he felt some way about Ace going after BB, he should've sent Marco or Jozu to shadow him. If he cared about Oden, he'd have come back to visit but I get the feeling he stopped caring when Oden became a Roger pirate and then Roger became pirate king cuz Roger straight up told him anything and he didn't even bother to check on him despite the Wano members in his crew.
    I suppose Whitebeard figured Oden must have gone his own way after the Roger Pirates disbanded and didn’t find out about Oden until it was far too late for him to do anything about it or saving Wano in general despite it being his little brother’s home. He must have felt that his former Rocks crew mate Kaido was far too much trouble to deal with, and that Whitebeard felt like he could handle the Marines when it came to saving Ace.
    Last edited by electricmastro; June 29th, 2021 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #9187
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I suppose Whitebeard figured Oden must have gone his own way after the Roger Pirates disbanded and didn’t find out about Oden until it was far too late for him to do anything about it or saving Wano in general despite in being his little brother’s home. He must have felt that his former Rocks crew mate Kaido was far too much trouble to deal with, and that Whitebeard felt like he could handle the Marines when it came to saving Ace.
    Cowardice!

    I mean Toki, Momo, Hiyori were all on his crew. Izo still was. I'm more than sure his crew and all his allied forces would do a better job than Luffy and Momo are currently doing. Especially at a time where he's more in hid prime than when he went to save Ace.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  8. #9188

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    16 characters of Ace was speshul

  9. #9189

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Cowardice!

    I mean Toki, Momo, Hiyori were all on his crew. Izo still was. I'm more than sure his crew and all his allied forces would do a better job than Luffy and Momo are currently doing. Especially at a time where he's more in hid prime than when he went to save Ace.
    He must have thought Hiyori was dead along with Toki, and that Momo hadn’t arrived in the future yet. Izo was already with him too, so as much as it comes off as selfish that Whitebeard didn’t save Wano for Oden’s sake, it could also come off as selfish to put himself and his family at risk for revenge over someone close to him who’s already dead, in addition to the gigantic task of saving an entire country. I guess that was just the pirate way for him.

  10. #9190
    Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    This was touched on in Chapter 999. There's a difference between going to war to save a comrade and going to avenge them - the latter results in more WB Pirates meeting their doom. Even in Marineford when Ace died, WB had the rest of his crew retreat still for their safety.


    Spoiler:

  11. #9191

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    That whole no what if it was dangerous cop out really gutted WB for me. Moved him from man with literally the biggest balls on the ocean and a simple but badass creed to guy who talks a big game.

  12. #9192
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    That whole no what if it was dangerous cop out really gutted WB for me. Moved him from man with literally the biggest balls on the ocean and a simple but badass creed to guy who talks a big game.
    I support this message. I stand by the idea that only Roger should have been involved in the Oden flashback.



  13. #9193

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    That whole no what if it was dangerous cop out really gutted WB for me. Moved him from man with literally the biggest balls on the ocean and a simple but badass creed to guy who talks a big game.
    Whitebeard couldn't care less about that in favor of focusing on his family and village, so I'm not sure what else to tell ya.

  14. #9194
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    He must have thought Hiyori was dead along with Toki, and that Momo hadn’t arrived in the future yet. Izo was already with him too, so as much as it comes off as selfish that Whitebeard didn’t save Wano for Oden’s sake, it could also come off as selfish to put himself and his family at risk for revenge over someone close to him who’s already dead, in addition to the gigantic task of saving an entire country. I guess that was just the pirate way for him.
    Nothing about it is selfish. Oden was a Whitebeard pirate. A Whitebeard division commander. He was murdered along with his wife who was a friend. I'm pretty sure WB knew nothing about Toki sending anyone to the future.

    It really just seems like he let Oden go with Roger and he stopped caring.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    This was touched on in Chapter 999. There's a difference between going to war to save a comrade and going to avenge them - the latter results in more WB Pirates meeting their doom. Even in Marineford when Ace died, WB had the rest of his crew retreat still for their safety.
    Actually no. Whitebeard gave the command to retreat before Ace died. It was basically go on and be a crew and leave me to die.

    Ace stuck around cuz of meaningless words like an idiot then cuz of that he was forced to sacrifice himself for his brother.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  15. #9195

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Marco said they only knew about Oden's years after the fact and that by then the country was already in the hands of Kaidou.
    They could go to war but they would've destroyed the country in the process, not save it.

    But Marineford was a free for all, it was just a marine base.
    If they didn't need to rescue Ace, Whitebeard could've easily sunken half of the island (all of it if there were no Admirals and above present).

  16. #9196

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I support this message. I stand by the idea that only Roger should have been involved in the Oden flashback.
    Aye. I can only hope that Oda regrets transforming WB into excuses-beard just for an excuse to cram him into the Oden flashback

  17. #9197

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    I thought there were no dendenmushis in Wano twenty years ago? Kinemon certainly seemed very surprised when he first saw one in Punk Hazard.
    Even now they only use their own version(smails), which have weaker signals.

  18. #9198

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Aye. I can only hope that Oda regrets transforming WB into excuses-beard just for an excuse to cram him into the Oden flashback
    Well it being Shonen, it gave a good excuse to have Whitebeard vs. Roger even if just a glimpse. It also gave motivation for Marco and Izo.

  19. #9199

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Will the other Supernova get arcs catered to them?

    Law got Dressrosa and Bege got WCI arc. Wano doesn't feel personal enough for Killer and Kid. They were infiltrated, set up, drowned and imprisoned, but it doesn't hit their background like it did for Bege and Law.

    Maybe every Supernova don't get one. Bonney and Urouge might get their own tho. Bonney due to the Kuma connection and Urouge because he feels like the least utilized one. Urouge comes off too obvious.

  20. #9200

    Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Will the other Supernova get arcs catered to them?

    Law got Dressrosa and Bege got WCI arc. Wano doesn't feel personal enough for Killer and Kid. They were infiltrated, set up, drowned and imprisoned, but it doesn't hit their background like it did for Bege and Law.

    Maybe every Supernova don't get one. Bonney and Urouge might get their own tho. Bonney due to the Kuma connection and Urouge because he feels like the least utilized one. Urouge comes off too obvious.
    I guess Bonney will. Urouge is a mystery, there's this theory that he's the 10th Titan, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up true.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts