View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 445 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445
Results 8,881 to 8,893 of 8893

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Since Robin grows body parts I think growing a full body makes sense. I dontdthink it should be able to walk tho. Doffly making clones that looks human is quite strange. I am quite unsure how that works.
    Doffy's first (and continuing) use of his strings was to puppet people around so it makes perfect sense for him to construct a makeshift puppet on the other end of his strings to fit the motif.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Doffy's first (and continuing) use of his strings was to puppet people around so it makes perfect sense for him to construct a makeshift puppet on the other end of his strings to fit the motif.
    You are talking about motif not how his power works. Also I don't think clones and puppet are the same motif.

Discovered Stowaway

You are talking about motif not how his power works. Also I don't think clones and puppet are the same motif.
    That's like saying Hawkins' straw shouldn't have the ability to wield Voodoo dolls but he can. So clearly motifs play a part in the actual wielding of the power.

Or how Viola could use whale tears as an attack having vision powers because of.... eye things.

Still, good catch with the puppet / clone thing
    Doffy COULD have made any puppet he wanted, not only a clone of himself.

Guy can stitch together his torn organs, so...

Maybe we will have a clue when we find out about the origin of Devilfruits. I mean, isn't the weird thing how people find out about specific possibilities to use their powers? Sure some are more obvious than others, but how did Sugar found out about the contract-thing? Maybe it's enough to know that there is an unbelievable amount of techniques to make use of on a single DF. We most likely just grasp the tip of the iceberg; which makes it the more interesting to see how - let's say - Sabo, Blackbeard and Shilliew will make use of their fruits in contrast to their predecessors.

The most likely thing, will be seeing Sabo use his "breath" technique like in Dressrosa, which I am assuming is the advance haki Luffy is learning now., but it being "Fire Breath". So we see flames erupting.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

That's like saying Hawkins' straw shouldn't have the ability to wield Voodoo dolls but he can. So clearly motifs play a part in the actual wielding of the power.
    I think It's closer to Viola making whales which I also find to be BS. Either her powers make her see far or it makes whales. The strings were simply sharp strings until suddenly they could take every aspects of a human from shape to color to talking to sweating. A devil fruit should have one power not a bunch. But that's my personal distaste for the Post timeskip fruits.

I still stand that Oda had made abrupt design change on Cracker, ergo the biscuit soldier.

Discovered Stowaway

I think It's closer to Viola making whales which I also find to be BS. Either her powers make her see far or it makes whales. The strings were simply sharp strings until suddenly they could take every aspects of a human from shape to color to talking to sweating. A devil fruit should have one power not a bunch. But that's my personal distaste for the Post timeskip fruits.

I'm just saying at least Hawkins' and Doflamingos' special talents make some semblance of sense. But yeah, Viola's was preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    I still stand that Oda had made abrupt design change on Cracker, ergo the biscuit soldier.
    Was it ever shown that Cracker was using Haki to empower his biscuits? Luffy already had an impossible time breaking them without Nami's help so if Cracker wasn't even using Haki to strengthen their defense it would be even more impressive. Otherwise he just majorly dropped the ball and deserved to get whupped the way he did.

Why the hell is Robin creating a body double BS? Her power is literally to recreate body parts and use them normally, a body is simply connecting the body parts.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm just saying at least Hawkins' and Doflamingos' special talents make some semblance of sense. But yeah, Viola's was preposterous.

Was it ever shown that Cracker was using Haki to empower his biscuits? Luffy already had an impossible time breaking them without Nami's help so if Cracker wasn't even using Haki to strengthen their defense it would be even more impressive. Otherwise he just majorly dropped the ball and deserved to get whupped the way he did.
    Unless you have Awakening, you apparently can only use Haki on your DF "products" if you are in contact with them, so Cracker did use Haki when he was inside the armor himself, he could not when he had the biscuits in front of him, but in exchange, he constantly recreated the shields once they got broken.

Viola just produced or drained a mass amount of tears. What form it took doesn't matter at all. That amount should destroy her in real life, but it's OP and she either stored that amount over a large amount of time or she produced it as part of her DF power like Doffy makes strings or Cracker makes Biscuits from nothing at times.

I look at DF abilities as not just 1 dimensional, but the lore of what it's connected to. Voodoo Dolls are made from straw, but straw is the subject of Hawkin's Df. Genies/Jinns come from vessels, mostly a lamp. Daifuku is said to be a lamp human with steam (i think), so he was able to produce the figure that appears as a Genie and can be ridiculously huge and strong.

Sugar and Law are actually the best examples of DF having capabilities coming with an interesting subject with lore.

I view Devil Fruit abilities as following a general motif of sorts rather than any straightforward abilities, so I never had any real issue with it. Viola's whale tear thing was a little weird admittedly, but even that is apparently a reference to some pun if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I view Devil Fruit abilities as following a general motif of sorts rather than any straightforward abilities, so I never had any real issue with it. Viola's whale tear thing was a little weird admittedly, but even that is apparently a reference to some pun if I recall correctly.
    This may have nothing to do with it, but I read before that Whales have almost alien like communication skills. Alien in the sense that their intelligence is novel like. It can be explained on how they can learn and apply what they learn in human terms. With Viola having an awareness/communicative based ability, I guess using a whale to illustrate how strong her skill would be symbolic.

This is all reach like assumptions, so it can't even be a theory.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information