View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 440 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 8789

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

So could katakuri survive being bifurcated?

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    I believe so. His fruit allows him to turn his body into mochi and act almost exactly like a Logia. We've seen him launch and regrow his fist; it's not much of a stretch to think he can split and reform like other Logias.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post

Spoiler:

since luffy could defeat the strongest commander from a yonkou , do you think Luffy has surpassed Ace now? What about Marco?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    since luffy could defeat the strongest commander from a yonkou , do you think Luffy has surpassed Ace now? What about Marco?
    Ace had a 10 day fight with Jinbe that ended in a draw so if you think Luffy has clearly defeated Jinbe at any time that could give you an idea.
    Marco seemed to be on an equal footing with Borsalino so that could give you an idea of how they stand as well.

If you de-Devil Fruit Chopper so that he's reverted back to a regular reindeer (as opposed to simply depowered like in water), would he still be able to speak human speech?
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by FelRes View Post
    If you de-Devil Fruit Chopper so that he's reverted back to a regular reindeer (as opposed to simply depowered like in water), would he still be able to speak human speech?
    I don't think so. He would probably be smarter than a regular reindeer but I don't think he would speak.

no.
    he would lack both a mind complex enough to be able to speech and the vocal cords to reproduce human sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    no.
    he would lack both a mind complex enough to be able to speech and the vocal cords to reproduce human sounds
    I was thinking the former, but the latter is challenged by Pappug who is just a normal starfish.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

I was thinking the former, but the latter is challenged by Pappug who is just a normal starfish.
    well pappug is considered strange anyway, so you can just count him as some kind of freakish pun-induced mutation...meanwhile as far as we know chopper was just a normal reindeer before the fruit..well if you don't count the blue nose.

As far as we know Pappug is normal too.

does franky still have his "little boy" ? Wasn't his back the only thing left from his real body ?
    Also , how do franky and brook eat? They don't have the organs to process the food from what I remember

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    does franky still have his "little boy" ? Wasn't his back the only thing left from his real body ?
    Also , how do franky and brook eat? They don't have the organs to process the food from what I remember
    franky modified the front oh his body,it was damaged, not missing..so it might have been badly bruised last time,but now he has probably a shiny metal one with the vibration option too...also he has for sure his balls since that's where robin grabbed him.

how does he eat? he probably rewired his organs so that the stomach isn't where he is supposed to be but it's still there

how does brook eat it's still a mistery though,his fruit seems to spit in the face of everything, he can basically do everything a human that is alive can do without having any of the parts that would make him able to do so...he can speak without vocal cords,move without muscles, eat (and poop) without digestive system, cry (and see) without eyes and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    As far as we know Pappug is normal too.
    his ability to speak is presented as exceptional as far as i can remember

During the party after the events of Punk Hazard, Brook has a tongue in one panel

Brook is just Brook, he will never make sense.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    franky modified the front oh his body,it was damaged, not missing..so it might have been badly bruised last time,but now he has probably a shiny metal one with the vibration option too...also he has for sure his balls since that's where robin grabbed him.

how does he eat? he probably rewired his organs so that the stomach isn't where he is supposed to be but it's still there

how does brook eat it's still a mistery though,his fruit seems to spit in the face of everything, he can basically do everything a human that is alive can do without having any of the parts that would make him able to do so...he can speak without vocal cords,move without muscles, eat (and poop) without digestive system, cry (and see) without eyes and so on.

his ability to speak is presented as exceptional as far as i can remember
    By that logic Brook should be able to succumb to the effects of poison but I'm betting that will be one of the 'have your cake and eat it too' bonuses of being a skeleton if he ever does ingest something with poison or sedatives.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    By that logic Brook should be able to succumb to the effects of poison but I'm betting that will be one of the 'have your cake and eat it too' bonuses of being a skeleton if he ever does ingest something with poison or sedatives.
    Brooke already did, when they all were poisoned with sleeping gas. They left him behind because they thought he was a corpse. In Punk Hazard.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

When will Sanji show that he Is stronger than Jinbe?

Quote Originally Posted by T€]@$ View Post
    When will Sanji show that he Is stronger than Jinbe?
    My prediction, in exactly 4 chapters from now.

Though honestly I think Oda will keep the difference in capability between Zoro, Sanji and Jimbei as minuscule and as ambiguous as possible. Though when looking at the start of the time skip it seems like Zoro can do no wrong lol. Wano should be an extreme test for all 3 of them fighting comparable enemies that would probably best suit their fighting styles.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    My prediction, in exactly 4 chapters from now.

Though honestly I think Oda will keep the difference in capability between Zoro, Sanji and Jimbei as minuscule and as ambiguous as possible. Though when looking at the start of the time skip it seems like Zoro can do no wrong lol. Wano should be an extreme test for all 3 of them fighting comparable enemies that would probably best suit their fighting styles.
    Thanks for the reply. Can you please elaborate on why you think in four chapters? It's making me feel excited.

I've been thinking about the strawhats' strength evolution.

Back in East Blue and for a long time, the monster trio has been portrayed has 3 very strong characters, no matter the arc.
    One trained for 10 years with wild beasts among other mortal dangers.
    One was trained in a small but surely very good dojo.
    One was raised by the legend Zeff (experiencing his techniques himself).

When they start their journey, there really isn't much of a difference in their abilities. And there shouldn't be. Hell, one could argue that Zeff's techniques from Grand Line are above anything you could learn in Zoro's little dojo. (I mean there might secrets ties to Wa but we don't know that yet).

They kept experiencing similar experiences during the first half of the series. Making them grow equally.
    -Little Garden hunting contest came to a draw and echoed with Dorry and Broggy who kept fighting equally for 100 years.
    -teaming up in the Davy Back Fight
    -fighting Mr 1 and Mr 2 who themselves were fighting each other in the spider coffee
    -fighting Kaku and Jabura who have only a 100 douriki difference
    -they were the only one still standing after Kuma's Ursus Shock
    And I am sure you can bring up many other examples.

Honestly the only arc where Sanji felt left behind was Skypiea where he defeated 10% survival ordeal with Luffy and Usopp. While Zoro defeated the 0% alone. The gap isn't huge but there was the 3% between defeated by Wipper. Meaning that Sanji's opponent, for once, wasn't the third strongest after Zoro's opponent.

Meanwhile Luffy faced much more dire situations. I believe he grew faster than Zoro and Sanji. The ridiculous gap between the major vilains and their top officers is enough evidence.

But what happened during the time skip ?
    Luffy trained with pirate king's right hand man and even more dangerous wild beasts.
    Zoro trained with the freaking strongest swordman.
    Sanji trained with the okamas.

Obviously two of those training far surpasses the last one. I am not underestimating Iva. Okama Kenpo is crazy strong, we saw it in Marineford. BUT SANJI DIDN'T LEARN IT. I know many believe that Sanji is hiding this power up and you might be right. But as far as we know it doesn't exist. Sanji learned 99 recipes from the okamas. And he learned Skywalk alone! He probably got haki from Iva.
    But not any martial artist can teach an other. You can only improve your karate so much with a kung fu teacher :D

While Rayliegh is amazing, you could argue the same thing. Rayliegh's fighting style is completely different from Luffy's. There are no doubts that Luffy thought of Gear 4th on his own. Rayliegh only taught him haki.

Meanwhile Zoro improved his sword skills....with the best swordman in the world. The difference is huuuuge. The Zoro that ended all his fights covered in blood has yet to be injured after the time skip.
    While Sanji faces difficulties on a regular basis. And then Jinbe comes in.

But is that really a problem ? Let's remember what the two boys dreams are ?
    To be the greatest swordman and to find All Blue.
    Would it actually make sense for them to stay equal like they were pre time skip ? I don't think so. And you better believe that I am a Sanji fan :p
    It makes no sense for the strongest swordman to be in the same tier as his cook whose objective was never related to strength.
    It would not make sense either for Mihawk and Ivankov to dispense the same quality of training. Not to mention that Sanji's training was only partially related to fighting.

I really believe that Zoro started the second half of One Piece much stronger than Sanji.
    But paradoxically it didn't play out as an advantage. Destroying his opponents didn't improve any of his skills. On the contrary, he might grow rusty. Not unlike Katakuri who had not be injured in years.
    Meanwhile Sanji and Luffy keep facing very difficult situations.
    I believe that they have the potential to grow faster than Zoro.

Unfortunately only Luffy does. Because Oda doesn't let Sanji learn stuff. He had an opportunity to grow against Vergo but the fight never resumed. He only got to exchange only a few hits with Doffy as well.
    And he has only performed hit and run in the current arc. He needs a real fight to surpass his own limits.

So basically both Sanji and Zoro have stopped growing. One doesn't get difficult fights and the other doesn't finish his fights.
    Only Luffy has progressed in recent arcs.

I am sure that Sanji will get those full fledged fights, and grow much stronger and surpass Jinbe by an obvious margin. Making the monster trio a real thing again.
    But Zoro will eventually find serious opponents soon. Certainly in Wa. And he will start growing again.

In conclusion, they will both get stronger soon, but Zoro is already ahead after the time skip. So he will stay ahead until the end.

If you don't want to read my bad english, here is a little graphic that sums up my thoughts.

Of course it's exaggerated to be clearer. There are no real scales. Power can't be measured that precisely.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information