View Poll Results: who is the strongest now living char in OP?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shanks

101 23.43%
  • Mihawk

9 2.09%
  • Kizaru

8 1.86%
  • Dragon

75 17.40%
  • Akainu

27 6.26%
  • Big Mom

3 0.70%
  • Kaido

42 9.74%
  • Kuzan

1 0.23%
  • the grosei

18 4.18%
  • Garp

7 1.62%
  • Sengoku

1 0.23%
  • Blackbeard

100 23.20%
  • Marco

6 1.39%
  • Kuma

4 0.93%
  • other

29 6.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 421 of 422 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411 419 420 421 422 LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 8439

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

LOL, okay. So he was basically doing his usual Luffy thing and Doflamingo was having the same kind of problem dealing with him in particular that Enel had, I guess. Luffy is such the chosen one, isn't he? Like a Naruto but not lame.

When's the last time zoro took a hit, or a cut even? Pre timeskip?
    HEAVY VOODOO-PANTHER SALVO!

Quote Originally Posted by enkidude View Post
    When's the last time zoro took a hit, or a cut even? Pre timeskip?
    Getting shock by Carrot when they arrived on Zou? Or do you mean a physical hit?

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

It was Carrot. He fell asleep at Punk Hazard and nearly drowned at Fishman Island but that's it. Zoro has had the cleanest track record since the time skip. Because of this I keep wondering if he is going to hit some major wall that humbles him a bit just before he over comes it. I used to feel the same way about Usopp before Peronah only in reverse.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Zoro, stumbling

pfffffffft
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Getting shock by Carrot when they arrived on Zou? Or do you mean a physical hit?
    I'll definitely count that. I forgot about it obviously. He was legitimately caught off guard and could have been seriously injured. Carrot almost killed luffy on the sunny.

Another question, are we finally going to get the pirate luffy vs commander katakuri title this chapter or does Oda just not do thst anymore because there's always 18 other plotlines running

Quote Originally Posted by enkidude View Post
    I'll definitely count that. I forgot about it obviously. He was legitimately caught off guard and could have been seriously injured. Carrot almost killed luffy on the sunny.

Another question, are we finally going to get the pirate luffy vs commander katakuri title this chapter or does Oda just not do thst anymore because there's always 18 other plotlines running
    We had one for Sabo vs Fujitora and one for Law vs Doflamingo so it's not impossible to get one in the last chapter of battle or when things become more even.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    It was Carrot. He fell asleep at Punk Hazard and nearly drowned at Fishman Island but that's it. Zoro has had the cleanest track record since the time skip. Because of this I keep wondering if he is going to hit some major wall that humbles him a bit just before he over comes it. I used to feel the same way about Usopp before Peronah only in reverse.
    You forget almost getting oneshotted by Fujitora

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    You forget almost getting oneshotted by Fujitora
    Oh yeah, he did get pinned down and stuff. I still remember people assuming that Zoro was ready to defeat an Admiral at that time. Hold is own sure, but defeat?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

yes lol, sometimes people really get to lose their mind "obvs Doffy is stronger than Fujitora because he's not scared of him and Fujitora doesn't even dare laying a finger on Doflamingo. Which means that Zoro will fight the one swordsman on the island that is just below Dofflamingo's level-- FUJITORA !!!" "They trained 2years for a reason! "

It was probably more because of Doflamingo's insane fanbase than Zoro's honestly.

I was thinking it within the context of a 2v2: Luffy, Zoro vs Fuji and Mango.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Can Senor Pink swim through ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    16 characters of............O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Dat_Mango View Post
    16 characters of............O_O
    Well, by the logic blocks Oda has laid down, it would have to be yes because we have both a snow, and ice fruit users. If there is some stipulation inside that, I don't really care or want to try to elaborate because there's no point.

unpopular opinion here : anyone who didn't feel anything during ace's death? I feel like people overreacted when he died . I read OP for long time but I didn't really care much for him since I only remember him from alabasta , few scenes pre-skypiea , a match with blackbeard , and then he got executed .
    I think his death would be more impactful if the flashback is put before the war began (I mean , Oda is known for putting long filler flashbacks before a climax)

Future Disappointment Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBi View Post
    unpopular opinion here : anyone who didn't feel anything during ace's death? I feel like people overreacted when he died . I read OP for long time but I didn't really care much for him since I only remember him from alabasta , few scenes pre-skypiea , a match with blackbeard , and then he got executed .
    I think his death would be more impactful if the flashback is put before the war began (I mean , Oda is known for putting long filler flashbacks before a climax)
    I wasn't so much affected by Ace's death as Luffy's reaction to it. It was stunning seeing him lose his drive like that.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Ironically, his devil fruit enables him to swim through anything...except water! What manner of math is that!

I always surmised that it was because the "son of the Pirate King" had WAAAAY less impact on the plot than Sengoku tried to make it sound. If Oda had dropped some hints here or there, at all, that the infamous Pirate King had a son, and that that son had inspired or caused some radical individuals or major events throughout the story, then we find out at Marineford that BOOM! Ace was this mysterious son of the pirate king all along, then maybe it would have made more of an impact. But as it stands, if it WASN'T FOR Sengoku, most of the One Piece world probably would've continued never knowing or caring that Roger had a son. Honestly, that revelation feels as unplanned as the Supernovae introductions at Shabondy was said to be.
    "People die, when they are killed."
    --Someone who's never read One Piece
    "You only live once."
    --Someone who's never read Naruto
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    But anyhow, on this topic, vertical slashes are sexist.
    ***Because the madness that is AP Forums chapter discussions must not perish from the earth***

To the government, Ace's lineage represents a threat. Roger inspired an entire age of pirates. His son had conqueror's haki, was an upcoming rising pirate with the potential to surpass Roger. Whitebeard was protecting Ace until he could carry the mantle Roger and Newgate had discussed.

Making a public execution sends a message to the entire world of what happens if your pursue Roger's words/will.

Just imagine, Roger's words inspired a bunch of people to search for One Piece, how would some of those people feel, if Roger's will lived on? I am talking about pirates, of course as we saw citizens did not hold the same view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

As far as I am concerned he committed suicide and wasted Luffy's and Whitebeard's effort. So no sympathy from me. Annoyance probably.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

I concur with Kaido and Desa. I only felt bad for Luffy and Ace was a prideful imbecile, but it works in hindsight based on his characterization during the flashback. Of course, making them operate in the opposite sequential order muddies that up.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    To the government, Ace's lineage represents a threat. Roger inspired an entire age of pirates. His son had conqueror's haki, was an upcoming rising pirate with the potential to surpass Roger. Whitebeard was protecting Ace until he could carry the mantle Roger and Newgate had discussed.

Making a public execution sends a message to the entire world of what happens if your pursue Roger's words/will.

Just imagine, Roger's words inspired a bunch of people to search for One Piece, how would some of those people feel, if Roger's will lived on? I am talking about pirates, of course as we saw citizens did not hold the same view.
    That is the reason why Ace was executed publicly, yes. To act as a deterrent to piracy. But as it stands, you could remove the revelation of him being the Pirate King's son and almost nothing in the plot changes.

The Marines still prop up Ace to attract Whitebeard as a worldwide demonstrative power play. Whitebeard still comes because he wants to protect all of his sons. Ace still dies out of foolish pride out of hearing Whitebeard's name mocked by Akainu. Akainu still slaughters Ace. Luffy still has his mindbreak. Blackbeard still takes advantage of Whitebeard's injuries to kill him. Whitebeard still announces that One Piece is real and the Final War will happen.

The only valuable moment we lose is Squard stabbing Whitebeard because Akainu's manipulation relied on the possibility of Whitebeard grooming Ace to become the next Pirate King while all of the allies were expendable. But that is only important for giving a great impression of the bond between the Whitebeard Pirates, not much for actual plot events. And maybe we some of Ace's guilt making him wish to be left alone, but he still wouldn't want to see his comrades die for his sake.

For me, personally, I could care less about the Pirate King revelation outside of seeing how it affected Ace during the Gray Terminal flashback. In fact, I think I actually forgot Ace was Roger's son for at least the past few months until now by reading this thread lol.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information