+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Oda´s tributes to another Mangas, mangakas, celebrities...

Default Re: Oda´s tributes to another Mangas, mangakas, celebrities...

Eiichiro Oda drew this Katakuri shikishi for "One Piece Knowledge King"!!!

One Piece x Hungry Days in new Weekly Shonen Jump!!

Full special interview between Eiichiro Oda and Eisaku Kubonouchi ("Hungry Days" Cup Noodle CM character designer) in Weekly Shonen Jump!!

I hope someone can translate it or make a summary

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Full special interview between Eiichiro Oda and Eisaku Kubonouchi ("Hungry Days" Cup Noodle CM character designer) in Weekly Shonen Jump!!

https://images2.imgbox.com/db/01/tazgRmrp_o.jpg

I hope someone can translate it or make a summary
    Eisaku said he’s not the type of person who really watches anime or read manga, so he was worry if he can do it but of course he had heard about one piece and its world. Apparently the director of this cm project is a huge fan, and everytime Eisaku would receive “lectures” on how he should do the characters from him.

Part on character design
    Oda: I can feel your tremendous commitment. I’m sorry, considering the number of characters, it must have been difficult for you to draw
    Eisaku: Well yeah, it really does have an incredible amount of characters (lol)
    Oda: I like creating characters, I like designing them. I would create a character and later be troubled by it. Sometimes I don’t really have a use for certain characters but then there’s the feeling that “since I created them, I have to use them”.
    Eisaku: For those kind of characters, would you make design tables for them?
    Oda: I don’t go that far, I’ll briefly draw some rough sketches, and that’s generally how it goes.
    Eisaku: So, it’s like you remember details such as their body shapes when you draw them?
    Oda: No, I don’t remember them. For those main characters who have actions all the time, I’ll remember them eventually, but for the jumble of characters that I created, I’ll draw them as I look back at past sketches and data.
    Eisaku: Make sense considering the amount of characters you have.
    Oda: It’s weird when you thought you remember and draw things based on that, like you forget about the wounds and scars that’re supposed to be on their face and body; it’s always those type of mistakes, to the point that it’ll be faster if I just check them from the start.
    Eisaku: I see, that’s how it is. I was wondering about how you managed to create such amount of characters.
    Oda: That is because I like to, really.

Oda’s favorite cup noodle flavors are normal and seafood.
    Last edited by KaidoBoby; February 19th, 2020 at 05:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information