+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Haikyu!!

Default Haikyu!!

A manga about voleyball, wich is a sport that I don't follow at all but the manga is good imho o_o

Maybe it's the art idk, but I enjoy it. Give it a read guise.
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

Default Re: Haikyu!!

I loved the art, it feels different from everything else.

I enjoy it so far as well, but I'm gonna need a serious match to judge it properly.

This manga makes me want to play voleyball, wtf xd
    Hope it won't get cancelled, theres worse manga in Jump anyway.
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

Chapter 8, as the first chapter with real backetball action, really grabbed my attention now. I hope this manga stays as well, it has a lot of potential. Won't three sports manga running at the sime time be too much for Jump, though?

^I hope not, this manga is by far more realistic than the other 2.

Just read the first few chapters, I really enjoyed it. This series has alot of potential

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFruit View Post
    ^I hope not, this manga is by far more realistic than the other 2.
    Wait, counting Kuroko no Basket, there's another sports manga in JUMP?!

and yeah, Haikyu's art is wackier but the actions and stuff are definitely more realistic than Kuroko...

Oh, and chapter 9 is out...
    Last edited by kaizokuo12; May 9th, 2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by kaizokuo12 View Post
    Wait, counting Kuroko no Basket, there's another sports manga in JUMP?!
    Kurogane .

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

lol forgot about Kurogane... Well, maybe because it's not a ball sports...

That aside, anyone know how many chapters are we behind?

Of Hq? Chapter 12 is in issue 24, I believe.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Kuroko no Basket is a fucking joke of a manga tbh, and Kurogane while it isn't bad.... the story revolves around a ghost teaching kendo to a guy that gets tired just from scratching his ass. It would be really frustrating if Haikyu couldn't compete with these 2 mangas

Where are the chapters........

Another great manga that I've read recently. It's selling pretty well and also doing great in the ToCs. Hope scanlations catch up soon.

This manga should be able to hold till it completely hooks its audience. I hope so at least, cuz I really enjoy reading it.

The author sure improved his/her coloring skills. Nice

Hahaha poor Yacchan, I'm glad this series is picking up popularity even in sites like mangareader it gained a hot banner. I just wish it will continue to steadily rise in fame , I dont want it to turn into the next Kingdom. Hehe

Kingdom is probably worse than Haikyuu!! is plot progression and character-wise. For a sports manga, Haikyuu is doing an incredible job at making both the characters and their individual and collective stories interesting and compelling to read.

And it just keeps getting better and better too. A couple of months ago, it was just a guilty pleasure read that I followed because it was in WSJ and was relatively interesting, but now I'm really looking forward to each new chapter. More people should pick it up. It's getting good.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

I imagine the anime will bring lots of people into the series. I'm only a couple of chapters in and I'm enjoying it a lot, sports series are always fun to read/watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Kingdom is probably worse than Haikyuu!! is plot progression and character-wise. For a sports manga, Haikyuu is doing an incredible job at making both the characters and their individual and collective stories interesting and compelling to read.

And it just keeps getting better and better too. A couple of months ago, it was just a guilty pleasure read that I followed because it was in WSJ and was relatively interesting, but now I'm really looking forward to each new chapter. More people should pick it up. It's getting good.

No no, that is not what I meant dryish, what I was meaning to say is that I don't want it to be neglected for a long time like kingdom given its brilliance as a manga series.

True, now that they are entering a new tournament arc, it is bound to be explosive on the get go. Besides I want to see how strong the other 2 aces are in the coming chapters. Plus...who wouldn't want a rematch between Nekoma and Karasuno. XD

So, anyone else watching the anime now that it's started?

This thread has never been too active (hell, I've never posted in it...) but I've seen a few posts outside of it from people to know that it's got a few readers kicking around.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information