+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Haikyu!!

Default Re: Haikyu!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Well they HAVE to beat Shiratorizawa if they want to play against Nekoma, which is something the Author made pretty clear will happen. Or it happens after the third years left... (buhuhuhu)
    The author also said, by words of Nekomata, after the training camp that many of those young boys would end the year without fulfilling their objectives. Well, we have to wait and see.
    Also, even if they Shiratorizawa it doesn't mean they will than play against Nekoma, it happened before. Like if they get to play against Fukurodani or one of the Top 2 Ace Spikers in the Nationals before Nekoma, they probably will loose.

I'm just saying that at some point in the manga karasuno will play against nekoma in an official match. I see that as a given.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    The real question now is, will they beat Shiratorizawa? Probably not, but it all depends on how my boy Tsukishima killer block works against Ushijima.
    Probably not? Have you forgotten this a shonen jump manga? I know that there are sports manga like diamond no ace in different magazines where they lose and the dream of the third years gets shattered but this is WSJ. It is basically a magazine about dreams and promises. There is no way in hell that they are going to lose against Shiratorizawa and the third years retire without fulfilling their wish. They are not only going to win against Shiratorizawa but they are also going to reach the finals in the nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    Probably not? Have you forgotten this a shonen jump manga? I know that there are sports manga like diamond no ace in different magazines where they lose and the dream of the third years gets shattered but this is WSJ. It is basically a magazine about dreams and promises. There is no way in hell that they are going to lose against Shiratorizawa and the third years retire without fulfilling their wish. They are not only going to win against Shiratorizawa but they are also going to reach the finals in the nationals.
    Well in Haikyuu!! the dream of the 3rd years isn't winning the Nationals, but just go there and play against Nekoma. It seems things are being built for years to come. Like 1st year participating in the nationals, second year continuing going and trying to achieve a good position, third year trying to win the nationals.
    Haikyuu!! for me seems to been going for a longer route than just 1 year of High School Tournaments. If the author wants and the popularity enables him to he can very well go to the professional level and even the international. Hinata and Kageyama did made an oath of going for the world best volleyball player, Ushiwaka is a national representative, Tsukishima brother is in College playing Volleyball, and Small Giant is in College or already is a Professional.

I say they probably wont win against Shiratorizawa, because it is a team better than Nekoma, their rivals. Not only Shiratorizawa goes every time to the nationals but they try every year to win it.
    By saying that they probably will not win against Shiratorizawa I'm not saying it is impossible, but I would say the odds are 55 of loosing 45 of winning.
    In the end as I said in my first post everything depends on Tsukishima! His killer block will be a major decider for that game.

About Nationals, is almost impossible for them to reach the finals in the nationals. They don't even have illusions of winning that.
    Going there they have already 4 teams that are supposedly stronger than them and that they have to go against: Nekoma, Fukurodani, the team of the 2nd best Ace Spiker Kiryuu and the team of the best Ace Spiker, Sakusa, and the favorite to win the nationals: Itachyama.
    Fukurodani is a lot of times better than Karasuno and they were never close to win the nationals. It would be cooler if we went to see Fukurodani trying to win it this year, instead of the newbie Karasuno.
    Also Certainly there will be other really strong teams there, with amazing players of various positions. Remember even the best Karasuno team, the little Giant, didn't got far enough to play against Nekoma.

Haikyuu spoilers

Spoiler:

• With Yamaguchi’s service ace, Karasuno and Aobajousai are tied at 23. Saeko thinks this is the same as that in the Wakunan match, Shimada corrects her as what Yamaguchi thought when serving was “which direction should the serve go to score”, unlike the thought “would it go out of bounds” in the previous match. He concludes that the serve barely over the net just now was for attack. What he didn’t say out loud was that it might not be his original intention. Oikawa wants to calm his teammates only to find they are calm already.
    • (resumes at page 12) Hinata is switched with Yamaguchi. Yamaguchi promises he’ll score 10 points next time and Hinata saying that he won’t lose to him. Karasuno players think to themselves that they won’t miss the chance created by Yamaguchi.
    • The match goes on with both teams scoring after another. Kindaichi doesn’t want this match to become the last match for the 3rd years. Iwaizumi tells him that he’s too stiff, and to not think of anything else; what’s important now is the 1 point before them.
    • With another point goes to Seijou, it’s Oikawa’s serve. (Backgroud text is reminding us that serving in volleyball now is the extreme form of offence that blocking (like an iron wall) can’t even stop it)
    copy pastes from here
    http://k-haruichi.tumblr.com/post/10...-quick-summary

and here are the raws
    http://www.ishuhui.com/archives/4037

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Already looked at the raws and this chapter is really good. I was feeling a little sad that Iwaizumi was getting totally overshadowed by Mad Dog, but with this deuce there will be more chance to see the characters more, and not only Iwaizumi.

My prediction is that Aoba Josai will win this set with the super serve of Oikawa and that we will have another block of chapters for the 3rd set.

Hopefully not x_X I'm already pissed off, that this last bit of the set gets dragged out now. Rly thought it would be over this chapter.

But it is a game against their prefecture arch enemies. Ending so early is a little weak. It took them 3 sets for Wakunan, just taking 2 for Aobajosai seems so underserving.

Chapter's out
    http://nijimurashuuzo.tumblr.com/hqtranslations

This back and forth is pissing me off, lol. Yamaguchi's serve feel kinda in vain if they're unable to get those last 2points.

Chapter's out
    http://nijimurashuuzo.tumblr.com/hqtranslations

This back and forth is pissing me off, lol. Yamaguchi's serve feel kinda in vain if they're unable to get those last 2points.
    Is Obvious that Oikawa will get 2 consecutive points with his serve. Since the last time he had improved his serve, so it goes the same way as Yamaguchi.

yes, so Yamaguchi has been kinda pointless :P unfortunately.

yes, so Yamaguchi has been kinda pointless :P unfortunately.
    Why pointless? He finally did his thing and helped is team almost win. His work as pinch server is done and for now on he will be a reliable pinch server. But the fact his that the other team isn't only on the receiving part. They also have good players, that put the effort, and just like Yamaguchi role, they also have Oikawa in which one of his roles is being a pinch server.
    Oikawa is a better pinch server than Yamaguchi and is in that role for a lot longer than him, also he uses a more effective kind of serve(though Yamaguchi serve is a rarer one, making the other team less prepared for it).

well, "almost winning" is not winning.

Yes, sure, Oikawas team is (or was..) stronger, but all I'm saying is it diminishes the effect of Yamaguchi's serve if they don't help winning in the end.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, I just see it from Yamaguchis viewpoint. I mean, if you're successfull in something, especially the first time you are successfull, you want to win with it, don't you? so now in the end, if they lose this set then what was it good for except for those 2minutes of glory and happiness. In the end, if they lose the set, the serves didn't help. You know what I mean?

It's because the author focuses a lot on portraying the game's flow led by a team's momentum.

Yamaguchi was able to break Seijou's momentum. Like his "teacher" said (forgot the guy's name), if the match goes to the 3rd set, as how things were, Karasuno's would be in trouble. But, after breaking Seijou's momentum, Yamaguchi stopped Seijou's from winning, somehow easily, the set. The game's atmosphere changed because of him, and now Oikawa will need to show that he's above Karasuno (and above his own team) to prove that Seijou can go to the nationals. Also, after everything that was shown about him, it's more than necessary a moment for him to shine, although I think he'll mess things up somehow.

Yep, I understand that the impact is lessened and that winning with it would be a lot better for Yamaguchi, I for one while fanboying wanted them to win with Yamaguchi serves XD.
    But, a lot of times things don't go in their optimal way, and sometimes for the best, and in the end the most important effect was done: Establishing Yamaguchi as a proper player and give him a good moment of glory, and with that giving him the so much needed confidence he needs.

I think this way is better because the author is also showing more of Aoba Josai. Now the author can go three ways, make Oikawa do his role as a pinch server, make him screw up or make Karasuno able to handle his serves. For those three routes I would like the first one more, because it shows that Oikawa is in his A game and a threat, taking the game to a 3rd set and showing more of the players. But whatever the route the author chooses, if well enough executed I will like it.

... I just don't like Aoba, especially Oikawa. There, I said it XD *runs*

^^^^Burn the heretic! Long live The Grand King!

http://sgcafe.com/2014/12/get-ready-...#ixzz3M9UUogi6

Pls be true, please be true, please be true.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Not that I doubt that there will be a second season... Question is rather WHEN.

I hope that this announcement is true as well :)

I will guess the next season will come in the Fall of 2015. 1 entire year from the end of the first season.

Oh God, I hope so!

I was so bummed when I found out AoT won't come back till 2016 Q_Q

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Kaizou 10 just postet the same in the TOC Thread. So I guess it's true <3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information