+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Haikyu!!

Default Re: Haikyu!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    4 points difference in a 15 points set, that will be hard to recover. Which trick will the author use ?
    The trick of Karasuno not winning

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    The trick of Karasuno not winning
    I've been wondering about that. Does the author really want the series to go on that long? If Karasuno lost this match, that'd be it for the third years, right? It feels like they aren't all fully developed to me. Though, I guess that author has foreshadowed that the third years might not always be there with all those Ennoshita chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Average View Post
    I've been wondering about that. Does the author really want the series to go on that long? If Karasuno lost this match, that'd be it for the third years, right? It feels like they aren't all fully developed to me. Though, I guess that author has foreshadowed that the third years might not always be there with all those Ennoshita chapters.
    Yeah I keep thinking about it, too. It's clear the Series is about Hinata. At the end we will see Hinata stand on the national court. And we will see an official match against Nekoma. Maybe. Hopefully. But we don't know when this will happen. But it's doubtful to see it in Hinata's first year of Highschool, isn't it? Of course I want Asahi, Suga, Daichi and Kiyoko there, too, but it seems rly unlikely in my eyes. At least with them on the court, they'll probably be in the audience.
    And yes, we will get Ennoshita as next captain and new First Years.
    So, by assuming the manga will end after Hinata has been to the nationals and hopefully won there, it would be too early to end the manga now with them going to the nationals now. I think.
    There's also the possibility of the Manga going further than nationals. Like into the college years and whatever competitions come there and then to take it even further the National Japanese team, where we could meet Oikawa, Kuroo, Bokuto, Ushijima and/or others again. Depends on the author I guess.

On the other hand, we have the third years of the other schools, like Kuroo (<3), Bokuto and so on. It would be a shame not to see them play again either. So maybe Karasuno does win against Shiratorizawa? Honestly, I have no clue...

Well, that's a mess of text. Sorry.

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

I'm expecting an amazing comeback by Tsukishima to win the game. That and the Hinata/Kageyama duo scoring a few points.

I'm 100% confident that Karasuno will win.

I think Karasuno will make to the nationals but are going to lose before playing against Nekoma. Then, it'll up to Hinata's team to make it again to the nationals to fulfill their promise and he'll become the new Little Giant.

And I also think that the author could easily try to expand the story by having them playing on college years, even having them play together as Japan's representatives and stuff like that, or use such scenario as the ending.

4 points difference in a 15 points set, that will be hard to recover. Which trick will the author use ?
    There's been so much emphasis on tiring Ushiwaka out in this match especially from the coach. Meanwhile Kageyama and Hinata are both taking a break for the entirety of the 5th set so far. I think once the wonder duo is back on the court - Ushiwaka will dramatically run out of steam/stamina at a vital point and Karasuno will get the win.

I'm more curious what's gonna happen with Tsukki. Will he magically be back and ok or will he get an injury arc just RIGHT AFTER having his "moment"? Kuroo and Bokuro would be so proud of him right now. Hell, even I am proud of him.
    And I call him Tsukki not because I like him but because I know it would piss him off, hurr durr.

Also Suga needs to stop doing his obvious tosses and Nishinoya shouldn't have tossed to him in that last chapter either. I mean, even I could have blocked that. ... No I couldn't, but it was just rly too obvious. Mix it up, guys!

I just finished rereading Haikyuu again and noticed there will be a lot of awesome moments not included in S2 and that makes me sad. Waiting another year and a half at least for this to be animated :<

And ugh, another 5days for the next ep Q_Q...

Quote Originally Posted by Brotato View Post
    There's been so much emphasis on tiring Ushiwaka out in this match especially from the coach. Meanwhile Kageyama and Hinata are both taking a break for the entirety of the 5th set so far. I think once the wonder duo is back on the court - Ushiwaka will dramatically run out of steam/stamina at a vital point and Karasuno will get the win.
    Well I find it a bit unfair for the current players. It is nice to Nishinoya playing so I hope he will be part in the recovering and not just the magical duo.

As for the duration of the serie, I’m not sure I would be interested in it lasting to long. 3 years ofHighschool seems fine to me. And achieving the goal of winning the nationam looks fine enough.

Well I find it a bit unfair for the current players. It is nice to Nishinoya playing so I hope he will be part in the recovering and not just the magical duo.

As for the duration of the serie, I’m not sure I would be interested in it lasting to long. 3 years ofHighschool seems fine to me. And achieving the goal of winning the nationam looks fine enough.
    But... but and the Kageyama vs Hinata?

I love that Tsukishima is becoming more prominent(His introduction had been very dramatic)..I even noticed in the anime that he was completely sure that Ukishima was unblockable now look at him, good man.

I hope they win but then them beating the final boss in the first try is kind of against common tropes that Haikyuu hasn't really gone against.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

The final boss is Itachiyama, the favorite to win the nationals according to Kuroo (chapter 97). Sakusa is probably the number 1 ace in Japan.

I really can't see the manga going farther than the nationals. But maybe seeing the nationals bracket will make me change that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    But... but and the Kageyama vs Hinata?
    What do you mean ?

Found some Interesting Tidbits about the Mangaka

- He’s influenced by Oda Eiichirou (ONE PIECE) and Miyazaki Hayao (Ghibli films). He loves Howl’s Moving Castle.
    - He played volleyball from elementary to high school. Position: middle blocker.
    - He loves horror. His previous series was a horror manga: Sophist School, Yotsuya-senpai’s Ghost Stories.
    - Writing the plot and storyboard usually takes 3 days, and drawing takes 4 days.
    - He takes care not to lose sight of the main character amidst the many characters.
    - He made the main character a middle-blocker because (1) at first he wanted to write about a setter which gives perfect tosses to the spiker and (2) because he wanted to express the great feeling of doing a perfect quick.
    - He takes care to use various angles to really express the “flying/jumping” feeling during air battles.
    - He finds it’s difficult to balance between explaining the rules and not boring the reader.
    - He thinks the game rotation is interesting yet difficult. It makes the game interesting and dramatic but sometimes he can’t draw something because a character isn’t in the right spot yet.
    - He usually creates the visual of a character first and starts fleshing out its personality and relationships afterwards.
    - Aside from Karasuno, most the character names are based on animals and hot springs.
    - He likes drawing Hinata because he moves a lot. He likes drawing characters who are expressive in their movements or facial expressions, like Tendou.
    - He thinks character who are supposed to be good-looking like Kiyoko and Oikawa are the most difficult to draw.
    - He takes care to make the rival teams have a clear trait, like being incredible blockers or having a great ace.
    - He liked drawing chapter 62 and 143 because he felt the movements were drawn properly. In contrast, he found Kuroo’s personal time difference attack in volume 4 very difficult to draw.
    - He thinks the need for teamwork is one of the appeals of volleyball.
    - He tries to make his manga interesting to both those who’ve played volleyball and those who haven’t. He hopes people will try volleyball.

What do you mean ?
    I mean this:
    Spoiler:

- He takes care to use various angles to really express the “flying/jumping” feeling during air battles.
    - He finds it’s difficult to balance between explaining the rules and not boring the reader.
    I think the mangaka really nails these two points in Haikyuu. It's the neat angles during the matches that make the action feel really dynamic and that originally hooked me on the series. Also Using Yachi, Saeko and the alumni was a good way to explain some of the more complicated aspects of the sport without it seeming unnatural.

I just started watching the anime and it's so good idk if it's better than kuroko or not

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    I mean this:
    This is not really a plot that need to be extanded beside a final chapter in my opinion

- He loves horror. His previous series was a horror manga: Sophist School, Yotsuya-senpai’s Ghost Stories
    His previous series was the only reason I even checked Haikyuu!! out when it started its run since I'm not usually into sports manga. I was really bummed when it got axed because it was pretty interesting and doing things differently from most series at the time(plus it was a timely Neuro replacement); but it was doomed after the chapter with the hanging and WSJ/Furudate having to issue an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I think the mangaka really nails these two points in Haikyuu. It's the neat angles during the matches that make the action feel really dynamic and that originally hooked me on the series. Also Using Yachi, Saeko and the alumni was a good way to explain some of the more complicated aspects of the sport without it seeming unnatural.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on such things in the series as well. He accomplishes both of these goals incredibly well and manages to really hype up the reader in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I agree with that and furthermore he got me hooked cuz he managed to do something not many other people suceeded in. He has an awfully big (main) cast and of those .. let's say 40people of the main cast there's only two characters I don't like and even those are growing on me in some way or the other. Like, it's rly hard to discard a character on the "don't care" pile, I think.
    Plus all the character interactions which are just priceless in my opinion.

When i saw the second season's opening, i thought Yachi would be just another eye-candy character but damn the anime made Yachi more likeable in one episode then the entire first season did for Shimizu.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information