View Poll Results: Your political affiliation?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat

125 62.19%
  • Republican

16 7.96%
  • Third party

13 6.47%
  • Uninformed/undecided

20 9.95%
  • We lose no matter what, I never vote

27 13.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 120 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

Default 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

Didn't see a thread about this,so........

Discuss the upcoming election.The Republican party candidates are currently fighting for delegates.What do you think of the candidates?Who do you want to win?

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

I don't like any of them. As a grown woman, I find the current anti-woman's rights stance very offensive ... and that is the only way to describe the laws goin into effect in states like Texas, forcing a woman to have a sonogram before an abortion no matter what the situation is. They act as if the only woman getting an abortion is a youth whose contraception failed when many more reasons exist, such as a fatal deformation or the woman was raped.

I hope Obama wins,
    If for nothing else keep these anti-women's righter out the office.

Okay, this is a politics thread, and that's *the* hotbed issue other than religion. I have a feeling this board is largely going to lean in one direction, which will create a minority that's feeling insulted very quickly... because that's what ALWAYS happens. So I already anticipate where this will inevitably end up going, and I'll just say this up front just once.

Keep it civil folks.

Anyone that's hardcore into their party stance isn't going to be convinced to switch, so calling anyone names is just problematic.

Anyone who is in the middle and uninformed on topics and is willing to listen and learn, that's cool.

Half the country is democrat, and half the country is republican. And if you don't ask someone, you might be best friends with them and never know they're part of the evil party that opposes everything you believe in. The parties themselves are not inherantly evil, and people who support a party aren't inherently wrong or bad... and most aren't at the extreme end of their party either, and are just casually part of it. But a lot of the leaders and things they pitch have serious problems.

Discussion is fine. But even a *hint* of name calling gets you kicked out of the thread. Got it? Cool. Carry on.
    Last edited by Robby; March 25th, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

To keep my predictions short and sweet:

Romney to get the Republican Nomination

Obama to win the election.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Oh well this is wonderful. My state's primaries are coming up on the 3rd(I think) and I have completely been ignoring my civic duty and I know next to nothing of the candidates. Time to catch up and take some notes. Discuss away~

*pulls out pen and paper*
    *realizes that is silly, puts pen and paper away, and opens word processor instead.*

^You a Marylander too?

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    To keep my predictions short and sweet:

Romney to get the Republican Nomination

Obama to win the election.
    This.

I don't know where I stand politically, but the Republican candidates are just... depressing.

After talking this over with some buds and observing what has been happening throughout this year, I'm going Democrat.
    Sink or Swim.

And that's that.
    Nothing to say.
    Nothing to add.

^You a Marylander too?
    Indeed sir, a few miles north of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    This.

I don't know where I stand politically, but the Republican candidates are just... depressing.
    I find this to be a valid, respectable opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Indeed sir, a few miles north of you.
    Baltimore area ?

Romney will be the nominee; it's next to impossible for Santorum to pass him in delegate count and even a brokered convention will still lead to Romney being the nominee. While he'll be the nominee, the debates with Obama are going to be a trainwreck for him as he gets twitchy and angry when people challenge him and can't stop saying things that remind people of how fantasically wealthy he is and how he just doesn't understand what it's like not to be.

Unless the economy completely tanks between now and November, Obama will win. It might be closer than the near landslide he beat McCain by in the popular vote, but an electoral landslide is a distinct possibility.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Baltimore area ?
    Severna Park/Pasadena

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I wonder how much President Obama will play the "It's not my fault, it was the previous administration's fault"(I found this very annoying when he did it before, even if it is true.)

Quick question: What happens when the electoral votes lean one way, and the popular vote leads the other?

Electoral votes win! The Bush/Gore election is one example of this, if I remember correctly, then again I was 11 and didn't care about much beyond my lego sets.
    Last edited by Wooden_Giraffe; March 25th, 2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: i await a harsh rebuttal of reality from someone smarter then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Quick question: What happens when the electoral votes lean one way, and the popular vote leads the other?
    Electoral votes always trump the popular vote; Bush lost to Gore in the popular vote by a half a million votes but had five more electoral votes.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Holy delegates! I was right for once. This will shine poorly on my dismal ignorant persona.

Thanks. Well.....That sucks.

After a bit of research(and by "a bit" I mean a very very small amount). President R. B. Hayes also lost the popular vote to Samuel Tilden, but won the electoral vote.

Y'all need to ditch your two party system. It's pretty antagonizing.

Then again, that's never going to happen till the day one of your existing parties falls apart.

LOVE AND PEACE

President Obama single handedly tracked down and killed Bin Laden with his bare hands. Surely that will count for something.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information