View Poll Results: Your political affiliation?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat

    125 62.19%
  • Republican

    16 7.96%
  • Third party

    13 6.47%
  • Uninformed/undecided

    20 9.95%
  • We lose no matter what, I never vote

    27 13.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 2399

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

  1. #81
    Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albion

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    I guess this nets him the Pat Buchanan demographic.

  2. #82

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    He was clearly going for nagger.
    In a day and time when speeches are so thoroughly scrutinized for any potential misstep, it's hard to imagine how somebody could be so stupid as to use something that could be so easily misconstrued.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  3. #83

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    In a day and time when speeches are so thoroughly scrutinized for any potential misstep, it's hard to imagine how somebody could be so stupid as to use something that could be so easily misconstrued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    He was clearly going for nagger.[/sarcasm]
    Fixed that for you.
    Santorum is a doofus. Unfortunately, he believes in almost all the backward, bigoted shit he spouts, unlike seasoned politicos like Romney, Gingrich and Mr. Super Prez. That makes him a very dangerous doofus. His one-state campaign in Iowa was probably the most intelligent thing his entire campaign has ever done. Although it's never going to happen, I want to see him win the presidency, just for the lulz.

  4. #84
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Yes. Santorum as president.

    Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  5. #85
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Looking at this from Europe even the tiniest possibility of President Santorum is scary as hell. But I'm sure it's a lot scarier for the sane population of the US.

  6. #86

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    There's just one thought bugging me. How did romney get such a huge lead given his flaws in the initial stage?

  7. #87

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by legumes View Post
    There's just one thought bugging me. How did romney get such a huge lead given his flaws in the initial stage?
    Because everyone else sucks so hard.

  8. #88
    Shipmate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lithuania, Visaginas>Vilnius

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion



    How do you people let someone like Santorum possibly have to do anything with your presidential race

  9. #89
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Yes. Santorum as president.

    Hilarious.
    [IMG][/IMG]

  10. #90

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...rjx2o1_400.gif

    How do you people let someone like Santorum possibly have to do anything with your presidential race
    Little countries/little populations (that goes for you Canada!) wouldn't understand how things like this work.

  11. #91

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by legumes View Post
    There's just one thought bugging me. How did romney get such a huge lead given his flaws in the initial stage?
    He has roughly a gojillion dollars to work with thanks to his billionaire cronies, which gives him a massive cash advantage when it comes to advertising. Sure, that's not everything since he's not really managed any impressive victories over the others in actual Republican states despite outspending them by huge margins, but it's still important. The primary reason the Not-Romney candidates have either flamed out (Bachman, Perry, Cain) or are actively undermining each other; Ron Paul has acted as a Romney surrogate attack dog at times while Newt and Santorum are competing for the same votes for the most part. If one of those two had dropped out early on, then this would have been an incredibly different race.

    Media framing also plays a big part; Romney went in with an aura of inevitability from the start and had that not existed, the Iowa results would have been more closely followed and Santorum winning there might have helped him out in the early states won by Gringrich. As is, Romney has name recognition, loads of cash, and Republicans usually favor the runnerup from the previous primary.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  12. #92

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Sigh.

    As someone who's spent a considerable amount of his education studying American history, seeing stuff like this, while sadly par for the course, is truly, truly frustrating.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  13. #93
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Homey Airport

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Ron Paul 2012

    Seriously though, none of the Republican candidates, from what I've read about them, seem sane enough to hold the office. Ron Paul is probably closest. Obama hasn't done a particularly good job in office either but I will probably end up voting for him while my parents label me a liberal.

  14. #94
    of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    In all honesty, I'd prefer Obama staying President instead of getting Mitt. I can't stand Mitt (and no, it's not because he's a Mormon; well...maybe). In fact, I'm not a fan of any of the Republican lineup. (I'm not affiliated with any political party, FYI).


  15. #95

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Seriously though, none of the Republican candidates, from what I've read about them, seem sane enough to hold the office. Ron Paul is probably closest.
    No. Just no.

    Tossing out his history of association with racists, anti-Semites, misogynists, and homophobic organizations, there's still the little matter of the fact that Paul's policies would basically revert the Federal Government to its Articles of Confederation days, devastate the middle class, eliminate the safety net, and also open the doors for theocratic governments on the now all-powerful state level. Romney might have the charisma of a wet paper towel, but he doesn't have a tenth of the emotional baggage that Ron Paul does.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  16. #96
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Homey Airport

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Well then it seems I'm voting Democrat then .

  17. #97
    Crazy Woodwind Lady Envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    I'm not the largest fan of Obama, but I definitely prefer the man over any of the Republican candidates. Mostly because of my stances on religion and government and LGBT rights.

    Hopefully next time around we'll have better candidates, but that is something I'd have to see to believe.


  18. #98

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    No. Just no.

    Tossing out his history of association with racists, anti-Semites, misogynists, and homophobic organizations, there's still the little matter of the fact that Paul's policies would basically revert the Federal Government to its Articles of Confederation days, devastate the middle class, eliminate the safety net, and also open the doors for theocratic governments on the now all-powerful state level. Romney might have the charisma of a wet paper towel, but he doesn't have a tenth of the emotional baggage that Ron Paul does.
    Not withstanding the fact that his brand of unchecked capitalism is just the opposite of what the American economy needs. It is indeed sad that Ron Paul looks the sanest among them.
    It is also sad that Obama would win the election by default. Based on his record, he does not deserve another term, but he'll win simply because he has a better political brain than any of these idiots. Also, he doesn't make an ass of himself every time he speaks. A candidate like George W. would have walked this election simply because he has a much more forceful personality than Romney.

  19. #99
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Homey Airport

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    I'm not the largest fan of Obama, but I definitely prefer the man over any of the Republican candidates. Mostly because of my stances on religion and government and LGBT rights.

    Hopefully next time around we'll have better candidates, but that is something I'd have to see to believe.
    Yeah, I don't pay much attention to politics but I know that every single Republican running now are the ones that want to ban gay marriage which is one of the things that just defaults to me not supporting someone who thinks like that.

    Edit: Not to mention laws based on religious doctrine.

  20. #100

    Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldud_21
    It is also sad that Obama would win the election by default. Based on his record, he does not deserve another term, but he'll win simply because he has a better political brain than any of these idiots. Also, he doesn't make an ass of himself every time he speaks. A candidate like George W. would have walked this election simply because he has a much more forceful personality than Romney.
    Obama hasn't been great (kinda lame duck almost with congress the way it is), but he hasn't really sucked. Not sure where your coming from on this.
    I've been mostly happy with his FP with some kinks notwithstanding.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts