View Poll Results: Your political affiliation?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Democrat

125 62.19%
  • Republican

16 7.96%
  • Third party

13 6.47%
  • Uninformed/undecided

20 9.95%
  • We lose no matter what, I never vote

27 13.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election Discussion

LIES!! We all know it was Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    To keep my predictions short and sweet:

Romney to get the Republican Nomination

Obama to win the election.
    This currently, though highly variable on the latter. Could change quickly back and forth with the headlines.
    Romney is a really really weak candidate, so it's more Obama vs. Fate/oil prices really.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by tarrin4ever View Post
    Y'all need to ditch your two party system. It's pretty antagonizing.

Then again, that's never going to happen till the day one of your existing parties falls apart.
    We don't literally have a two party system. It's just always ended up with two dominant parties, occasionally there will be an election cycle with some crazy flash in the pan third party (Bull Moose, Know Nothing etc).
    So it can't be changed by anyone, it's the kind of thing that would have to evolve.

If one of the two is gonna fall apart it's probably going to be the Republicans, somewhere along the fault line between the social conservatives (think Santorum) and the economic libertarian types (think Ron Paul). The former has severe cancer and doesn't know it, and will be quite dead in twenty or so years as more and more old people die off and more and more younger people reach voting age. The latter will probably pick up the slack among the right leaning of the newer generation.

But as you see this just means the Rpeublican party will evolve again, so no third party.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Romney is a really really weak candidate, so it's more Obama vs. Fate/oil prices really.
    "The worst Republican to go up against Obama" according to Santorum, right before he cussed out the press and accused them of "distorting the truth".

And is there really a movement trying to blame Obama for the price of gas? Or is it just some last-ditch mudslinging effort before the nomination?

And is there really a movement trying to blame Obama for the price of gas? Or is it just some last-ditch mudslinging effort before the nomination?
    He's president. He's going to get blamed for a lot of things that no one human has any control over.

For instance, Bush Jr. was a terrible president for a lot of reasons... and can be readily pointed at as the sole reason for the war in Iraq and a lot of the deficit... but I'm not going to blame him for Hurrican Katrina or the housing market crashing due to corrupt banking. There were a lot of people in on that. Not taking preventative action sooner,or having a poor delayed reaction, sure, those are faults and problems... blame him for the bad reaction... but not the event itself. And hindsight quarterbacking is easy.

All that said, I think Obama might be a lot more effective in a second term when he doesn't have to worry about running again... but he's been a pushover who will eventually cave to whatever the Republican side wants, so thats a huge weakness.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Congress being a complete bitch to Obama hasn't been helping.

Jed Bartlet is still one of our greatest presidents.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I voted for Vinick....

Yeah, I liked Vinick better than Santos, regardless of party. Hey, that man was in Korea during the war! All 11 years of it!

Pretty common. Was a big talking point prior to the last election with Bush.

Always thought there were so many more, y'know, legitimate reasons to argue against the man.

If I was Obama I surely would not start the War in Iran now or during the elctions because it would likely cause a huge spike in oil price.

As an outsider (Aussie)

What is the Deal with Ron Paul, after watching some youtube videos of him in the debates I find it odd a man like him isn't championing the party. There are so many videos that seem to indicate that he is being ignored by the mainstream media is that the case?
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Ron Paul is in the Republican party because he shares more values with them than the Democrats, but he's basically a Libertarian. I think in 2008 he refused to support McCain or Obama and instead voted for some other third party guy.

Basically his ideas and opinions don't mesh with the majority of the party, and he wants actual change and reform in the election system.

Oh, and I added a poll to the thread. Feel free to vote! I left it annonymous, so don't worry about being judged, but I'm curious which way it'll go. I *suspect* this board will largely lean democrat, but I really have no idea.
    Last edited by Robby; March 26th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Ron Paul is in the Republican party because he shares more values with them than the Democrats, but he's basically a Libertarian. I think in 2008 he refused to support McCain or Obama and instead voted for some other third party guy.

Basically his ideas and opinions don't mesh with the majority of the party, and he wants actual change and reform in the election system.

Oh, and I added a poll to the thread. Feel free to vote! I left it annonymous, so don't worry about being judged, but I'm curious which way it'll go. I *suspect* this board will largely lean democrat, but I really have no idea.
    I would think that there will be a lot of undecidied and "we lose" but agree that a large percentage will be Dems, followed or tied by those who never vote

Oh yeah I forget you guys have volluntary voting
    It's a criminal offence here in Aus not to vote in the Federal and local elections.

I have to admit Ron Paul's view on closing some of the out of country military bases sounds sensible for cutting expenses.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Unfortunately, most of Ron Paul's popularity in the Republican party is from college age voters, and by the time they make up enough of the demographic to get him nominated he'll just be too old since he's already older then any President ever elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    It's a criminal offence here in Aus not to vote in the Federal and local elections.
    Not according to Diddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Interesting. While that would increase turnout.... I kind of prefer it that people who are uninformed don't vote. If someone doesn't know anything about the issues or candidates, what's the point in them voting? For example, all the people that were going to vote for Hillary Clinton... who then turned around and were willing to vote for Palin, JUST because she was a woman... despite the huge gap in their qualification and that they disagreed on like 98% of the issues.

(The fact that Obama being black was even an issue in this day and age is telling.)

Right to free speech, and voting, or not voting, is a part of that.

Its extra crazy when people are undecided about two candidates that are extreme opposites and can be influenced the day-of election. I don't get how you don't have *some* idea who you prefer in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    LIES!! We all know it was Biden.
    You've all got it wrong! Don't you guys remember? Obama and Biden fused to create Barak Obiden, who then flew straight at Ossama and ripped his heart out.

Anyways, If I could vote, I'd vote for Obama again, because frankly all the GOP candidates scare me.

The poll results are really funny, a third party what is that? Lets see which cat is going to bite you little mices next the black or the white one.
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maromi View Post
    You've all got it wrong! Don't you guys remember? Obama and Biden fused to create Barak Obiden, who then flew straight at Ossama and ripped his heart out.
    Hidden:
    +
    Hidden:
    +
    Hidden:
    =
    Hidden:
    ?

I don't know who I will vote for, or if I'll vote at all. I haven't been following the race that much. To be honest, the most invested I ever was in it was when Herman Cain quoted Pokemon.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    The poll results are really funny, a third party what is that? Lets see which cat is going to bite you little mices next the black or the white one.
    I'm theoretically independant, but I lean democrat since independant can't win anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information