+ Reply to Thread
Page 459 of 461 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,180 of 9207

Thread: General Fire Emblem Thread - Oh No! I'm Late for the Brigand Exam!

Default Re: General Fire Emblem Thread - Oh No! I'm Late for the Brigand Exam!

Well thanks for the detailed post about Lorenz, that must have taken a while... ultimately to each their own I guess. There are plenty of nobles in the game who care for the people and work to help everyone without being insufferable jerks or creeps. When the best thing about him is that at the very end he kinda sorta apologizes but keeps being an ass, I'm just not sold.

I am finally on the last route.

What kind of chaos have I unleashed?

But character aside, sorry Lorenz, Leonie is my lance girl.

Just managed to finish run #2 (Golden Deer) last night. It answers more questions but not nearly as many as I'd have liked. Here are some of my current thoughts on the units I used (Normal difficulty BTW), which may not entirely apply to a first run because on NG+ I was easily able to get multiple skills to S/S+ on just about every character (even without cheesing/grinding auxiliary battles, though I did do that a couple of times just to see if it worked... and boy did it work).

Guess I'll hide the wall of text:

Spoiler:
    • Lysithea is the most broken unit in the game. With the Thyrsus staff and the Shoes of the Wind consumable for movement (plus Dancing her when needed) she is a walking nuke. It only got more disgusting when at S/S+ Reason I was able to stack Dark Tomefaire and an additional dark magic range increase (and later I was able to do the same for Faith). She one-shotted the Death Knight in every single encounter, and I don't mean "attacked twice" one-shotted but literally instant annihilation with no chance of a counterattack. She took out plenty of other bosses and demonic beasts in the same fashion as well. And god forbid armored units stand in her path. Then there was the time I beat chapter 20 on the first turn, because her Warp range was so absurd that I sent Marianne straight to the top of the map and killed the commander with ranged magic (so as to bypass the units blocking the way). I think the previous chapter took me 2 turns with similar methods because I had to kill 2 commanders. Even more trivial when paired with the battalion that grants AOE movement +5 for a turn, which I had equipped to Leonie. I guess that brings me to...
    • Leonie is such an amazing unit. Yeah I had to put some extra work into her since I decided to make her a Dark Knight, but just with her crit rates and defensive stats alone she's automatically solid. When I hit S/S+ in Lance she went back to an outright monster, and her having magic options is really no joke. The certification stat bonus gave her like +8 magic but I also pumped some more into her with consumable items, and by endgame she was having plenty of fun spamming magic.
    • Ignatz ended up okay. Really not a remarkable unit overall, but I found utility in him. I had him open doors/chests as an Assassin and later as a Mortal Savant he was mostly there to soften up enemies or finish them off. For that purpose it is actually pretty cool that he has Seal Strength. He also manned ballistas on occasion and he did have a knack for critting with Blizzard.
    • Claude is pretty overpowered. Especially since no matter how hard I tried, he ended up over-leveled. Partly because of his unique ability but also because anytime a group of enemies tried to target him, he'd just kill them all instantly with counter-attacks. I think he gained like 5 levels just in the first post-skip battle. I benched him for several fights and other times had him as an adjutant (with Shamir =3), but I guess you can't stop him from being a flying death machine. Though on that note...
    • Hilda is disgusting with an axe, and putting her on a Wyvern just makes it unfair. She obliterates anything. She had training axes most of the game because it literally didn't matter; she would bash faces in. I don't get the point of trying to armor her because nothing even gets to attack her, and if they do it usually misses (god bless Alert Stance). Might as well give her the mobility so she can charge in and hack shit up.
    • Raphael just punched things for days. It was hilarious after S in Brawl to see him with a consistent 50+ crit chance. For each of his four attacks. Unless he was surrounded by mages, I could have him solo entire armies with his 75+ HP. I uppercutted so many horses and monsters to death it isn't funny.
    • Shamir is one of my favorite units but I kept her as a Sniper and she suffered from the low mobility. Her attack range came in super useful, but usually about halfway through a map she'd fall behind movement-wise and be hard to keep involved in the fights. Amazing with a bow though.
    • Marianne was my core healer and as a Holy Knight she really did great. Silence is such a useful spell and the mobility gave her so much freedom. Whenever she did get attacked she would always immediately heal back up to full (and kill the attacker) with Nosferatu. Good stuff.
    • Petra was a sword-wielding Falcon Knight this time around, and it worked pretty well. She seems to struggle with damage output but I gave her a crit ring and with S/S+ in Sword she solidified as an exceptional unit.
    • Dorothea was my Dancer and secondary healer. It felt great having two Physic users, and of course Lysithea and Byleth can also heal adjacent units so I felt I had plenty of leeway in terms of units taking hits. Her offensive presence is also quite respectable, and Meteor is very useful to have as a backup option. Super solid core unit.
    • Ingrid was the last unit in my core group, and it's weird because she's great and I love her but I can't think of anything really special to say about her. I think mostly she's just consistent as hell. I kept her as a Paladin this time and she's just an all-around reliable unit. She wasn't going around soloing entire maps but at the same time she was always thinning the enemy and holding her own in any situation. She pulled out a lot of clutch crits too.

Anyway I'm super curious about the 3rd route (Blue Lions) because the other two routes don't do Dimitri or Dedue any favors in terms of character development. But there are so many other games to play as well as upcoming games, and the total playtime has already hit nearly 200 hours...

Finally finished all 3 story paths and I'm glad I did. Because Edelgard story path got shafted.

Who?

Astram is GHB. Archanea got some love this time.

Char Aznable?!
    The Red Comet?!

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

The Marth games never fail to make feel like a complete casual. Bantu aside, I honestly believe this is my first seeing any of those characters (or at least first time seeing this not-Camus persona).

Wish they rode on the 3H hype for longer, but I doubt it's going to get the Echoes treatment, so it should keep appearing every now and then anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Char Aznable?!
    The Red Comet?!
    No, no, you've got it all wrong. That's Quattro Bajeena

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    The Marth games never fail to make feel like a complete casual. Bantu aside, I honestly believe this is my first seeing any of those characters (or at least first time seeing this not-Camus persona).

Wish they rode on the 3H hype for longer, but I doubt it's going to get the Echoes treatment, so it should keep appearing every now and then anyways.
    The archer girl and Nagi were added in Shadow Dragon. They weren't in the originals.

Alright, so I've had the game for about... 4 days, and I'm already at... THE MONTH.

Hidden:
    -I picked Black Eagles because I loved every single character except Edelgard and Hubert from the start. I was interested in the last two at first.
    -Went in with full intentions of going full Edelgard support, and began ignoring the 'chuch' allies and hating some of them (still don't like Catherine or Cyril)
    -Notice that Hubert is a tremendous jerk to everyone (I'm sure there's a backstory to him)
    -Notice Edelgard giving me shit because I'm mourning my father's death.
    -Notice Edelgard requiring me to talk to her in order to be on her side, instead of her coming to me to convince me to betray the church
    -Learn too late that I was supposed to talk to her at a certain point, and I've forced myself to side with the church. I can't reload to fix this.
    -SCREW IT! I'M SIDING WITH THE CHURCH! EDEL PISSED ME OFF ANYWAY!

-Currently about to start my final week of studies
    -I have every single student except Lorenz (lol) and Hilda (had I known...)
    -I've gotten both of them to B-Support
    -Now I just start the week and hope maybe both join? Here goes...

And in general, I love this game so freaking much. Oh my god, it's sooooo goooooood.
    Last edited by Insider2000; September 18th, 2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: EDIT: Got those last two students I mentioned. Sweet. Let's roll.

DLC News:
    Wave 3
    Free DLC

• New playable character: Jeritza (certain route or routes only)
    • New support conversations [presumably featuring Jeritza]
    • New activities
    • New online features
    Paid DLC
    • New playable character: Anna
    • New monastery facilities (Spa)
    • New online [features?]
    • Anna and Jeritza paralogue
    • New quests (around 10)
    • New activities: Sauna [who didn’t see this coming?], playing with dogs and cats(!)
    • New costumes: Maid, Butler and more
    • New battalions: Maid and Butler
    Wave 4
    Paid DLC

• Side story: Abyss Mode
    • New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi [tentative translations]
    • New support conversations
    • New monastery facilities
    • New online features
    • New classes (4)
    • New enemy monsters
    • New hero relics
    • New paralogues
    • New quests
    • New battalions
    • New gambits
    • New costumes for Byleth (male), Byleth (female) and Sothis
    Here it is .

I was fearing they would go SoV style and make the new playable characters be entirely new characters instead of those who were already part of the game or at least mentioned there. At least they added Jeritza and Anna in wave 3, I suppose.

Still, no Holst, no Rodrigue, no Judith, no Nader, no Ladislava, no Cornelia, not a single one of the characters the game actually hyped me for pretty much seals the fact I am not buying the DLC.
    At least I hope Holst will appear as an NPC, but I suppose teasing his appearance but never showing him is supposed to be his gag (I heard Edelgard even jokes about it in the BE-route).

I CALLED IT
    I CALLED ANNA AS WAIFU
    Knew it would be paid BUT it'sANNA
    guess I'll hold out on my second save.

I'm down for more characters.

That said, new classes? Frick yes. The Master class selection is so boring, and the fact that their growths make some of the Advanced classes... And here's hoping the sauna is for time skip only.
    Last edited by Insider2000; September 20th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

New activities is an exciting prospect because in NG+ I always had more activity points than I knew what to do with.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, dumb question: Is there a meaning for Claude's class, Barbarossa? I know it means "Red Beard", but was it a title used somewhere in the world?

Yes, in-universe it means "broken as hell."

But in all seriousness, I don't recall any references to it in the two routes I've experienced.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information