+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 467 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Thread: General Fire Emblem Thread - At Least Mario Got a Funeral

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I played casual mode on normal difficulty, and I recall enemy reinforcements coming in at the end of the enemy's turn.

By the way, are all the extra downloadable maps (the ones you buy) as hard as the last two paralogue chapters?
    The last sets are, but most of the ones before that can be done with a chapter 20 or so party without too much trouble. That's if you've been causally grinding though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    I think they do that in every mode, but there's always someone announcing that they're coming a turn or two beforehand, so all you have to do is look at the map for places that they'd appear.
    Doesn't really work with fliers, though, since they can appear from literally anywhere. There are a few maps in which they seemingly come from every angle.

But it's usually the fort reinforcements coming when I don't expect it that manage to screw me over.

Could I have some advice? My characters (that I am using) are levelled 13-15ish at the start of chapter 12, except Lissa who is level 1 promoted. I'm beginning to get the feeling I'm underlevelled, since the only one of my characters who could fight with the boss last chapter without getting doubled and killed (bar lucky dodging) was Anna, who I only took to open chests ... and now it seems that I will get pulverised by many cavaliers and knights.

Should I grind? I kinda don't want to, but . . .

Yeah you kinda have to grind in this one it feels. I got the EXP level anyways so use that for grinding + supports.

I'm at the point where I'm debating on switching out some of my regulars for their children. Only MU, Tharja, Chrom and Donnel seem to kick ass anymore.

Oh and I paired up Lucina with Gerome. Came out pretty damn well. Only did it because of the Mask thing and was pleasantly surprised.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

I finally buckled down and did the final battle. The atmosphere and music for the final boss was magnificent, but I couldn't help but spend the battle thinking that Grima could've simply ended things in one shot just by doing a barrel roll.

The story was kinda...safe overall compared to what I've heard of other Fire Emblems, but the presentation was top-notch and incredibly engrossing. I don't think it's ever taken me nearly eighty hours to do a single playthrough of a game before, beginning to credits, and I've probably spent even more time on it taking resets into account. If Intelligent Systems turns out another Fire Emblem with Awakening's baseline quality while addressing some of the minor issues I had with it, I'll be on it in a heartbeat.

It is kinda unfortunate that during the "this is what everyone did afterwards" bit during the credits that the story of your wife/husband gets swallowed up by the Avatar's.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    Could I have some advice? My characters (that I am using) are levelled 13-15ish at the start of chapter 12, except Lissa who is level 1 promoted. I'm beginning to get the feeling I'm underlevelled, since the only one of my characters who could fight with the boss last chapter without getting doubled and killed (bar lucky dodging) was Anna, who I only took to open chests ... and now it seems that I will get pulverised by many cavaliers and knights.

Should I grind? I kinda don't want to, but . . .
    Yeah, you should grind a little. Well, what you really should do is reclass some people so you can get some new skills and strengthen their stats, then promote. Which all takes grinding.

Bought alot of DLC yesterday. Golden Pack,Festival Pack,and Smash Pack.

*Haven't played any of the Smash Pack yet.
    *Festival Pack's 1st level was incredibly tedious but the 2nd one was helpful in support building and I haven't played the 3rd map yet. Still sad Tharja's ass is censored...
    *Golden Pack's money grinding level is freaking amazing as you can get some good exp and tons of money,was finally able to afford all the Second Seals I needed. The Exp map is ok,but those Counter zombies are annoying. Haven't done the last map.

Sounds like living on the Stars has censored Tharja's ass too. Honestly have no idea why it was censored in America yet over here it's not. Whereas the conversation between Tharja and Nowi about touching her breasts is censored here yet not in America (can anyone confirm?)
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

I don't know about touching them,but she did talk about them in their A support,where she used "You have the best 'boingy' bits!" So it could be censored,not sure,how would I be able to find that conversation?

Well I managed to beat the 1st Smash Brethren DLC pack. It was a bit challenging actually,even MU was getting hurt. Then again,he was only like a level 3 Grandmaster against alot of enemies.

Also completed Chapter 17,lots of enemies,good for leveling up my characters...also...
    Spoiler:
    BASILIO!!!

I was thinking about which 3DS game i would buy next and since you all seem to love this game and i keep hearing "that's the/one of the best 3DS games so far!" i bought Fire Emblem Awakening today for 25 €.
    Still have to try it out but i hope it is as good as you guys say.

Oh, it is.

Okay, after a short hiatus I'm finally on Chapter 23, about to finish. I've gotten a few more supports, and can I say:

MyUnit/Cherche's support is HILARIOUS? I think it's funniest as a female unit, I don't know how it pans out as a male.
    I got Vaike/Lissa's A support, and it was surprsingly sweet. I was going to pair Vaike and Sully again in my Hard playthrough (for the BADDASS family), but damn this was adorable. I'm torn!
    I'm going to marry Chrom next, but I'm really going to miss having Inigo as the prince. I love his supports with Chrom and Lucina.

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

I think Chrom and Lucina have the same supports, no matter who the other child is.

I love this game. I think I've put in like 300 hours since March. Finally found a chance to get the 3DS too :3

^ They do have the same supports. And yes it's still awkward watching Brady, Inigo, Morgan (M), & Kjelle getting bent out a shape over a bug or using Falchion to skin and cut fruit.

Morgan and Lucina's support if they're siblings is kind of weird, since they go of Lucina's supports instead and Morgan suddenly has his memory back.

I'm at chapter ... 8 i guess now and so far it is pretty good! I wish i had more time to play, though.

Anyway, i have a few questions and i hope you can give me some advice.
    I read that characters can marry and have children ... should i always pair the people who i want to be together up so they get a relationship as soon as possible? Or do i have enough time so i shouldn't feel any reason to rush it?
    And can weapons be repaired? If not, why should i spend so many money on forging, if they'll be destroyed anyway?

At the moment i'm trying some pairing combinations in battle which work, but i don't get the feeling i'm really succesful with it. Ah well, it's my first Fire Emblem game and i'm sure it'll work out somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    I'm at chapter ... 8 i guess now and so far it is pretty good! I wish i had more time to play, though.

I read that characters can marry and have children ... should i always pair the people who i want to be together up so they get a relationship as soon as possible? Or do i have enough time so i shouldn't feel any reason to rush it?
    And can weapons be repaired? If not, why should i spend so many money on forging, if they'll be destroyed anyway?

At the moment i'm trying some pairing combinations in battle which work, but i don't get the feeling i'm really succesful with it. Ah well, it's my first Fire Emblem game and i'm sure it'll work out somehow.
    If you don't feel the need to get the perfect child character with the most class options, or you don't care about getting every possible couple convo for the support log after beating the game, I'd say go for the pairings you want. I, for example, paired Sumia with the thief Gaius, even though that's apparently the worst of the dads for Sumia's kid. But trust me when I say, they give a whole new meaning to the "B" rank. XD

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Forging isn't really necessary until late game/doc. Even then you don't NEED it. But if you have characters with arms thrift (lvl 1 mercenary skill) when their luck gets high, you can use forged weapons without worrying about breaking them for a long time.

*points up* Ditto. I only started forging weapons when I got to the last chapters of the game, and then mostly for fun.

You can't recruit the children until later when Paralogues open up (after you can recruit Donnel and Anna), and the battles to get them are tough. The Paralgoues themselves are separate from the Chapters, you can do them inbetween.

If you're only at Chapter 8 you still have more characters to recruit anyway, so there's no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    If you don't feel the need to get the perfect child character with the most class options, or you don't care about getting every possible couple convo for the support log after beating the game, I'd say go for the pairings you want. I, for example, paired Sumia with the thief Gaius, even though that's apparently the worst of the dads for Sumia's kid. But trust me when I say, they give a whole new meaning to the "B" rank. XD
    Screw that, I love the Sumia/Gaius pairing. They're a great couple.

People should only care about eugenics if they're playing on Lunatic level anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    *points up* Ditto. I only started forging weapons when I got to the last chapters of the game, and then mostly for fun.

Yeah, the only other time I used one was a maxed out Bronze lance for Donnel when I first got him, since he's so weak.

I cleared the game on Lunatic a whiles back and now I'm playing through the game on Lunatic+.

So far I've gotten to Chapter 3 and pretty much shelved the game. If they just allowed me to buy a freaking item... or arrange my units pre-battle... or forge a weapon... or trade amongst party members prior to battle... OR SOMETHING, FUCK.
    Last edited by Jazzy Jinx; July 2nd, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Really, I'm willing to bet the first few chapters are the hardest ones on this mode. Before endgame chapters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information