+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa (Translated VN via SA) [Spoilers through DRV3]

Default Re: Dangan Ronpa (Translated VN via SA)

Quote Originally Posted by starshock12 View Post
    Ahahaha!! I was hoping that someone would make that connection...!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I love you.

Someone posted a cool DVD extra. It's a beta version of the game's first punishment used to pitch it to Spike that shows several initial character designs.

Spoiler:

Jesus it looks even more brutal with red blood.

Oh wow. For a beta version, it's safe to say that they've already had a clear idea of what they were going for in terms of atmosphere. Heck, even the animation timing and reaction shots were near identical to the finished product. The locations and characters were probably the ones that were tweaked the most.
    I think the stylistic changes that they eventually made for the game just adds to the surrealism.

Cripes, this scene still gives me the chills.

Holy moley beta-Sakura looks extremely manish.

Dat sweet, sweet merch :3

Spoiler:
    Also Holy and I have deduced the mastermind. Now we play the waiting game and see how and why.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Seriously guys we've dug in deep. We've cracked this shit. And without even taking a spoiler to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwerer Gustav View Post
    Seriously guys we've dug in deep. We've cracked this shit. And without even taking a spoiler to the face.
    I actually want to know about this, put spoiler tags or send me a PM. I also have come up with some stuff in my head so I want to know if you came up with similar theories that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwerer Gustav View Post
    Someone posted a cool DVD extra. It's a beta version of the game's first punishment used to pitch it to Spike that shows several initial character designs.

Spoiler:

I liked that old style better. The GUI even looked better. I also liked the way the "courtroom" was done. Everyone's just standing around discussing it.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

And we're back with LET'S PLAY DANGAN RONPA PART 55: NEVER GO BACK TO ASSFACE LAKE

Spoiler:

Oh god we almost had some Genocider Syo free time! What a fucking tease. ;_;

Sakura free time another snoozefest as usual. I mean I really like her character but come on.

Yamada free time more than made up for it though. I hope he teaches us about doujin forever. :)

However... what could possibly be going on in the cafeteria!? <:|c

Spoiler:
    someone's dead someone's dead someone's dead

Well, maybe not.

Fancy handwriting? Bah, that leaves too many people to make an accurate guess. Guess we'll just find out next time.

This was a lovely update.
    The pile of merchandise is tempting me far more than it should. *groan*

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...#post402411751

I hope they finally see what they're missing denying me all this Asahina free time

Dah dah dah dah! It's update time again!

Spoiler:
    Alter Ego nooooooo ;_;

Spoiler:
    Possibility of Alter Ego ending up as a 'victim' and Monobear putting on a trial to find the 'murderer': Low, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility entirely.

Time for update #57 and now, with this EVENT, the actual chapter is set in motion :)

Spoiler:
    The game in which my predictions come true forever.

But Justice Robo fucking lol couldn't see that coming.

But notice that the chapter half before investigation/trial did not end yet. So there is still more that's going to happen : )

*rolls out of bed*
    Ugh... Good morning, you bastards. No I... I'm not late to the update!

Spoiler:
    Justice Robo.
    Justice. Robo.
    JUSTICE. FUCKING. ROBO.
    God I love this game.

Spoiler:
    Justice Robo. Huh.

And there it is. Our victim. You know, I kinda thought that he would be one of the one's to survive to near the end.

Spoiler:
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!! He was one of my favorites :(

Hmmm we have very few suspects this time, Celes is really suspicious in this thing for me, I think she and Yamada were faking the whole robot thing for some reason. Now the question is, is she involved in the killing(she did it herself or was working with the person who did it)? Or did someone else, who heard the whole thing, use that moment in time to kill so that the robot would be the perfect scapegoat?

I think I almost have this murder figured out.

Background:
    Spoiler:

Based on a previous dropped photo, we know that the kids have been in this school before and are friends, right? (The picture with Rockstar Pitcher, the Trap, and the Bike Guy)

So I'm thinking that picture in that camera is in fact... OLD.

I mean, if the murderer saw a witness with a camera, it's highly unlikely he/she is going to let her go just because she begged. This killer also hit Celes twice and held a big guy like Yamada? I highly doubt it.

Celes also said she got knocked out, but she pleaded for her life, and saw the robot drag Yamada away. Huge contradiction there.

How I see it?

Celes finds the already made justice hammers and robo costume to her advantage. Yamada probably made them when they went to school there in the past, since he's the ONLY ARTIST THERE.

However, it's highly unlikely that weak Celes dragged Yamada DOWN THE STAIRS, and hit him.

Meaning.. Celes had an accomplice.

Motive time:
    Spoiler:

Celes: LOVES to gamble, she doesn't need the money. She just wants the thrill that she can get away with it. Plain and simple.

Psychic Guy: He spent his fortune on that faux crystal ball, implying he has no more money. He needs it, Celes made a 50-50 deal with him.

The fall guy:

Ishimaru: He always spouts out about justice. He's the perfect guy to frame. He's probably gonna die too.

Execution:
    Spoiler:

Tools: Hammers, Costume

Yamada WAS on the third floor, he has no reason to lie. We know this truth.

Psychic guy kidnaps Yamada, meanwhile Celes hits HERSELF with justice hammer #1. Makes bullshit story, Yamada would've definitely remembered Celes PLEADING FOR HER LIFE, he doesn't even mention seeing her.

Psychic guy hits Yamada with justice hammer #2. It doesn't kill him. Big mistake. He runs still in costume because he can't dispose of it. Not yet.

Celes sets up another chance by leading him into the infirmary.

Celes suggests they split up, calls "YOOHOO" to lead the entire group to one area.

Now that everyone's in one area, Psychic guy can strike Yamada again.

Another murder has to happen now so Celes can get her cake. Will it be psychic guy himself? Or Ishimaru?

This isn't over.

Alternate plan #2:

Spoiler:

Tools: Alter-Ego, Hammer, Costume

Same as above except Psychic guy isn't an accomplice. Celes actually hits Yamada 3 times. Once in the alter-ego room, drags him downstairs and hits him again expecting it to kill him.

Celes has to try again and get him alone.

Now the tricky part:

Yamada goes to the infirmary.

The group splits up.

Celes goes to alter ego and tells it imitate Yamada screaming (it could, he just got attacked in front of it) in 5 minutes. She kills Yamada, and then yells Yohoo after coming back.

She has her "alibi".

Last edited by pyromonki; April 13th, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Spoiler:
    I'd go more with plan b. Holy and I have some pretty good theories about who will make it to the end, and Hagakure (psychic dude) is one of them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information