+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

Default Re: Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

Thank you man! One day people will look back fondly and go, "remember the days when we could just ask the official translator of One Piece any thing about translations?" That time is now.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Can anyone make out Monet's tattoo in this weeks issue? It's pretty clean and clear but what the heck is it?

Here it is zoomed in as much as Alpha will let me:

It doesn't really resemble Nami's tattoo all that much, I don't think, but I have no clue what else it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC
    Man, woman, who cares!? Sure, they love show tunes, but who doesn't?

It's probably just hair, considering it's absent in every other panel of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    It's probably just hair, considering it's absent in every other panel of her.
    Well in the next panel with her offering candy she has different clothing, so I am not entirely convinced. It couldn't be her hair from that drawing considering its color and the out line of her arm is clear. Couldn't be a child's hair either. So far we've only seen Monet as far back as that flashback in this scene. Her meeting the children most likely comes before Law reaching the island. I could see there being a reason she had to cover it up later if it is indeed a tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Well in the next panel with her offering candy she has different clothing, so I am not entirely convinced. It couldn't be her hair from that drawing considering its color and the out line of her arm is clear. Couldn't be a child's hair either. So far we've only seen Monet as far back as that flashback in this scene. Her meeting the children most likely comes before Law reaching the island. I could see there being a reason she had to cover it up later if it is indeed a tattoo.
    How does having different clothing remove a tattoo? Her arm was also clearly visible in chapter 666 in two panels with no hint of a tattoo.

I guess I don't understand the logic of needing to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    How does having different clothing remove a tattoo? Her arm was also clearly visible in chapter 666 in two panels with no hint of a tattoo.

I guess I don't understand the logic of needing to cover it up.
    I remember some folks saying things like "in the next panel, the tattoo is gone." I am saying well her clothes are different so some amount of time has passed.

As I said above, if it is a tattoo, I could see Monet covering it up possibly because of Law's arrival. Why? I don't know, but they did have the same boss at one point, though seemingly not at the same time.

Around the time Mocha and the others met Caesar his goons were still in balloons. So pre Law there is a glimpse of a tatoo. But with that said it would have to be assumed that when Monet is giving the candy it was after Law arrived on the island, which doesn't make too much sense if her memory is chronological, unless its just any random time she is giving candy.

What ever it is it certainly isn't hair from any character. Could be a mistake, but I think it's something to just keep an eye on.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; November 16th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.

Just noticed. The cover for chapter 691 wasn't included in the Shonen Jump Alpha release this week. Kind of weird..

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

*checks*

Ehhhhhhh? Maybe theyre too busy including so many titles in issues now

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    *checks*

Ehhhhhhh? Maybe theyre too busy including so many titles in issues now
    That's a shame if so.

Alpha only readers are going to miss out on the further developments of Caribou's cover story.

AP Discord

The cover for 691 isn't Caribou, it's a Film Z tie-in colorspread featuring all the Marine characters. I don't know if it was the fact that it's advertising a movie that isn't available yet in North America, or if their viewer just can't handle the full size of the colorspread (it's a foldout rather than 2 pages) but it's not in there.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    The cover for 691 isn't Caribou, it's a Film Z tie-in colorspread featuring all the Marine characters. I don't know if it was the fact that it's advertising a movie that isn't available yet in North America, or if their viewer just can't handle the full size of the colorspread (it's a foldout rather than 2 pages) but it's not in there.
    Okay, why the hell is everyone trying to hide that spread ? I mean realy, this is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Okay, why the hell is everyone trying to hide that spread ? I mean realy, this is getting ridiculous.
    I don't see what the big deal is when I read Stephen's speculation, it makes sense.

Yeah, I'm aware of it being a Film Z color spread.

It does kind of make sense though that they would exclude it (due to your first point).

AP Discord

read the new chapter for the 1-7-2012 issue
    colorspread feat. the arcs characters and a few others for ch.693 instead of the sidestory series.

why did we lose the Chapter sidestory in mid-chapter?
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Oda drew three straight color spreads for Ch. 691-693. The cover story arc resumes in 694 next Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    why did we lose the Chapter sidestory in mid-chapter?
    Because we always do. Oda typically does a color image every fourth or fifth week (sometimes even every third) and they'll interrupt whatever he's doing, be it character coverstory, where are they now, or strawhats playing with animals.

It's totally normal. Just in this case Oda had three color spreads in a row so its a longer gap than usual.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

did anyone notice my Pokemon joke in 695?

did anyone notice my Pokemon joke in 695?
    You know I did but I couldn't tell if it was intentional or not, lol. Super ineffective right?

Is Stephen translating One Piece in general now, or only for Alpha? I know common sense would mean just that, but I'm just asking xD
    Still have many volumes to buy till I get to the volumes translated by you :D

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information