+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

Default Re: Chapters ALPHA: "Super Discussion"

Oh well I'll stick to buying the volumes.

All in all it comes out to the same price, Oda and Viz are still getting there money.

Quote Originally Posted by evelyne View Post
    No that means that you will buy scans that you can read for free while being 3 chapters late compared to others
    This man speaks truth.
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

Isn't this thread just for chapter discussions about One Piece chapters released in SJ Alpha? Do we really need people just ranting about SJ Alpha in this thread?
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

Great chapter in Alpha this week. It was nice actually being able to see the prisoners.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

loved the chapter, but I must say I actually liked the translation of these last three panels better bthe way I first saw them
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c660/8.html

I like the recognizing his resolve, it seems more like a One Piece thing to say, though it was probably the wrong translation

and again the can't fend for myself sounded better to me

BUT!!!!! I loved the translations between law and smoker it really seems like he thinks smoker is actually plotting something and is suspicious of him, it gives a completely different out look on this chapter, it makes it seem like maybe law is actually a good guy, at the very least it shows his distrust for the navy and makes it seem like he knows other parts of the navy would not appreciate what he was doing

and obviously it shows he knows nothing about smoker

so thank you again this cleared up a lot for me

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Great chapter in the 4/16 edition of SJA.
    Sadly next issue will be a break issue and next chapter will be on 4/30.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Despite reading the scans as well, I love being able to go back to the Alpha translations and just have things clarified with the future in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    Despite reading the scans as well, I love being able to go back to the Alpha translations and just have things clarified with the future in mind.
    Same here. I don't have a subscription, but I buy the chapters seperately, especially if I'm curious about the translations. I didn't buy this weeks though. How was the Harpy's name spelled?

Monet, I thought that was the better way to spell it. If only cause I have friends who spell it that way.

One Piece chapter 668 in Alpha has a perfect view of Sabo's 3 cups. Just pointing another reason why Alpha is awesome!

"One Piece is on break next week" (or whatever exactly it said)

A-freaking-gain? Really?

I hate to say it, but I feel a slight bit disconnected from One Piece lately, and these breaks just aren't helping any. I really did enjoy this last chapter, but now another break?

(I wonder if I'm the only one who actually follows the manga exclusively through SJAlpha now?)

It can't be helped and there is nothing you can do about. It might be easier on yourself to take month long breaks and then read them in chunks, or wait for the volumes. Either way you gotta wait for something, that's life.

Oda needs those breaks to keep up the quality. It's a fair trade. At least Oda doesn't go on Togashi -long hiatuses.

It's widely agreed-upon that the constant breaks this year are a direct result of Oda's involvement in Movie Z. They're happening about the same time before release as they did before Strong World.

And during the Strong World years, it was break after break after break. Too bad too sad. Let Oda do his thing, he's still loyal to us.

Loved this issue of Alpha. Well the One Piece portion of it anyway. It really is awesome reading these in ultra high clarity with having knowledge of what goes on 2 chapters in advance. With Stephen's translation you don't miss a thing or question motives and make your own conclusion.

Luffy: "Let's raise some hell!!!"

Stephen is the man! And to think eventually we will get these translations in the actual volumes!

I agree. The Shounen Jump Alpha releases are just... they're pretty fantastic. I'm a little disappointed that the volumes have slowed down recently, but with weekly chapters, I don't see it as a big deal right now.

I really hope the team at Shonen Jump Alpha has plans for going international in the future, because I'm pretty sure a significant chunk of the fan base is there too. If SJA was available in Australia/the UK there's no way I would resort to scanlations from sites such as MangaPanda.

Stephen if you are around I've got a question. In the latest Alpha chapter Sanji kicks the crap out of Vergo and say's something like, "you're probably made of metal or something right?." The way it's read in Japanese, does it kind of elude to Iron Body/Tekkai? Or does Sanji give a sense of a devil fruit power?

Much closer to Tekkai. He actually uses the kanji for tekkai ("iron mass") but split apart into their individual words ("like a mass of iron")

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information