+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default The Last of Us

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214227p1.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213907p1.html

http://www.lastofus.com/

I'm pretty sure some have heard about this already. New PS3 exclusive game "The Last of Us" not much has been revealed about the gameplay or story. but it does appear to be some type of apocalyptic game (going by name and screen shots and some statements). The way the game seems like it's going to be I feel like this will be a shooter of some sort.

First link has a couple
    Second link has a teaser trailer. (Just a note to anyone who hasn't seen the teaser trailer yet the footage is real footage not game footage.)
    Third link has a ant video with a weird myserious end.

Right now my judement on the game is reserved for not enough info has been revealed. The screenshots, if they are from the game, do show that it will have good graphics. It is due to be announced at the 2011 Spike TV Video Game awards.

First impressions?
    Last edited by KaizokuJinbei; December 7th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Default Re: The Last of Us

Naughty Dog is developing it... wasn't expecting that. I can't say I feel too happy with them making a zombie game.

Looks interesting. Will keep an eye on it. Hopefully it'll be more open than Uncharted.

Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson are playing the leads. Troy Baker is becoming the next Nolan North it seems, he's starting to really be in everything. Lol, a lot of people were thinking the little girl was being played by Ellen Page because she sounded and even looked like her.

You know this reminds me of I Am Legend a little bit
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    You know this reminds me of I Am Legend a little bit
    Yeah, a lot of people have made the comparison. Hopefully this game is actually good tho, unlike that movie.

Also, it has been confirmed that this will be Naughty Dog's first M-rated title as well as it being strictly singleplayer with no multiplayer component.

Didn't really have a multiplayer vibe to it. maybe a co-op story vibe. but no multiplayer.

Didn't really have a multiplayer vibe to it
    Two characters alone against a bunch of zombies, yeah, I don't see how multiplayer can fit into that. *sarcasm*

I'm quite sure that their statement of not having any multiplayer also excludes split-screen co-op, but that could be quite fun.

Co-op is technically multiplayer, so if ND is saying no multiplayer then chances are no co-op either. I love co-op tho, so I hope we do get it. But everyone says co-op would ruin this game due to be survival horror. Speaking of that, I hope this game isn't too scary cause I want to really enjoy it, but horror games are a bit much for me.

In that case, I wonder if the player can somehow alternate between Joel and Ellie. Maybe have two different campaigns or something like that.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214496p1.html

"Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US."

If it is a journey across the US then this certainly won't be a short story.

Also I like the VA choices.

Late 2012/Early 2013 release. The main characters aren't related. Naughty Dog isn't calling it a video game, they're calling it an experience.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...-a-video-game/

Additionally the lead designer from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is working on the game.

It's 3rd person is it? sounds good

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214496p1.html

"Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US."

If it is a journey across the US then this certainly won't be a short story.

Also I like the VA choices.
    I wouldn't underestimate the games industry's ability to make short games. I mean look at Uncharted 3. You pretty much cross the world looking for a lost city in the middle of a desert. And the game's like 8 hours long.

Uncharted 3 had so many faults it isn't even funny. I'm still stunned Naughty Dog made that... I want to not hate on it cause I love the series, love the gameplay... but maaaaan.

Watching the trailer, I kind of of got the, "Ugh, another game trying to be like a movie" vibe. But I probably shouldn't hold that against the game.

Still, I'd really like to see a post-apocalyptic game that doesn't have some kind of zombie-like creatures if it hasn't been done already. The creatures look cool though. The concept of trekking across the country in a dead world sounds interesting, holds a lot of potential. Even with these monsters the trailer makes me think this is gonna be a survival-action game with less emphasis on horror.

Some concept art: http://kotaku.com/5868306/the-first-...f-us/gallery/1

Also, people are getting really hot-headed over the fact of how much Ellie looks like Ellen Page. Jesus, get over it people! Going as far as even saying "Ellen Page should sue!"

Maaan. I wonder if Naughty Dog is going to redesign her over this controversy. If they do how much you wanna bet she'll look uglier?

I don't think she looks like Ellen Page that much.

Why does it matter? Ellen Page is hot.

I completely forgot to post this little tidbit about the game.

It's been in development for 4 YEARS. Naughty Dog are good at keeping secrets.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information