+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 644: "To Zero"

Default Re: Chapter 644: "To Zero"

Great chapter. The story is progressing in a good way.

The best part of the chapter by far was Hody's facefault in the second-to-last panel.

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

I don't usually do this but..

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by asm00200 View Post
    Lol, Hody is gonna go kaboom right now.

I FUCKING CALLED IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA

And no Oda, going back to zero isn't enough. You need to erase zero and go back to nothing. Haven't you played metal gear?

The masked, torch weilding NFP reminded me of the KKK.

16 characters of speechlessness.

That was an amazing chapter.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Good chapter, it certainly has more "feeling" than the late ones.

But I really hope this is the end for Hody. Please Oda, no more Hody, he is such a retarded character.

Well, Hodi is supposed to be that way, if that helps.

Was totally amazing! should have said the attack is its written tho I think, Hiken pistol. Interested wether the kanji is tomodachi or nakama when hes talking to the Prince about being friends. Might have a new candidate to join ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    One piece, where fire is created in the ocean.
    They were inside the bubble when luffy attacked hody that's why his attack was (finally) so powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darkwolf View Post
    Jimbei survived being punched through so there is precedence of a fishman surviving a hole in the chest .
    Nope akainu didn't punch through Jimbei

And I'm still not sure if luffy did really punch through Hody, the explosion we see might just be some sort of impact explosion thing. But it'd be cool if he really did impale him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey.D.Joeru View Post
    the elephant gun hasn't been referred to as blue afaik. It looks as if the arm is jet black in both cases, the reason why it is called red hawk in this situation is partially for japanese naming reasons I don't understand and also because of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Redhawk
    elephant gun and snake shot are real things too.
    okay I only say elephant gun could be blue because it's blue in gigant battle 2

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siege View Post
    Was totally amazing! should have said the attack is its written tho I think, Hiken pistol. Interested wether the kanji is tomodachi or nakama when hes talking to the Prince. Might have a new candidate to join.
    Maybe, though i have a feeling he'll go the way of the other royalty-based SH "nakama" from a while back. Jinbei still seems like the most logical candidate to me, in that he can actually fight on the SH's level and has far more character development than the prince does.

Fishman ILLUMINATI GANG...

Oda is a politician, isn't he? ;)

Very tight chapter. Luffy's new attack is just EPIC... reminds me of the pure justice blow (: aka AKAINU. + Underwater :D its too BADASS.

Cheers UP!
    Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    My 1st Rap Video Clip

I'd love to see a jet gatling version of this move, maybe a red hawk flock?

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

Are you guys sure they were inside of Noah's bubble of air? Isn't Hody swimming toward Luffy...? And Shirahoshi swimming with Luffy...? And Luffy is still in his own bubble, while I can't see one on Hody. What exactly visually indicates they went inside it?

I fking hope this is the last chapter of this saga.....how long does it take for one fking ship to crash. Its been the same sort of sh*t the past 5 chapters, lets hope this noah saga will end in the next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by tang na kr View Post
    I fking hope this is the last chapter of this saga.....how long does it take for one fking ship to crash. Its been the same sort of sh*t the past 5 chapters, lets hope this noah saga will end in the next chapter.
    well going through highly pressurised water and at the vast scale's we are talking about I'd imagine it would probably take quite a while

Oda has done a great job with Hody Jones. His character has been drawn out by this flashback. To see how hatred starts, and the Queen's words of, "Don't let the children see," is really coming to life this chapter. Oda has shown why he is head and shoulders above his fellow writers. Too bad this concept will go over a lot of people head because this arc is not "action pack." This arc has been one of the best Oda has written in along time. I don't know how Oda does it.

I don't believe Luffy killed Hody. It would never go past the publishers, and Oda would not go against his words. I seen Pell get blown up, Decken stab, Zoro get his chest slashed open, and WB take everything. Hody is going to survive. If he does not thsn I will be shocked!!!

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Oooo sounds like sh**'s about to get real. Can't wait for next chapter.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    That fire thing is either a haki-based-move like Marigold did (Boa sisters), or Luffy made an extra-hot G2-move.
    I prefer the latter one tbh.
    Or he punched so fast his fist became like a shuttle or meteor on entering. Its not actually catching on fire nor heating himself up, its friction.

Quote Originally Posted by BartArt View Post
    Nope akainu didn't punch through Jimbei
    Yes he did.

"We pretended not to see this warped grudge ... we were busy worrying about progress."

Rereading this chapter, I can't help but be amazed not only by the pitch-perfect pacing (especially with the flashbacks) -- but also by the writing. Fukaboshi's narration is the highlight of this chapter for me, and I haven't even dug up Aohige's translation from the spoiler section yet -- but when I do that, I'm sure will make the words even more resonant. Looking forward to Stephen's translation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis cypher View Post
    according to Aohige it should be Red Hawk, not hook
    Nice. Where I live, there's a large number of red-shouldered and red-tailed hawks, and I once had the opportunity to see a red-shoulder kill and eat a mouse from only a few feet away. It was an intense, bloody experience that I won't forget any time soon. Luffy's new move is well-named.

Quote Originally Posted by newbatthis View Post
    It feels like the story is really moving now.
    Agreed. We're on solid ground finally, and it hasn't been this firm since before the time-skip.
    I'm finally looking forward again to future chapters with the same impatience I had just before the timeskip.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I'm not sure how well the KKK comparison works though.. FishandMer folks are very much oppressed in very obvious ways by the people they're hating. It's hard to argue the same for the KKK, especially in the beginning of their existance.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphingx View Post
    Wow, when I started reading OP I sure as hell wasn't expecting something this profound from a shonen manga.
    Agreed.
    To Oda's credit, OP has had many more moments of depth and thoughtfulness in past arcs than many other shonen manga -- but this chapter is at a different level entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey.D.Joeru View Post
    and there is a type of gun called redhawk, we could speculate his new attacks by working out other weapons with animal based names :P.
    Ah! thanks for enlightening us about the redhawk gun. That's pretty funny. So it looks like this will be similar to Zoro's habit of naming his attacks after sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Wow, I kinda hope that's the end for Hodi cause that would make for a great climax to the fight! Better still, it was preceded by a nice flashback. I liked the look into Hodi's character. He's a pitiful bastard, but it's nice to see that how he came to be that way.
    I agree -- this would be the perfect moment to make Hodi finally go away. (and I'm not saying that simply because I've been saying that for the last, oh, ten chapters or so, -- I'm saying it now because I truly agree with you onemoment: that this feels like the perfect time, story-wise, plot-wise, emotion-wise, etc, to have Hodi say goodbye.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    Are you guys sure they were inside of Noah's bubble of air? Isn't Hody swimming toward Luffy...? And Shirahoshi swimming with Luffy...? And Luffy is still in his own bubble, while I can't see one on Hody. What exactly visually indicates they went inside it?
    Ohm, no I guess I'm not a 100% sure, I mostly figured for two reasons

1) The time spent in the chapter focusing on the fact that the bubble was up

2) Luffy being able to launch such a strong attack.

I mean luffy is strong, but underwater his strength dwindles + movement slows down for non fishman beings in water.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information