+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My pc can't get a decent signal. I need a range extender or better card...help!

Default My pc can't get a decent signal. I need a range extender or better card...help!

SO my pc is getting a weak signal from the box downstairs and i can't manage to suss it out any other way then buying some kind of antenna or booster to help find and stream the signal better. i don't know if the best option is to get a new wireless card or some kind of usb device that will help. Anyone else got this problem or have any suggestions how to fix it?

Default Re: My pc can't get a decent signal. I need a range extender or better card...help!

You can always try relocating your wireless router to an open and higher area. Keep it out of cabinets and enclosed spaces.

Default Re: My pc can't get a decent signal. I need a range extender or better card...help!

What kind of wireless card do you have in your computer? Even adjusting the box a few inches in different directions can help improve the signal, I found that out myself. Also check to see what channel your router is using, that could cause interference.

None of that is working efficiently enough. It just seems to change day to day and mess things up for me at the worst of times.

I have a nice little device that makes all electrical sockets stream internet through them and works great on the ps3, but i can't get it to work on my PC. Hopefully tech support will sort it out by Wednesday otherwise i'll have to look at another option as listed above.

Wouldn't mind some info on wireless cards in general though as my current one is a bit naff. Especially when its sitting next to an i7 processor that just seems to shun it as if my pc has a class system in place. lol
    Last edited by Smudger; October 2nd, 2011 at 12:58 PM.

Unless you need Wlan in three remote corners of the house far away from each other, this is how you do it.

Last edited by m00n; October 3rd, 2011 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks for the help.

Finally figured out my net and connections. For some reason it wouldn't let me view wired settings or anything related to the homeplug system i had in place, which was annoying as i couldn't confirm speeds or connectivity, though I could by checking by means of a simple search and through speedtest sites.

Anyway it is done, though i might have to fork out 20 to split the connection from the wall plug between the pc and ps3.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information