+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62
Results 1,221 to 1,235 of 1235

Thread: Monthly Writing Competition: Keep Up The Standard!

Default Re: Monthly Writing Competition: Keep Up The Standard!

We'd need participants as well as judges and organizers. Some prominent members from the past of the competition have already left and some only come on here occasionally, but I think we might be able to find people to fill the void left by Jazzy Jinx and Kitsune Inferno primarily. I'm absolutely up for it, if people start getting more active and contribute to make it happen.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

I'm willing to/ mega keen to judge & organise if there are people who want to enter.

I've been kind of planning other things to gently blow some life over this section (that was meant to be as opposed to pump some life into) but I'm always either lazy or busy lol.

Oh i didn't even remember this part of the forum! I'm just lurking about, trying to escape from my work obligations :B
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Oh hey. Anyone remember me 'round these parts?

If the competition comes back, I'd be willing to judge. Maybe not every time, but here and there. I really liked what the competition did for the Writers here, so it'd be something of a shame to let it just die here. I might even write something for it every now and then. So please, by all means, let's keep it going, you have my support, if it means anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylor View Post
    Oh hey. Anyone remember me 'round these parts?
    I remember you~~! (^_^)

If the competition comes back, I'd be willing to judge. Maybe not every time, but here and there. I really liked what the competition did for the Writers here, so it'd be something of a shame to let it just die here. I might even write something for it every now and then. So please, by all means, let's keep it going, you have my support, if it means anything at all.
    Yeah, I'm game too. Even though I participated in the Monthly Competition only once before, I'd love to do it again, and to be a bigger part of Arlong Park's writing community. It is a shame to let this sub-forum just wither out of existence, so I'd be more than happy to help take part in future competitions any way I can, whether as a Judge, Organizer, or Contestant. You guys have my support as well.

And hey, does Fan-fiction count for submitted entries? Just curious.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

I'm willing to help with the revival of this subforum if people are serious about it. The problem is that even before Jazzy left things were starting to peter out as a result of reviews not being done or people not submitting stories.

And that's totally fine. Real life gets in the way and there are more important things to do than write stories for a small group on a One Piece subforum. But I'm not too keen on the idea of spending hours writing or reviewing for a monthly contest that starts and never finishes.

I feel that what we need is someone who is really willing to take charge and sacrifice some of their own personal time to make things happen. A few months ago I kicked around the idea of trying to be that person, but I had to be honest with myself and realize that I didn't have the ability or time. But if I see that someone here has the drive to allow this scrappy little subforum a place in their list of serious commitments, then I will do whatever I can to back them up whether it's judging, submitting more chapters of my story, etc.

tldr: The second someone steps up and flat out says, "I'm organizing the next contest" I'm game.
    My 3DS friend code is 4012-5016-7408.
    Let's smash!

Hmm, well, I need to look into the practical stuff, i.e. editing threads or posting new ones for the purpose, finding judges, and making the preparations, but in theory I'm fairly open to organize a monthly for June. This month is full of finals and all kinds of other stuff keeping me busy, but next month might be a nice time to revive this project.

But sure, I'll say it now; I'm organizing the next contest.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

On a related but slightly off topic note, I'd like to try running one of those "writing conference" style things, aiming for early to mid June, if there's any interest. I'll post something about it later, probably, with more words and a greater semblance of planning.

Good to see some more interest in this thing :) I unfortunately can't contribute much in my current state, but I would volunteer to review if I had alternate means of communicating with the organizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Good to see some more interest in this thing :) I unfortunately can't contribute much in my current state, but I would volunteer to review if I had alternate means of communicating with the organizer.
    And you're saying you don't? :P

Dryish its JUNE ALREADY

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    And hey, does a Fan-fiction story count for submitted entries? Just curious.
    Still curious, if someone wants to answer this.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Still curious, if someone wants to answer this.
    my god, actual posts in this thread?? In regards to your question, I can almost hear the sound of Kenny complaining. Last I checked fanfiction is allowed as long as it meets the character minimum requirement. we had a really bad fanfiction entry waaaaay back that was a) under the minimum and b) scarcely understandable. just don't be that person. otherwise I'll have to shank you. also I don't know when we're even having another monthly. people have been busy after all.

:( so i can't post my fiction of "the smurfs and the moomins meet Uncle Scrooge"?
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Could we please revive this thread? I've had so much fun just lurking around and reading others' work...
    I'm sure we can find even more people to join the competition and don't let this great idea die!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    Oh i didn't even remember this part of the forum! I'm just lurking about, trying to escape from my work obligations :B
    Yeah, I'm game too. Even though I participated in the Monthly Competition only once before, I'd love to do it again, and to be a bigger part of Arlong Park's writing community. It is a shame to let this sub-forum just wither out of existence, so I'd be more than happy to help take part in future competitions any way I can, whether as a Judge, Organizer, or Contestant. You guys have my support as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbling2 View Post
    I'm willing to help with the revival of this subforum if people are serious about it. The problem is that even before Jazzy left things were starting to peter out as a result of reviews not being done or people not submitting stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    It shouldn't be too hard to organise one of these for July. What do I need to do, declare it's running, get the first post edited, find judges later?

There'll be a monthly running in July, if enough people enter. (tadaa)

Will try and get much of the surrounding admin stuff done by the end of tomorrow. I don't think the achievements are really necessary but if someone else wants to think of some, be my guest.

Anyway, there's substantially more interest in reviving this than in the writing conferences, so it's a much better use of my attention for the time being :p

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information