+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 639: "I`ll protect all" -Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 639: "I`ll protect all" -Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    Tsumi-kun has been a bad boy though. Punching is bad. He needs a slap on the face and time out.
    Oh come on, Decken treated him not so nicely, his heart is broken. He needs a hug! It's all because those bad men feed him those pills and told him lies! He's innocent!

Quote Originally Posted by Myu View Post
    And no one seems to be eager about saying what number is Hyouzou is over.
    And all the Bleach mocking... Every one of them made me smile. I love you guys really.
    Hyouzou is over 7, since he has 8 limbs

Also, Hodi makes for a better shinobi than any ninja in Naruto. He actually can use underhand and sneaky tactics that work. Well, Hodi was cool until Luffy reminded him that he's a punching bag pillow squeeky toy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Oh come on, Decken treated him not so nicely, his heart is broken. He needs a hug! It's all because those bad men feed him those pills and told him lies! He's innocent!
    And so Jinbei will hug him, and Sanji will bake a manjuu for him.

I realize a problem with the fight match ups. As long as Sanji is in the same area, can anyone of importance get away with attacking Nami or Robin? Unless either of these ladies get knocked someone out of his vision, I fear they'll get cheated out of their fights-of-the-arc. Which would be a shame, since I would like to see the less common fighters get a match.

Also, about Caribou, assuming each fighter only gets one major fight here, who is going to fight him? Zoro, Sanji, Luffy, and Jimbe are all taken and only they can possibly hurt logia users.. I guess it's possible that either of those guys just fight again assuming their current battles go well, or maybe Caribou gets the Van Decken treatment and gets owned quickly. Or, maybe Franky fights him with some yet-to-be-seen sea stone weapon? He was the guy to trap Caribou in a barrel, so you could say they have a rivalry going.

In fact, the rivalry's are all like this so far, simple and obvious:

Chopper: You wreck my tank, we must fight.
    Zoro: You have a sword, we must fight.
    Jimbe: You punch me? I kick you!
    Sanji: You indirectly cause Nami to lightly fall down? Fucking killing ya.
    Luffy: Too many to count.

Again, I'm waiting for someone to knock down a historical monument or state that music or whales are stupid.

Cool chapter! i guess the wadatsumi vs sanji and jimbe will end pretty fast

Awwww, Zori is awesome.
    Hyouzou reminded me of something or rather someone... Gin. He said he would be baaack. But I wonder wheeeeeen.
    Kay. Awesome chapter! :D
    You should really vote for Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I realize a problem with the fight match ups. As long as Sanji is in the same area, can anyone of importance get away with attacking Nami or Robin? Unless either of these ladies get knocked someone out of his vision, I fear they'll get cheated out of their fights-of-the-arc. Which would be a shame, since I would like to see the less common fighters get a match.
    Nami will probably tell him to not but in and knock him over the head with her climatact.

Good chapter. My favourite parts? Easy:

-The VERY short fight Hodi vs VDD; wasn't expecting VDD to try and kick Hodi with a hidden knive, but even less that Judo throw that Hodi did. . .WITH HIS TEETH! Short, but good.

-Surume acting all tough and shadow boxing in front of Surume. I cracked up at that, it's fucking hilarious!

-Jinbe's roundhouse kick with elements of Toriko's Kugi Punch. Awesome!

Overall, pretty sweet chapter, but again, I want more. . .

Eight pages in, and maybe this is an obvious comment so no one said it, but seemed pretty clear to me that Jinbe teaming up with Sanji was a way to balance out Sanji being such a dick to him earlier in the arc.

Also, Decken coming back from that axe-hit will be Pellian in calibre.

Not sure how to feel about Jinbe being paired with Sanji. Considering how strong Jinbe seems to be it's unnecessary and it just takes away from Sanji having an awesome fight that can show us his new potential. Kind of like the one Zoro is having ...

Come on Oda, I want Sanji to actually have character development this half of the story!

But maybe Jinbe can teach Sanji something during this fight... Or something. Like he does something and then later Sanji is like "Ohh well here is a trick I yada yada". You know, kicking. Karate. Stuff. :P

Well. It won't be the first time for Sanji to switch opponents. He was only after Wadatsumi cause of Nami. Now, if he were to somehow know what Caribou has been up to.............10 lives wont be enough for Caribou to survive the coming onslaught.

really fast chapter overall i liked it i don't think that sanji will have a long battle with that big guy (don't remember the name :p ),he needs a much better opponent

Just got a chance to read the chapter on my lunch break and ... SWEET!
    Really, that's all that needs to be said. But also:

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I realize a problem with the fight match ups. As long as Sanji is in the same area, can anyone of importance get away with attacking Nami or Robin?
    Well, as long as he's stuck with one opponent, others can always sneak in and fight the ladies. And since there seem to be no shortage of bad-guys milling around, Robin and Nami will undoubtedly see some action. Now I'm curious as to who the others will be matched with.

I'm waiting for someone to knock down a historical monument or state that music or whales are stupid ...
    Nice! ;)

EDIT: @ ponx -- exactly! Hoping for that. Really want to see him matched with Caribou, but this other fight w/ Jimbe should be fun too. Wonder if they'll do any combo-type attacks.
    "Over-thinking,
    over-analyzing ..."

......-- Tool (from Lateralus)

Quote Originally Posted by kagexp View Post
    But maybe Jinbe can teach Sanji something during this fight... Or something. Like he does something and then later Sanji is like "Ohh well here is a trick I yada yada". You know, kicking. Karate. Stuff. :P
    Still, Sanji isn't getting his own one-on-one epic fight with a real menace like Zoro is. Instead, he gets to tag with Jinbe on beating up a crybaby enemy, who, granted, is potentially strong, but still not quite an established danger like SSJ Hyouzo (seeing how regular Hyouzou could withstand and counter Luffy's attack, while regular wadatsumi got owned in every single confrontation he's been in so far.)

I guess since Sanji is one of my favorites it kind of annoys me to see Oda give so much love to Zoro, making him more awesome with every chapter, while Sanji has become so one-dimensional it hurts. The Sanji from Baratie had a lot of potential for character growth, and from that only the "I love women" aspect has been explored and overblown.

Can anyone get the full page of this picture? It isn`t on mangastream nor mangareader ):

Spoiler:

First off, Rayleigh-sensei is amazing, even without being in the chapter.

Second, Hody's power level seems to really waver. First he could slash straight through bedrock, but now he can't even cut up Ryuu and Man. He doesn't need to actually touch them to cut through.

Third, Decken is the one who needs hugs. And bandaids. He was actually badass this chapter.

Fourth, Waratsumi will become a punching bag. Don't know how well Jinbe and Sanji will team up, but in the case they do... I'll forfeit all I said to disprove Jinbe joining

Fifth, I want to know the name of what technique Robin was using before Zoro butted in again.

Sixth, I should have put this earlier... IGARAM'S MOUSTACHE. It's so amazing after getting used to knowing him as the guy who crossdressed and was confused for his wife.

Seventh... thank you for reading if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    Can anyone get the full page of this picture? It isn`t on mangastream nor mangareader ):

Ah, there it is. I didn't see this in the spoilers thread, so thanks. Sorry I can't help you.
    Last edited by rubia_ryu; September 13th, 2011 at 01:38 PM.

So, the arc stopped because Decken is done for or because he switched his curse to Hody?

I have the will of D Trafalgar D. Jd's Avatar

Ahaa epic chapter, the translation was a tad shocking but i appreciate the effort nonetheless!

The look in Luffy's eyes! i love it, hands down these guys arent going to be challenging at all monster upgrade or not

'Its not as powerful underwater' LOLCANO id say Hodi disagrees

Just like every other OP arc, the scene has finally been set. anyone wanna hazard a guess at what other moves we'll be seeing?
    especially regarding Luffy
    Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Quote Originally Posted by Baldulf View Post
    So, the arc stopped because Decken is done for or because he switched his curse to Hody?
    If any, that should be the second, since he used the hand that previously was locked on Hachi

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post

Kinda weird to quote myself but i noticed something...

Unless Caribou`s shirt has some reddish/brownish decoration/blood on the neck, his skin is freakin toasted owo
    Last edited by Skadi; September 13th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Still, Sanji isn't getting his own one-on-one epic fight with a real menace like Zoro is. Instead, he gets to tag with Jinbe on beating up a crybaby enemy, who, granted, is potentially strong, but still not quite an established danger like SSJ Hyouzo (seeing how regular Hyouzou could withstand and counter Luffy's attack, while regular wadatsumi got owned in every single confrontation he's been in so far.)

I guess since Sanji is one of my favorites it kind of annoys me to see Oda give so much love to Zoro, making him more awesome with every chapter, while Sanji has become so one-dimensional it hurts. The Sanji from Baratie had a lot of potential for character growth, and from that only the "I love women" aspect has been explored and overblown.
    I so agree (but I think we saw a little "old" Sanji in Enies Lobby). I totally get why you are annoyed, but this seems more like a build up than anything and I think Sanji will get his time to shine. What I'm afraid of is Jinbe joi- Oi forbidden topic! Sorry!
    Anyways, I am sure he will get more "screen time" so to say, I don't have any proof that don't belong anywhere outside the dumb prediction threat BUT I have feeling. Or a certain sense...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information