+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread Version 3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Uh, no. Viz are linking to amazon who no longer stock it so amazon marketplace prices are showing up instead.

Neither viz nor amazon have ever sold colour walk for $100 - I got mine for around 15.
    actually last month, it was $74.99 in amazon, and it seems someone bought it... and now its $100....
    It really is $100 in amazon, thats why I want a reprint of Color Walk 1...

Hey... anyone here knows if there is a Printing hisory of volume 2 - 23?
    Im trying to get the volume 2-23 without shiny cover...
    shiny cover are the old ones and I dont like it...
    If someone here have volume 2 - 23 without the shiny cover, can you tell me what was the date for its Printing? and its latest print? for example: 17th printing June 2011
    Like this page if you want One Piece Color Walk 1 to be reprinted again by Vizmedia
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reprint-One-Piece-Color-Walk-1/211958312191582

It'S going to be harder to get them outside of the US, because the providers (Can't think of the right word at the moment xD) for them still possibly have older ones. I tried getting the new version of volume 8, but got an old one. Now I'm wating 'till maybe next year or 2013.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by summer9 View Post
    actually last month, it was $74.99 in amazon, and it seems someone bought it... and now its $100....
    It really is $100 in amazon, thats why I want a reprint of Color Walk 1...
    Do you not understand the difference between amazon and amazon marketplace or something.

correct me if Im wrong...

Viz Media dont do shiny covers anymore right? All of its latest release are non shiny cover with the Arc in it...

The reason why I like non shiny covers are because for me, in my opinion, Natural looks in the book make the book more epic... also the non shiny books have the arc in it

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Do you not understand the difference between amazon and amazon marketplace or something.
    oops sorry,, i kinda didnt understand
    Like this page if you want One Piece Color Walk 1 to be reprinted again by Vizmedia
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reprint-One-Piece-Color-Walk-1/211958312191582

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

correct me if Im wrong...

Viz Media dont do shiny covers anymore right? All of its latest release are non shiny cover with the Arc in it...

The reason why I like non shiny covers are because for me, in my opinion, Natural looks in the book make the book more epic... also the non shiny books have the arc in it
    No, they no longer do the foil covers.

oops sorry,, i kinda didnt understand
    Amazon have a service called marketplace, where anyone can sell stuff. Kinda like ebay if everything was "buy it now". If amazon does not have stock of an item, the price shown for an item is the cheapest marketplace seller price. Since Viz just link to amazon, for Color Walk they are showing the marketplace price instead of amazon's official price since amazon themselves have no stock.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    What'd you buy from Sonic that costed 2,99?
    All the Sonic comic books have an MSRP of $2.99 now. No big deal.

Oh, never noticed the shiny covers until now. Luckily, I only have them on volume 1&2 (which I already planned to re-buy because the paper seems darker than the rest.) I'm 16 volumes away from having all One Piece volumes!
    Pre-ordered my color walk 2 for only 9.46. Vol.58 should arrive in the mail tomorrow or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    If they ever do localize Beelzebub, expect to see Beel wearing a diaper or having one of those censor leafs.
    Lame

How is an infant's or whatever penis harmful to ... I don't know, 7 year olds?

I didn't know they linked to amazon. Point is i have never seen it at $15.00 only ever 70+ (i was still just getting into one piece when it first came out)

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    i just looked at my viz dragonball volumes and they had no problem showing kid goku's bits.
    though there's always the chance that they've tightened up since then and wouldn't allow it anymore.
    Are those the original volumes?
    Because ever since the whole "Angry mom complains about Goku's penis" incident, Viz has censored every scene in Dragonball that show Goku's penis.

http://comics212.net/wp-content/uplo...ed-600x450.jpg
    http://comics212.net/wp-content/uplo...ed-600x450.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post

How is an infant's or whatever penis harmful to ... I don't know, 7 year olds?
    It's not really harmful.
    It's just that soccer moms and overprotective parents aren't going to allow their kids to read a manga that features a naked infant.

I got my issue of SJ yesterday.
    I thought that spread of the Strawhat crew after 2 Years were supposed to be with the color pages (well, greyscale, now)?

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    I got my issue of SJ yesterday.
    I thought that spread of the Strawhat crew after 2 Years were supposed to be with the color pages (well, greyscale, now)?
    Yea i just noticed that myself, was little peeved about that and the fact the first scene with luffy putting his hat back on was black and white as well while earlier in the issue naruto got some color pages. Shame the series always get the shaft when it comes to things like that in SJ.
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Do they make any mention of the timeskip in this issue (outside of the timeskip chapters, obviously)?

Is Luffy on the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    Do they make any mention of the timeskip in this issue (outside of the timeskip chapters, obviously)?

Is Luffy on the cover?
    Nope, Naruto is on the cover. No mention of anything special happening in One Piece. Shonen Jump just treats it as business as usuall.

There's supposed to be that week-long thing on shonenjump.com, but yeah, would be nice to have something in the magazine.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

There were a lot of good reasons to make shonen jump focus on Naruto this month.

It's all on their website. http://shonenjump.viz.com/content/inside-sj105

Special Naruto Issue!
    Why Naruto? Let us count the ways! 1. New movie! 2. New video game! 3. New graphic novel! And that's not to mention all the other Naruto-related news bits, from anime releases to the latest chapters serialized in the magazine. So dig into this month's issue featuring our favorite spiky-haired prankster ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

I can understand why they didn't do the color pages or anything but I do wish we had One Piece on the cover at least. When was the last time Shonen Jump put One Piece on the cover? I looked at the ones I have on my shelf from the last few months and I see mostly Bleach and Naruto. I could be wrong but it just been a long while.

Any bets on One Piece being in December's issue?

Why? What happens in December? Is that supposed to be the special Bakuman issue?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDPirate View Post
    When was the last time Shonen Jump put One Piece on the cover?
    July 2010 .

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Why? What happens in December? Is that supposed to be the special Bakuman issue?
    I have no idea really. The only thing I can think of that it be two years since One Piece in SJ jumped to the Impel Down arc.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    July 2010 .
    That is a freakin long time! It explains why I didn't see One Piece on the covers of the SJs that is on my shelf. Anything past February is in a drawer.

It goes without that by now VIZ should throw some cover our way.
    Last edited by firecrouch; September 7th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information