+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 2882

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

I started reading One Piece online so thatīs what iīm a bit used to but iīm still collecting the english volumes. One Piece is fun to read in volume format aswell.

Finally !! One Piece Box Set 4 coming this Fall !! it will contain Volumes 71 to 90 !

Moreover, One Piece Pirate Recipes gets official Translation by Viz !

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1362811733363093504

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1362815474925527045

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

So excited for the Cookbook to finally come out in English!

I wonder what the bonus gift for Set 4 will be? Last sets included Romance Dawn, Cross Epoch, and Chapter 0. What's left to translate? Maybe Monster One-Shot??? Shokugeki no Sanji?

LET'S GO!!!! I've been waiting years for this eventual fourth box set!!

Well, I know what I'm asking Santa for this year.

I expect that the bonus stuff will be Boichi Covers Zolo vs. Mihawk and Shokugeki no Sanji, as the previous three were all special chapters that had been translated for the English Shonen Jump magazine.

Maybe a stupid question, but is there a reason this thread hasn't gone back to living in the main manga forum? Because all of AP goes by Viz release dates now and Alpha hasn't existed for a couple years, it seems odd to have this subforum literally just for this one thread.

One Piece Box Set 4 will release on Sep 9th.

One Piece Pirate Recipes will release on Nov 9th.

pre-order:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/one...=9781974725960

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/one...nji/1138872580

Can anyone tell me why they stopped putting the number of days til the next chapter release on the viz website, I didnít see it on the One Piece or the My Hero Academia pages

It always helped me when we were on breaks or if there was some sort of vacation like golden week

Box Set 4 Cover !

Sounds like the bonus in this one is just the Jinbei cover story all put together. Bloody good. Those of us who get the individual volumes have been screwed over by spinoffs and mini art books exclusive to the box sets for too long!

Don't think this had been revealed before - Viz's cover for Sanji's cookbook. Coming in November, apparently.

I'm glad we're finally starting to see more of the non-manga content come across officially, especially with volume releases going so slow at the minute, but I definitely would have preferred any of the databooks or the rest of the novels ahead of this. I'll bet they've converted all the measurements to the US system as well, which is going to make it a whole lot harder to actually use for cooking by a big chunk of the English-speaking world. I'll probably end up getting it anyway for the sake of the collection, but still...

A huge pet peeve of mine is seeing recipes mention "cups of" something.
    HOW BIG IS THE "CUP"?

I like to get exact measurable units for ingredient weight/volume. Precise numbers.
    A "cup" tells me nothing, since I didn't grow up using "cups" as a measurement.
    I cannot visualize this "cup".

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    HOW BIG IS THE "CUP"?

I like to get exact measurable units for ingredient weight/volume. Precise numbers.
    A "cup" tells me nothing, since I didn't grow up using "cups" as a measurement.
    I cannot visualize this "cup".
    A cup is an actual specific measurement in cooking terms. It's about 240ml or equivalent in whatever other system. Most kitchens I've been in have had a set of designated measuring cups made to hold specifically full, half and quarter cups of whatever.

The stuff that bugs me is when they go into pinches, sprinkles, splashes that have no actual standard I've ever known of. Or saying to add an ingredient "to taste." Maybe I'm new to this dish/ingredient and don't know what my taste for it is yet, recipe writer. At least give me a baseline!

I actually have some measuring spoons for pinch, dash, and smidge, but thatís mostly a novelty. To taste is actually a pretty good measurement amount. Do you like the ingredient thatís being added? Add maybe a bit more. If not, put in less/none at all. Usually itís for salt and pepper which can (usually) be added to a food after the fact if you find it lacking.

Luckily, for everything else, the internet exists for quick conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    HOW BIG IS THE "CUP"?
    A cup is an actual measurement. 8 ounces I think. You're not supposed to guess or use a random cup, you use a measuring cup.

Any measuring cup should have multiple markers, most measuring cups hold 2.

Maybe it's different in the UK? But it's an actual measurement.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    The stuff that bugs me is when they go into pinches, sprinkles, splashes that have no actual standard I've ever known of. Or saying to add an ingredient "to taste." Maybe I'm new to this dish/ingredient and don't know what my taste for it is yet, recipe writer. At least give me a baseline!
    That's because at a certain point cooking stops being exact and turns into unscientific alchemy that will vary depending on your cookware and just how hot your stove is and a bunch of other things.

You just have to use your own judgement, and no recipe can get it right for those bits because the actual quantity is fickle.

Those pinches are so small as to not really fit any measurement. It's less than a tablespoon, or they'd say add a tablespoon. So you shake a shaker two or three times, and everyone's shakers and how forcefully they do it are different. . Then you test it and see if its overpowering or you can't taste it at all. But if you put it all in one spot it'll be overpowering.

You also need to taste test it because some things like salt, after coming out, are hard to actually see and its difficult to judge if you added too little or too much.

It's a non-specific amount because seasons are going to be different needs every single time, and vary from person to person, but it's always a low ammount.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That's because at a certain point cooking stops being exact and turns into unscientific alchemy that will vary depending on your cookware and just how hot your stove is and a bunch of other things.

You just have to use your own judgement, and no recipe can get it right for those bits because the actual quantity is fickle.

Those pinches are so small as to not really fit any measurement. It's less than a tablespoon, or they'd say add a tablespoon. So you shake a shaker two or three times, and everyone's shakers and how forcefully they do it are different. . Then you test it and see if its overpowering or you can't taste it at all. But if you put it all in one spot it'll be overpowering.

You also need to taste test it because some things like salt, after coming out, are hard to actually see and its difficult to judge if you added too little or too much.

It's a non-specific amount because seasons are going to be different needs every single time, and vary from person to person, but it's always a low ammount.
    I get it, I understand why it goes that way. There's as much art as there is science in the process. Problem is, I'm no artist as as kitchens are concerned and imprecise instructions always get me a little anxious no matter what they're for. Just one of those personal things.

Hey Den's face didn't get covered up by the Vol number

Did Box Set 4 get delayed or something? I checked through Amazon and Barnes & Noble and it says January 4 2022. Is it a place holder date?
    This may be a stupid question haha.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information