+ Reply to Thread
Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 2831

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

New covers even though they're being discussed on the main board, because why not. Hey is this thread likely to be abandoned if the Viz release is slated to become the main one going forward?

Oh, shit, they're finally dropping the New World banner. About time. Though, I still, wish they'd used the logo designs from the Japanese version.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Duuuude

NEW WORLD IS DEAD. Hooray!

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The day has come!

Spoiler:

I wonder if anyone not with the community has just assumed this saga lasted 29 volumes
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    I wonder if anyone not with the community has just assumed this saga lasted 29 volumes
    I feel like you're either invested enough in the series to know Viz's saga designations aren't ideal, or you don't really care, because it can't be that surprising for a 90 book series to have a 30 book storyline.

I just got my vol. 88 and there's an ad for the English version of Astra Lost in Space. When the heck did that happen lol I wish I'd known earlier.

Now bring over Sket Dance, please.

And back on the subject of saga designations, I'm still bothered New World started with Fishman Island >_>' I'm also surprised they didn't just switch to 4 Emperors once we reached Zou. They probably could've used that for most of the rest of the series.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

One Piece Volume 91 - Link

Release Date on 6th August

Duuuude

Poor Robin...........

I can't believe they stopped using New World, finally!

Has the second Colour Walk omnibus been delayed? Amazon still says July, but the Viz website seems to have pushed it back to October. I don't recall seeing any news or discussion about this. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Has the second Colour Walk omnibus been delayed? Amazon still says July, but the Viz website seems to have pushed it back to October. I don't recall seeing any news or discussion about this. Can anyone confirm?
    I haven't seen anything official either, but I got an email from Amazon saying my preorder has been indeed delayed and now has an estimated arrival date of October 01, 2019.

Same here unfortunately.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    I'm still bothered New World started with Fishman Island >_>'
    It started with the timeskip really. Which is about the cleanest place it could have been done.

Or at least it would be if that had actually been the first chapter of the volume. I bet if that had been an actual clean break they would have restarted the numbering at 1, the same way they did on Dragonball and Naruto. They can't be happy the thing is approaching 100 volumes, theres not good jump on point for new readers anymore.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Viz didn't reset the volume count number for Naruto, Robby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dip View Post
    I haven't seen anything official either, but I got an email from Amazon saying my preorder has been indeed delayed and now has an estimated arrival date of October 01, 2019.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Same here unfortunately.
    Ah, that's a shame. I was really looking forward to it in a month that's otherwise pretty lacking in physical releases I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It started with the timeskip really. Which is about the cleanest place it could have been done.

Or at least it would be if that had actually been the first chapter of the volume. I bet if that had been an actual clean break they would have restarted the numbering at 1, the same way they did on Dragonball and Naruto. They can't be happy the thing is approaching 100 volumes, theres not good jump on point for new readers anymore.
    I'm not surprised they'd be hesitant to change the numbering, even if they could have made it work by shifting some chapters between volumes like they do get Jojo parts and colour version Dragon Ball arcs starting and ending exactly with the books. One Piece fans are extremely sensitive to changes in the official release on a level that most fanbases just aren't. I can't imagine they're making any choices that could rile up the vocal sect of hardcore fans who make 4kids comparisons lightly. I think if the banners they did use had been thought through properly (not switching from sagas to arcs to however New World could be classified and rounding to the nearest volume instead of always rounding down) they could definitely have served the purpose of a jumping in point, but that ship has definitely sailed.

Shippuden stayed as an anime only construct. As it should. Dragon Ball being artificially sliced bothers me to no end, as people are dismissive of the early series because of it. Jojo's slicing up at least lines up with the theme of the series, even if it happened during like part 5 or 6.

I find the annoyance of having multiple volume 1 worse than having over a hundred volumes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Shippuden stayed as an anime only construct. As it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Viz didn't reset the volume count number for Naruto, Robby.
    My mistake. I didn't buy them so I didn't pay much attention to the numbers. BUT

They may not have added a subtitle or changed the number, but they DID change the spines from white to black and made it veeeeery clear there was a break point, which was the change I had observed casually..

That's clearly marking the Shippuden split in all but name. And they also sell the big box set containing the first 27.

I suspect the only reason they didn't change the numbering is because it was selling like hotcakes at that point and they had just spent several months doing a speed up release to catch up to the japanese run.
    Last edited by Robby; June 12th, 2019 at 03:40 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

And now Amazon has sent me another email stating that the Color Walk is back on for July.

EDIT: And now back to October.
    Last edited by Crossword; June 20th, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information